• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Daryl Morey and China

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can kyrie rap?

“New Balance just jumped over jumpman”

Heehee

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His job shouldn't be in jeopardy. He did nothing wrong.

If Lebron, Kerr, Popovich and even Silver can trip over each other trying to be the first to criticize Trump when he tweets something they don't like...

Morey should be able to speak out against a communist dictatorship that is actively oppressing people.

Exactly. The NBA prides itself on being social justice issues and free speech.

Remember when they moved the all-star game out of Charlotte because the NBA took a stance on the state of North Carolina’s unisex bathroom decision?

That didn’t cost the NBA money. It seems saying something about actual human oppression and then retracting the statements would leave egg on the face of the NBA.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When employees cost employers money, they get fired.

Free speech has nothing to do with private sector employment. This isn't magical ideal world, it's the real world.
You think he said something bad?

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously though, if you are New Balance aren’t you viewing this as a massive marketing opportunity?

Made in the USA and all that?

If I’m a NB exec I’m already in Beaverton trying to poach some Nike marketing folks and then launching a huge push on my basketball shoes. By regular season start I’m running a commercial every timeout break with old glory flying on the blacktop and Kyrie ballin out on some scrubs.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we’re being honest, there is only one way to settle this...

LeBron vs Yao in the Octagon

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA: Quit telling us to stick to sports!

NBA person: *doesn't stick to sports*

NBA: WE'RE ONLY TALKING ABOUT SPORTS!

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
China's heavy-handed reaction to the NBA is just the wake-up call the world needed

The Chinese government is a disaster. For years they've gotten to operate in secret while they sold weapons to African governments to clear the land of humans so Chinese companies could profit from the raw resources there.

Even Trump doesn't call them out on their worst abuses.

Hong Kong is well enough off that you hear about it, but the Chinese government has put down people for the last decade with no resistance while becoming a global power.

If it costs the NBA money to help rid the world of this Chinese government and help people all over the world. Well good.

Fuck the Chinese government.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, regardless of what you think of Kap or his decision to protest, he did so KNOWING he was sacrificing a ton of money in the process. He basically ended his career to support a cause he believed in and spoke about social injustice. That at the very least takes a huge amount of conviction and dedication. His words weren't empty because he put his money where his mouth is. That in itself should gain some respect if you don't even agree with his actions.

But now you see the athletes refraining from speaking on it because it could hurt their pockets. It sucks that one singular tweet from a GM could end all business relationships between the NBA and China, but now that it has go full bore on it. Speak out against it. There's not really any going back at this point.

To be honest the guy on the Warriors I'm most interested in hearing speak about this is Klay. He's signed with Anta and I just read that they've cancelled their sponsorship for the NBA. I wonder what he'll say and what stance he'll take. He'd be sacrificing a shit ton of money if he's on his way out. But then again he'll have no shortage of suitors. Splash bro Under Armour gear would be $$$$$.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty interesting read here.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty interesting read here.
Make the American NBA Market Great Again.

Now where the Fuck have I heard that before.:clap:

When the NBA loses China. We Win.:yes:

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doing one and not the other makes you a gutless hypocrite.

I'm a Kap supporter and 100% I agree with you. Can't have it both ways.

There's no real difference going on right now than what happened with Kap. A market has been affected (either domestic or foreign) and players in the league who didn't have anything to do with the situation are now having a microphone thrown in their face to have to answer their thoughts.

Morey shouldn't have to censor his opinion. Was it optimal or even smart from a financial perspective, absolutely not. But then again it wasn't for Kap either who's forfeited millions of dollars and a career in the NFL.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck China and fuck the NBA for kissing Chinese ass

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a Kap supporter and 100% I agree with you. Can't have it both ways.

There's no real difference going on right now than what happened with Kap. A market has been affected (either domestic or foreign) and players in the league who didn't have anything to do with the situation are now having a microphone thrown in their face to have to answer their thoughts.

Morey shouldn't have to censor his opinion. Was it optimal or even smart from a financial perspective, absolutely not. But then again it wasn't for Kap either who's forfeited millions of dollars and a career in the NFL.

I won’t turn this into a Kap debate, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I just thought it was a good comparison for all the people that profit from the Nike sweat shops with everything going on at the moment.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, regardless of what you think of Kap or his decision to protest, he did so KNOWING he was sacrificing a ton of money in the process. He basically ended his career to support a cause he believed in and spoke about social injustice. That at the very least takes a huge amount of conviction and dedication. His words weren't empty because he put his money where his mouth is. That in itself should gain some respect if you don't even agree with his actions.

But now you see the athletes refraining from speaking on it because it could hurt their pockets. It sucks that one singular tweet from a GM could end all business relationships between the NBA and China, but now that it has go full bore on it. Speak out against it. There's not really any going back at this point.

To be honest the guy on the Warriors I'm most interested in hearing speak about this is Klay. He's signed with Anta and I just read that they've cancelled their sponsorship for the NBA. I wonder what he'll say and what stance he'll take. He'd be sacrificing a shit ton of money if he's on his way out. But then again he'll have no shortage of suitors. Splash bro Under Armour gear would be $$$$$.

Perfect

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he was an employee of mine.
And you don’t think that would hurt the rockets business at home? Gm fired for being pro democracy.. good luck with that pr nightmare.