• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Darius Slay exit interview

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darius Slay: I don't respect Detroit Lions' Matt Patricia because of 2018 incident

Slay said he had one other encounter with Patricia that got their relationship off to a bad start, early in the 2018 offseason, after he joined Richard Sherman, Aqib Talib and Xavier Rhodes for a cornerback workout.

Slay told reporters upon returning to Michigan that he wasn't worried about working out with players the Lions were going to face that season. He said Patricia called him into the office after his comments and told him Sherman was using him to get information on the Lions, and that he didn't belong in that workout because he wasn't on the same level as a player.

“He told me, out of his mouth, he said, 'Those are elite guys. You’re not elite. You’re a good player, but they are elite. And Sherman’s smart. He used you,' " Slay said. "

BB_72"

same applies here to.

Patricia could've/should've not been so damn denigrating.

Zwalt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,173.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't stated their job is in jeopardy at this time.

But I damn for sure can envision it heading that way coming into 2021

No matter what the record ends up being when 2020 is finished, I still see BQ/MP being employed in 2021 until it all comes unraveled (if it comes unraveled)

Uh dude...that's not funny.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate BQ and dislike MP, but if we somehow get a playoff win all is forgiven:D

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh dude...that's not funny.

It's how it see it unfolding.

All the win now mode is garbage that the Detroit media types hyped up. Martha never stated anything close to that. All she did was have the memorandum put out to season ticket holders that she expects to be competing for the playoffs. Nothing more than that.

My interpretation of her statement was nothing more than her saying, "please lions fans-season ticket holder's keep spending money on our lackluster organization because my children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren rely upon all of you to support us being able to buy our 20+M homes and all necessities to run those homes."

Zwalt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,173.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's how it see it unfolding.

All the win now mode is garbage that the Detroit media types hyped up. Martha never stated anything close to that. All she did was have the memorandum put out to season ticket holders that she expects to be competing for the playoffs. Nothing more than that.

My interpretation of her statement was nothing more than her saying, "please lions fans-season ticket holder's keep spending money on our lackluster organization because my children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren rely upon all of you to support us being able to buy our 20+M homes and all necessities to run those homes."

Even the old man could only stand so much embarrassment... If they go 6-10 or worse, MP has got to go, doesn't he? He's an incompetent boob...and an asshole to boot. Did I mention he's a fat slob in a moo moo parka? Oh and that stupid pencil while he has dry erase board in his hand? And that stupid fucking beard?!?

Okay, so that might not all be coaching related but you get my point...and he sucks.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they go 6-10 or worse, MP has got to go, doesn't he?

I doubt it.

Martha isn't that far behind or should I say above WCF in being ball-less and not making the right decisions. jmo and nothing else.

they were rumors 2 years ago that BQ gets 10M per and MP 7M per and on guaranteed 5 year contracts

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even the old man could only stand so much embarrassment... If they go 6-10 or worse, MP has got to go, doesn't he? He's an incompetent boob...and an asshole to boot. Did I mention he's a fat slob in a moo moo parka? Oh and that stupid pencil while he has dry erase board in his hand? And that stupid fucking beard?!?

Okay, so that might not all be coaching related but you get my point...and he sucks.

the one thing that tipped me off early as to how much of a douchebag MP is, is the backwards hat. nothing more douchebaggy than a "grown man" wearing his hat backwards

phantomfoul88

"Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see both sides. He’s not elite. And he shouldn’t be so sensitive. I’ve never in my life ever heard a Patriot player publicly moan about how they were treated. I don’t really have a problem with Patty being honest with him. I think a tougher player would have wanted to prove his HC wrong.

With all that said, it’s extremely disappointing to see Patricia fail over and over to inspire good players. That’s a problem.

Agree, Slay and others outside of Detroit think he's better than what he is. He's good, not elite. I'm glad the Lions didn't give him that kind of contract. At the same time I think Patricia is a terrible motivator and coach. I'd be shocked if he makes it the entire season.

phantomfoul88

"Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the one thing that tipped me off early as to how much of a douchebag MP is, is the backwards hat. nothing more douchebaggy than a "grown man" wearing his hat backwards

And a pencil he never uses.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure Slay is in a safe space now. MP was right. He is a pussy.

That being said, you have to motivate players individually. Everyone responds differently. Some players need to be coddled and some need the opposite to motivate them. You have to be able to recognize that. Its part of being a good coach. MP does not seem to be doing that.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Patricia doesn't have the emotional strength to be in charge of anything.

James Robert Quinn should have noticed early on that he made a huge mistake hiring Patricia as head coach, but doesn't have the balls to fire his friend. If he hasn't recognized he made a huge mistake, he's in over his head.

Martha Ford is clearly in over her head.

And the shit show continues.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darius Slay: I don't respect Detroit Lions' Matt Patricia because of 2018 incident

Slay said he had one other encounter with Patricia that got their relationship off to a bad start, early in the 2018 offseason, after he joined Richard Sherman, Aqib Talib and Xavier Rhodes for a cornerback workout.

Slay told reporters upon returning to Michigan that he wasn't worried about working out with players the Lions were going to face that season. He said Patricia called him into the office after his comments and told him Sherman was using him to get information on the Lions, and that he didn't belong in that workout because he wasn't on the same level as a player.

“He told me, out of his mouth, he said, 'Those are elite guys. You’re not elite. You’re a good player, but they are elite. And Sherman’s smart. He used you,' " Slay said. "

BB_72"

same applies here to.

Patricia could've/should've not been so damn denigrating.

Slay should of said. You shouldn't talk to players like Belicheck. Belicheck is elite and you are not.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slay should of said. You shouldn't talk to players like Belicheck. Belicheck is elite and you are not.

Seems like eventually Bilicheck even wore down Tom Brady. Patricia has done nothing, his defense lost a superbowl where his teams offense put up 600 yards and did not punt once.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see both sides. He’s not elite. And he shouldn’t be so sensitive. I’ve never in my life ever heard a Patriot player publicly moan about how they were treated. I don’t really have a problem with Patty being honest with him. I think a tougher player would have wanted to prove his HC wrong.

With all that said, it’s extremely disappointing to see Patricia fail over and over to inspire good players. That’s a problem.

That's just it.
Bitch baiting them to prove him wrong is not inspiring. It's passive aggressive and shows poor leadership.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the one thing that tipped me off early as to how much of a douchebag MP is, is the backwards hat. nothing more douchebaggy than a "Bearded Fuck" wearing his hat backwards

FIFY...