• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Daredevil (TV series)

Thumper

The "winners" won't let me post.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Thumper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's nitty. It's gritty. It's dark.

Too dark for cable.

It's funny.

Some elements of Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul.

Has a vampire chick from True Blood.

The fight scenes are really cool!

Looks like Wing Chun Kung Fu to me. Or Jeet Kun Do. The Bruce Lee stuff. He definitely goes for multiple combos and interceptions/counter punching. Using space and moving all around, up and down. Really cool fights.

And sort of like a cop-lawyer show. But well written, and well shot with no commercials. A whole new season on Netflix. Only 9 bucks a month.

He's a blind attorney. Btw. Dare Devil. Takes him a while of fighting to put a guy down. He is blind. He's not wiping out ten-20 dudes comic book style. He only operates in his little neighborhood. Hell's Kitchen, New York.

Good show.

Thumper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rewatching episode 1. So he doesn't throw big haymakers that sends a guy flying and knocked out.

He throws flurries of punches and maybe has to hit a guy 20-25 times to put him down.

But he is blind... So kind of cool.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was coming to post my thoughts after 2 episodes. Glad to see a thread for this show.

I'm a big Marvel fan as far as the cinematic universe goes. I never really thought Daredevil was interesting though. The character itself might still need some convincing from me for this series, but this is what really sold me: the action in the last 3 minutes of Ep 2. Holy shit. Here is finally a scene where a human person (whether or not he has super powers or not) feels the physical impact and toll of a fight. They take the time to show that real people get fucking tired in a fist fight. Murdock is gasping for air. He's bracing himself against the wall. This is how you make a story like this feel more real.

Big Kudos so far to Netflix for bridging that gap between realism and the superhero world. Sure, we have to suspend some reality to watch a superhero story, but keeping the viewers engaged enough so that it still feels like it could happen is a real challenge and the creators of Daredevil have done a great job through 2 episodes.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the first two episodes last night. I liked the character in the comics and other things but do not know him that well, so huge fans may have issues with things I don't notice. I thought both episodes were good, the second being the better. A lot more character development and the action was great.

Thumper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the first two episodes last night. I liked the character in the comics and other things but do not know him that well, so huge fans may have issues with things I don't notice. I thought both episodes were good, the second being the better. A lot more character development and the action was great.

I was a comic book Collecter and all that. Dare Devil just wasn't that big. It's not for kids anyway.

If anything like The Punisher.

But little kids and teens wouldn't have gravitated to a blind attorney in New York City per se. Not like Spider-Man or Batman, Superman, Fantastic 4, Hulk, Thor, Ironman, etc.

But it's a good show for adults now. Reminds me of Dexter a little bit.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am about half way through the season.

I like that it is part of the MCU, but it has such a different tone from everything else in the MCU that I have a hard time picturing it ever crossing over.

Quick question, though. Given the current storyline in SHIELD, would DD be considered "Powered", and thus, require registration?

Agent Orange

Harbaugh's shrink
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the entire series last night... pretty sure my family thinks I'm dead.

I don't really like superheroes, but this was probably the best live-action superhero projects I've seen.

I should have paced myself though, now its over and I'll have to wait a year.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish that Marvel would just buy the movie/tv rights for all of the xmen/fanastic4/silver surfer from Fox.

It's cool knowing that DD could someday crossover to the avengers and guardians of the galaxy. but the more the merrier.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not done yet, but MINOR gripe...

There are a shit-ton of skyline shots of NYC. Why no Stark Tower? Didn't the Battle of NY take place in Manhattan? In the long shots of Manhattan, there has not been any destruction, yet they have made passing references to the battle, so there is no question it took place in this universe.

Again, minor gripe, but it would have been nice for them to CG these details in.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 episodes in, loving it.

The end of 4 was infuckingtense.

PhightinIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't going to watch this since most of the super hero shows have been eh to me but with such awesome reviews might have to grab a case and give it a go.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't going to watch this since most of the super hero shows have been eh to me but with such awesome reviews might have to grab a case and give it a go.
It does not have the same feel as the rest of the MCU. It is kinda like Arrow and Gotham, but darker and less campy. Maybe it's closest comparison would be the Dark Knight movies, but even those have more camp than this.

It actually has a little bit of a Godfather feel to it.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a comic book Collecter and all that. Dare Devil just wasn't that big. It's not for kids anyway.

If anything like The Punisher.

But little kids and teens wouldn't have gravitated to a blind attorney in New York City per se. Not like Spider-Man or Batman, Superman, Fantastic 4, Hulk, Thor, Ironman, etc.

But it's a good show for adults now. Reminds me of Dexter a little bit.
I definitely got the Dexter-thing in a few scenes.

Thumper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm through 7. My whole family watched. Notice how they use so many foreign languages for worldwide audience.

Chinese, Japanese, Russian, Spanish. So far.

A new (old) character comes and reveals many secrets.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm through 7. My whole family watched. Notice how they use so many foreign languages for worldwide audience.

Chinese, Japanese, Russian, Spanish. So far.

A new (old) character comes and reveals many secrets.
They reference Farsi as well...

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just finished episode 9. Wow.