• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Darius Bazley

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clown

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This sucks for Syracuse. They go from having a very good class to just an okay one. Carey is borderline top 50, Boeheim isn't ranked high, but he's a good shooter.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It makes sense from a pure competition standpoint but man you're giving up an awesome year of your life to go live in obscurity for a year

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It makes sense from a pure competition standpoint but man you're giving up an awesome year of your life to go live in obscurity for a year

You’re also getting coached by some schmuck

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you know Boehiem definitely isn't paying for players. This dude will supposedly make only $26,000 next year.

In all seriousness this will make for an interesting case study. It will be interesting how much playing time he receives and how he's welcomed into the league, remember these guys are 23-30 years old trying to make an NBA roster.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you know Boehiem definitely isn't paying for players. This dude will supposedly make only $26,000 next year.

In all seriousness this will make for an interesting case study. It will be interesting how much playing time he receives and how he's welcomed into the league, remember these guys are 23-30 years old trying to make an NBA roster.

He'll probably get a few endorsements (and he also has an agent), so he'll end up making more than enough to validate this decision from a financial standpoint. I'm not an expert in this field, so I'm just repeating what I have read.

Good point on how he's received from the crowd that have been trying to make it to the league. Never really thought about that angle before.

Wonder where Syracuse looks to now. Have to figure they'll be major players in the grad transfer market. If not, they're going to be even thinner than last year.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll probably get a few endorsements (and he also has an agent), so he'll end up making more than enough to validate this decision from a financial standpoint. I'm not an expert in this field, so I'm just repeating what I have read.

Good point on how he's received from the crowd that have been trying to make it to the league. Never really thought about that angle before.

Wonder where Syracuse looks to now. Have to figure they'll be major players in the grad transfer market. If not, they're going to be even thinner than last year.

Yeah that's true, in regards to the endorsements. I would guess he would get a shoe deal with somebody for relatively cheap in hopes he turns out to be a good NBA player down the road.

And yeah this is a huge loss for Syracuse. Really thought they'd be a top 10 team with him and assuming everyone of significance returned. I'm sure Boeheim will find a grad transfer, he's been pretty good at landing transfers the last couple of years.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that's true, in regards to the endorsements. I would guess he would get a shoe deal with somebody for relatively cheap in hopes he turns out to be a good NBA player down the road.

And yeah this is a huge loss for Syracuse. Really thought they'd be a top 10 team with him and assuming everyone of significance returned. I'm sure Boeheim will find a grad transfer, he's been pretty good at landing transfers the last couple of years.

I think Battle is gone

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Syracuse has zero depth at forward now. Matthew Moyer was a marginal player, but he'll be missed now that Bazley isn't coming. They need to land a top tier grad transfer.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Battle is gone

That would make this a devastating off-season for Syracuse. I don't see Battle on any first round draft boards.

The opinion that Battle is gone is a somewhat popular one on twitter. A lot of people think he is leaving. Others are more optimistic on him staying. It will be interesting to see what happens.