• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Daric Barton still sucks 2014 thread.

DonyellFreak

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fucking hate that this guy is still on the team and that we are forced to watch him get chance after chance season after season.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is BB really concerned that someone would be stealing our "diamond in the rough"? We have absolutely no better prospects in the farm system? I know his D is above average, but he's GG winner. :gaah:

RaiderZar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is BB really concerned that someone would be stealing our "diamond in the rough"? We have absolutely no better prospects in the farm system? I know his D is above average, but he's GG winner. :gaah:

Meant to say he's no GG winner...:yahoo:

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morales would be a good fit IMO. That, or move Norris over to 1st and platoon him with Moss. Though Norris' bat might be too good for a platoon role.

Last edited by a moderator:

DonyellFreak

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate that someone like Norris, Jaso, Callaspo, or Moss sits for Barton to play but more than that I just don't even want him on the roster. Fuld is looking good for the Twins and is a solid player and we stuck Vogt down in AAA after he had a monster spring.

Norris is going so well BoMel needs to ride him until he's no longer forcing himself into the lineup every day, and if Norris is just this good now he needs to be an everyday player.

RaiderZar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate that someone like Norris, Jaso, Callaspo, or Moss sits for Barton to play but more than that I just don't even want him on the roster. Fuld is looking good for the Twins and is a solid player and we stuck Vogt down in AAA after he had a monster spring.

Norris is going so well BoMel needs to ride him until he's no longer forcing himself into the lineup every day, and if Norris is just this good now he needs to be an everyday player.

A bit of a liability at 1B. Almost an error per game. The play last night where he easily could have touched 1st for the force before throwing home kinda showed his limitations. Don't get me wrong, I would much prefer his bat to Barton's D. I just think he could us down the road. I would rather have Moss at 1B.

ratenstein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised there wasn't already a thread devoted to this.

RaiderZar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morales would be a good fit IMO. That, or move Norris over to 1st and platoon him with Moss. Though Norris' bat might be too good for a platoon role.

Nava, you going to pull a Me, Myself & Irene fit this weekend? Who's it going to be??? :whistle:

DonyellFreak

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump for Barton costing us the first game of the double header, if he's only there for defense he has to make that play in the 10th inning. The fans were booing when he got up to bat in the bottom half of the inning of course he popped out.

RaiderZar I didn't mean Alberto needs to play at first over Moss I just mean somehow someway if Barton is in the lineup a legit major leaguer sits, so those are basically wasted plate appearances it's like letting the starting pitcher hit instead of using a DH having to let Barton get his at bats.

RaiderZar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump for Barton costing us the first game of the double header, if he's only there for defense he has to make that play in the 10th inning. The fans were booing when he got up to bat in the bottom half of the inning of course he popped out.

RaiderZar I didn't mean Alberto needs to play at first over Moss I just mean somehow someway if Barton is in the lineup a legit major leaguer sits, so those are basically wasted plate appearances it's like letting the starting pitcher hit instead of using a DH having to let Barton get his at bats.

What's up with Stretch Freiman? Anyway, soon BB needs to upgrade at 1B & get another, legit starter. Millone is complete garbage. No confidence & no control. Maybe Pomeranz will move into a SP role.

DonyellFreak

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's up with Stretch Freiman? Anyway, soon BB needs to upgrade at 1B & get another, legit starter. Millone is complete garbage. No confidence & no control. Maybe Pomeranz will move into a SP role.

Nate isn't doing great in AAA I think he's hitting in the .230's I still believe he'd do well in a platoon like last season though. Peterson is having a nice year, he plays well at first plus he can play three outfield positions, with Coco hurting his neck it makes sense to me for him to come up as insurance and Barton to get sent out.

I feel like Pomeranz deserves a shot and the pressure is on Milone to show he's worthy of staying in the rotation on his next start, probably him or Straliy can be moved into the pen for Pomeranz.

RaiderZar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nate isn't doing great in AAA I think he's hitting in the .230's I still believe he'd do well in a platoon like last season though. Peterson is having a nice year, he plays well at first plus he can play three outfield positions, with Coco hurting his neck it makes sense to me for him to come up as insurance and Barton to get sent out.

I feel like Pomeranz deserves a shot and the pressure is on Milone to show he's worthy of staying in the rotation on his next start, probably him or Straliy can be moved into the pen for Pomeranz.

BB gave up on Fuld waaaaaaaaaay to soon. And, has kept Barton waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to long.:gaah:

RaiderZar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strailey sent down instead of Millone. I wonder if BB is just trying to trade TM or will simply release him. He really, really sucks... :gaah:

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milone can be a good back of the rotation starter, but Straily has a much better ceiling than Milone. I'd much rather see him in the rotation.

DonyellFreak

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milone can be a good back of the rotation starter, but Straily has a much better ceiling than Milone. I'd much rather see him in the rotation.

Milone was dealing tonight, Straily sent down to the Rivercats but the A's keep their sub .150 hitting first baseman.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Though if Norris keeps hitting like this, he'll force himself into the everyday lineup.

DonyellFreak

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Nate Freiman is getting hot in Sac he has 6 homers and 37 RBI, A's were rumored to be working a deal for Kyle Blanks of the Padres but it could just be smoke and no fire.

Moss showing he can hit against LHP pretty well here of late, no reason to have another left hand first baseman along with Moss on the roster.

Stephen Vogt is off the DL and playing in AAA were Vogt to come up Norris could DH on the days the A's want to rest him from catching.

So something could happen soon with regards to Barton, too many real options out there to keep a guy still hitting below .150