• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dante Fowler Jr.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams have acquired Dante for a 3rd and a 5th round pick in next year's draft!

Considering we'll be getting two compensatory picks (probably 3rd rounders) for Trumaine Johnson and sammy Watkins, I love this deal!

What's everybody's take?

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8 games to audition, is going to have lots of one on ones, better win them for his and the teams sake. It was worth a chance.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They gave up alot for an 8 game rental that has a whopping 8 sacks in 3 seasons and is injury prone.

Apparently, the Rams thought he was worth it. I would've offered a 4th and walked away if they said no.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot about the picks for Watkins and Tru. Like the move even more now.

Dante’s 6’3 255 and way more of an Edge type player in a 3-4 than he is a DE in a 4-3 like he was in Jville

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They gave up alot for an 8 game rental that has a whopping 8 sacks in 3 seasons and is injury prone.

Apparently, the Rams thought he was worth it. I would've offered a 4th and walked away if they said no.

He had 8 sacks last season not total, which isn't bad for a guy that didn't start, and he hasn't missed a game since his rookie season.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot about the picks for Watkins and Tru. Like the move even more now.

Dante’s 6’3 255 and way more of an Edge type player in a 3-4 than he is a DE in a 4-3 like he was in Jville
i like the signing.... part of this game is getting the right pieces.... a 6-3 255 lb rusher off the edge is the type of backer we need .

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Basically gave up a 5th if he doesn't stay. If he doesn't stick, we should get a similar 3rd compensatory pick to the pick we gave up since that pick will likely be late in the round.

All should be stoked, a 3rd overall pick for a 5th! :eek:

Dude will be used as an edge and an LB, it worked well for Von in Wade's defense, could be a dude we keep for some time if all works out, if not it cost us a 5th in an attempt to go for the gold this year!

I like it!!!
giphy.gif

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically gave up a 5th if he doesn't stay. If he doesn't stick, we should get a similar 3rd compensatory pick to the pick we gave up since that pick will likely be late in the round.

Dude will be used as an edge and an LB, it worked well for Von in Wade's defense, could be a dude we keep for some time if all works out, if not it cost us a 5th in an attempt to go for the gold this year!

I like it!!!
giphy.gif

Mark Barron wasn’t working out in his role at SS in Tampa before we got him either. Now he’s been pretty good in his role.

I’m not a Gator fan obviously but I do respect the defenses they’ve had the past few years. When Dante was there they were stout.

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phillips is fixing his defense problems. We didn't have a superbowl defense and Phillips is changing that. I think Fowler is going to experience a revived career and he will stay next year once he contracts McVay fever.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RamCub, Next time put this thread in the Rams News and Current Events thread. I am not going to close it because of all the good responses. Just make a mental note for next time. Thanks.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like it!!!
giphy.gif

It's worth a shot! I think Easly getting hurt, really hurt us! Maybe Fowler can fill the void!
Our D needs boost in this area! Like you said, he could be great and we've got great coaching to bring that out!

Who knows, if we do end up in the big show, our D needs to be firing on all cylinders! Could it be the Patsies? I hope so with a different ending this time! :whoo: :pop2:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's worth a shot! I think Easly getting hurt, really hurt us! Maybe Fowler can fill the void!
Our D needs boost in this area! Like you said, he could be great and we've got great coaching to bring that out!

Who knows, if we do end up in the big show, our D needs to be firing on all cylinders! Could it be the Patsies? I hope so with a different ending this time! :whoo: :pop2:
The Patsies...:lol:

Haven't heard that one in a while Zeke. :thumb:

After watching An NFL life, with Eric Dickerson that Retro posted on the Current Events Thread, I forgot just how close we came to our first encounter with the Patsies in the Super Bowl. Like Roger Craig said, the '85 Bears got them both!

And like you, I couldn't think of a better opponent should we reach and kick ass in the Super Bowl this year, especially after the way the World Series played out this year. :sigh:

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patsies...:lol:

Haven't heard that one in a while Zeke. :thumb:

After watching An NFL life, with Eric Dickerson that Retro posted on the Current Events Thread, I forgot just how close we came to our first encounter with the Patsies in the Super Bowl. Like Roger Craig said, the '85 Bears got them both!

And like you, I couldn't think of a better opponent should we reach and kick ass in the Super Bowl this year, especially after the way the World Series played out this year. :sigh:

I don't know about you, but my heart still bleeds after that 2002 SB 34 loss! Would be sweet to face them again (with Brady) and soundly defeat them! :tea:

Yah, I know......It's just a pipe dream! :rain: :pop2:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about you, but my heart still bleeds after that 2002 SB 34 loss!
I have a lot of very good Pats friends, and they all know how I feel, don't exactly agree with me, but they all know how I feel regarding the all the BS that led up to that last minute FG to ice it...

That first half vs our second half performance tells the story in my mind that we finally figured out what was going on, just a little too late to secure the win.

Them fuckers! :lol:

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a lot of very good Pats friends, and they all know how I feel, don't exactly agree with me, but they all know how I feel regarding the all the BS in that last minute FG to ice it...

That first half vs our second half performance tells the story in my mind that we finally figured out what was going on, just a little too late to secure the win.

Them fuckers! :lol:

:agree: My thoughts exactly!

Well, while I'm dreaming about redemption, I envision AD with 2 sacks, Suh with 2 sacks, Brockers with 2 sacks forcing Tom Brady into retirement:rip: after the SB!........ RAMS win 35-14! ...How's that??

Yah, I know .....it's just a pipe dream! :rain: :pop2: