• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Darnell Dockett signs with 49ers

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 year deal 7.5 mill 4 mill this season and 2 mill guaranteed.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the old get older.

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanna see Arizona's fans reaction the first time he pops off as a Niner. They were way supportive of his shenanigans as a Cardinal

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is still just reported, right? They can't sign them until next week, right?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this guy a lot, signing makes sense. Hope he still has something left in the tank, he's fun to watch (and listen to).

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is still just reported, right? They can't sign them until next week, right?

I think he can be signed, he is not a guy entering free agency, but someone cut by a team.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, if you are released you can sign right away

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish Darnell all the best, except when the Niners play Arizona. I hope he has the worst games of his career then. :D

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is exactly why I love the Cards new front office. Why overpay for a 34 year old coming off a torn ACL who hasn't put together a high quality year since 2010. He was a rotation guy before the torn ACL because his production dropped so much.

Dockett was a great locker room guy who always played hard. Unfortunately I can't wish him the best because he joined the niners, but I will say farewell DD and thanks for all the great years as a Cardinal.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why overpay for a 34 year old coming off a torn ACL who hasn't put together a high quality year since 2010.

Because we're talking about da 9ers and the ninja warrior of the salary cap, Baalke

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and because they're a org that seeks "accountability" they also signed Jerome Simpson. LOL at this front office. Like watching a clown car plow into a telephone pole.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a fan of Dockett, as sad is it is to see a long time player & fan favorite go play for a rival team, this was the right move for everyone involved. Production wise, he has slipped since 2010. He can still be a disrupter in the backfield, but he doesn't make a lot of plays. He mainly opens it up for others to make the plays.

I am not sure how much gas is left in the tank, but in a rotation, I think he can be effective. He still needs to recover from the ACL & add back the 30+ pounds he has lost since the injury. I am just not sure his production will be worth $4 mil this upcoming season.

Dockett just comes off as a hypocrite for chasing the money when he criticized Dansby last offseason for doing the same thing.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a fan of Dockett, as sad is it is to see a long time player & fan favorite go play for a rival team, this was the right move for everyone involved. Production wise, he has slipped since 2010. He can still be a disrupter in the backfield, but he doesn't make a lot of plays. He mainly opens it up for others to make the plays.

I am not sure how much gas is left in the tank, but in a rotation, I think he can be effective. He still needs to recover from the ACL & add back the 30+ pounds he has lost since the injury. I am just not sure his production will be worth $4 mil this upcoming season.

Dockett just comes off as a hypocrite for chasing the money when he criticized Dansby last offseason for doing the same thing.

Davis, I would argue that it is NOT hypocritical if Dansby wasn't cut then asked back at 1/3 the prior price tag by the organization he had been a part of for over a decade. DD sees it as a slight, wanted ARZ to respect him enough to match the offer, they didn't, he bolted.

I like the signing. The Niners have a guy that can man the 3-4 DE vacated by Ray Ray while allowing our young bucks an opportunity to rotate in and get some much needed experience. I would like to see Tank and Dial rotate in for Cowboy (please come back!) and DD. The other factor that Baalke has made a killing with over the last couple of years is many of the FA he signs have been cut by other teams, thus not affecting the draft pick compensatory scale, which is why we continue to stockpile picks and attempt to restock the shelves every year.

$2 Mil on the books for a guy that is in essence a solid starter and stop gap while we see how our young draft picks pan out is a sound investment IMO. I've never been a big fan of the high priced FA coming from another team, regardless of youth unless we are talking someone like Suh who can be dominant in ANY scheme. On ANY team, for every Justin Smith signed, there are like 20 signings of the Jonas Jennings or Antonio Langham variety.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because we're talking about da 9ers and the ninja warrior of the salary cap, Paraag Marathe.

There. FIFY. If you are going to attempt to poke the bear, at least do it with some accuracy. :thumb:

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis, I would argue that it is NOT hypocritical if Dansby wasn't cut then asked back at 1/3 the prior price tag by the organization he had been a part of for over a decade. DD sees it as a slight, wanted ARZ to respect him enough to match the offer, they didn't, he bolted.

I like the signing. The Niners have a guy that can man the 3-4 DE vacated by Ray Ray while allowing our young bucks an opportunity to rotate in and get some much needed experience. I would like to see Tank and Dial rotate in for Cowboy (please come back!) and DD. The other factor that Baalke has made a killing with over the last couple of years is many of the FA he signs have been cut by other teams, thus not affecting the draft pick compensatory scale, which is why we continue to stockpile picks and attempt to restock the shelves every year.

$2 Mil on the books for a guy that is in essence a solid starter and stop gap while we see how our young draft picks pan out is a sound investment IMO. I've never been a big fan of the high priced FA coming from another team, regardless of youth unless we are talking someone like Suh who can be dominant in ANY scheme. On ANY team, for every Justin Smith signed, there are like 20 signings of the Jonas Jennings or Antonio Langham variety.

Calling someone out for chasing the money & then go chasing the money a year later is being a hypocrite. No matter how it came to be, he is saying one thing & doing the opposite. I don't fault players for taking the money, & I don't blame Dockett for going with the slightly better deal. It is what it is.

As for Docket, he will make $4 mil in 2015, not $2 mil. That is a lot of money for a likely rotational player coming off an ACL at age 34.