• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

David Stern has passed away

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the 2000s it was doing better with Dirk, Nash dominating. The problem now is superteams.
Are you kidding? The league is way more popular when there's superteams.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you kidding? The league is way more popular when there's superteams.

Exactly. People say they want parity, but they really don't. People want heroes and villains...superteams provide that.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the 2000s it was doing better with Dirk, Nash dominating. The problem now is superteams.

Those guys were foreign though.

I honestly think if the NBA had a guy who was white American who was a superstar, like a Tom Brady, it'd be way more popular. Especially if it was a guard who could jump through the roof.

It's just a better game than baseball. And unlike football, you can play ball casually. Ball is life...

Although I do think less the case moving forward.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those guys were foreign though.

I honestly think if the NBA had a guy who was white American who was a superstar, like a Tom Brady, it'd be way more popular. Especially if it was a guard who could jump through the roof.

It's just a better game than baseball. And unlike football, you can play ball casually. Ball is life...

Although I do think less the case moving forward.
Thanks for the report from Racistville

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the report from Racistville

Whatever.

Basketball is my favorite sport and it's not even close.

I'm just saying. It is my opinion from my observations. You can respond with well thought out facts that might make me change my mind ... or just call me a racist.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever.

Basketball is my favorite sport and it's not even close.

I'm just saying. It is my opinion from my observations. You can respond with well thought out facts that might make me change my mind ... or just call me a racist.
Why should I give a shit if you change your mind?

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why should I give a shit if you change your mind?

So, any way, my first thought was to post something nasty in response.

But I'm just going to let it go.

That's the end of the conversation. Thanks for your opinion.

It's the New Year and this is how I'm gonna start it...

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, any way, my first thought was to post something nasty in response.

But I'm just going to let it go.

That's the end of the conversation. Thanks for your opinion.

It's the New Year and this is how I'm gonna start it...

I don't mind nasty back and forths if you still want to. But dude, just because you are a little bit racist and would enjoy a sport you already love even more if some American white guy was a big star, doesn't mean everyone else would. Just other racists.

I don't see any black people souring on the NBA because Luka Doncic is the hottest new superstar.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind nasty back and forths if you still want to. But dude, just because you are a little bit racist and would enjoy a sport you already love even more if some American white guy was a big star, doesn't mean everyone else would. Just other racists.

I don't see any black people souring on the NBA because Luka Doncic is the hottest new superstar.

Dude, just let it go. Forget it.

I respect your basketball knowledge.

Also, I don't know who you are, but you're arguing with a middle aged man, so ... just let it go.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, just let it go. Forget it.

I respect your basketball knowledge.

Also, I don't know who you are, but you're arguing with a middle aged man, so ... just let it go.

I love arguing with middle aged men! Since I'm one, that's all I got. Except arguing with my wife and that's no fun.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think what jontae said is necessarily racist. I think a lot of folks, maybe even most folks, want to see someone who looks like themselves when they turn on the tv. Doesn't matter if it's a show or a sporting event.

That's why there has been such a push over the years to start diversifying the characters in tv shows. Have more diverse characters, you attract a more diverse audience.

That's also why MLB has had a big push in the past several years to start doing things in predominantly black communities. Because black people were souring on baseball.

Isn't that a lot of where Steph Curry's popularity comes from? The dude literally looks like everybody else and has found a way to be a dominant player. Let's all of us regular folk think we can do that too.

The NBA is what? Over 80% black? 90%? Nothing wrong with that...it's sports. The best players make it and in basketball, the best players tend to overwhelmingly be black. But it's also, at least partially, why black folks aren't souring on basketball because of Luka.

How many white people became basketball fans because of Larry Bird?

I think it's a bit of a knee jerk reaction to say someone is "a little bit racist" for pointing it out. I don't find it as much racist as human nature.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think what jontae said is necessarily racist. I think a lot of folks, maybe even most folks, want to see someone who looks like themselves when they turn on the tv. Doesn't matter if it's a show or a sporting event.

Yeah. I saw nothing racist about his post and I'm black lol

That was a crazy comment to make

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larry Bird,Majic,Kareem,Dr J,Moses Malone,Jordan really the reason why the NBA became popular. Stern just happened to be in the right place at the right time. The NBA draft lottery is a joke