• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

David Montgomery it is

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pace traded up to take him at #73, but it wasn't cheap. We gave up #87, #162, and the 2020 4th rounder. But we get back from NE their 6th round pick - not sure what exact number that is.

I was a little concerned when the trade up was announced that we were going for Devin Singletary. Glad we chose Montgomery instead.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't believe we gave picks away.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't believe we gave picks away.
Hey, welcome back, you've been away for a while. You still have the best damn avatar on the entire board as far as I'm concerned.

Obviously, with a dearth of picks in this and next year's draft, I too wasn't wild about giving up picks and if anything preferred that we would have traded down to acquire more. But I have to trust Pace to know what he's doing. And after checking a number of draft sites, Montgomery was a top 50/top 60 player on many draft site rankings. So it appears that at least on paper, Pace got value.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, welcome back, you've been away for a while. You still have the best damn avatar on the entire board as far as I'm concerned.

Obviously, with a dearth of picks in this and next year's draft, I too wasn't wild about giving up picks and if anything preferred that we would have traded down to acquire more. But I have to trust Pace to know what he's doing. And after checking a number of draft sites, Montgomery was a top 50/top 60 player on many draft site rankings. So it appears that at least on paper, Pace got value.
Montgomery's closest comp is Kareem Hunt. The only took he doesn't have in the bag is the long speed, which isn't as important as the things he does have: vision, quick feet, shiftyness, ability to block and catch.

When Pace sees a guy he wants, he goes and gets him, which you have to respect. He traded up/in for Trubisky, Floyd, Eddie Jackson and Anthony Miller, just off the top of my head. He also hopped ahead of Green Bay which would've likely been in the market for a guy like Montgomery. Was a bit to give up for sure but don't be surprised if Montgomery is the best back to come out of this draft. He's just what we need at RB to complement Cohen, and without 1st and 2nd round picks, there's no better way to get to get an immediate, big impact player in the 3rd than grabbing a good back.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Montgomery's closest comp is Kareem Hunt. The only took he doesn't have in the bag is the long speed, which isn't as important as the things he does have: vision, quick feet, shiftyness, ability to block and catch.

When Pace sees a guy he wants, he goes and gets him, which you have to respect. He traded up/in for Trubisky, Floyd, Eddie Jackson and Anthony Miller, just off the top of my head. He also hopped ahead of Green Bay which would've likely been in the market for a guy like Montgomery. Was a bit to give up for sure but don't be surprised if Montgomery is the best back to come out of this draft. He's just what we need at RB to complement Cohen, and without 1st and 2nd round picks, there's no better way to get to get an immediate, big impact player in the 3rd than grabbing a good back.

I bolded that one description because after watching a bunch of video clips on him, the one impression I came away with is his ability to bust a move without missing a beat. Like you said, he's not breakaway fast, but he's quick. Plus throw in the fact that he can catch passes and block for his QB, and I think we have ourselves a well-rounded RB.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also hopped ahead of Green Bay which would've likely been in the market for a guy like Montgomery

Nah. Pace sniped Montgomery from the Bills who had the very next pick and ended up drafting RB Devin Singletary.