• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Daniels to Center, Whitehair to Left Guard

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@patrickfinley
James Daniels is going to play center, #Bears coach Matt Nagy said. That puts Cody Whitehair at left guard

Speaking of positional switches...

Bradley Sowell will transition to TE and wear #85

Taquan Mizzell will transition to WR and wear #11

Probably the beginning of the end for Mizzell. The Sowell situation may be a tad more interesting. Seeing as he's made the team for a few years now and has been used as a blocking TE. Caught a TD last year vs LA.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@patrickfinley
James Daniels is going to play center, #Bears coach Matt Nagy said. That puts Cody Whitehair at left guard

Speaking of positional switches...

Bradley Sowell will transition to TE and wear #85

Taquan Mizzell will transition to WR and wear #11

Probably the beginning of the end for Mizzell. The Sowell situation may be a tad more interesting. Seeing as he's made the team for a few years now and has been used as a blocking TE. Caught a TD last year vs LA.
With the draft the Bears just out together, I agree with your Mzzell thought.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Mizzell makes the team, he and Nagy are buttfucking.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Mizzell makes the team, he and Nagy are buttfucking.
He may have some pictures... compromising situational type... :noidea:

I'm more excited to see what some of the undrafted Wide Outs do than Mizzell. I've seen his body of work and it looked a lot like my body; bald, fat, no teeth, old, ....

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news on the Daniels/Whitehair switch. Whitehair was always a natural guard thrust into the center spot as a rookie. Daniels was always a natural center thrust into the guard spot for fear of moving Whitehair mid-season and having too much of a disruption. If Kyle Long can stay healthy (massive if), this line is really, really solid.

The Sowell move is strange. Although it doesn't preclude him for serving as a backup tackle as well. I'm interested to see who sticks at the offensive line backups. Rashad Coward seems to be the only sure bet along with Sowell. Ted Larsen is just a guy. We've got Mustipher and Bars as UDFAs.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news on the Daniels/Whitehair switch. Whitehair was always a natural guard thrust into the center spot as a rookie. Daniels was always a natural center thrust into the guard spot for fear of moving Whitehair mid-season and having too much of a disruption. If Kyle Long can stay healthy (massive if), this line is really, really solid.

The Sowell move is strange. Although it doesn't preclude him for serving as a backup tackle as well. I'm interested to see who sticks at the offensive line backups. Rashad Coward seems to be the only sure bet along with Sowell. Ted Larsen is just a guy. We've got Mustipher and Bars as UDFAs.

Yeah, everyone here was surprised when after the draft Daniels started working at guard. Every Bears fan thought the team would make this switch immediately. Now, I look back and realize that they were just trying to ease Daniels into the league. Perhaps felt he was a bit raw to be thrown into the center position.

If the line stays healthy, I think it will take an even bigger step forward this year. Which is really saying something.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, everyone here was surprised when after the draft Daniels started working at guard. Every Bears fan thought the team would make this switch immediately. Now, I look back and realize that they were just trying to ease Daniels into the league. Perhaps felt he was a bit raw to be thrown into the center position.

If the line stays healthy, I think it will take an even bigger step forward this year. Which is really saying something.

Well, he certainly passed the test. He is a pro bowler in waiting.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sowell move is strange. Although it doesn't preclude him for serving as a backup tackle as well.

I think you answered your own concern. The Sowell transition to TE is brilliant on Nagy's part. It's almost like getting a free OL on plays where we're a yard or less from moving the chains. And think about those goal line situations with Nagy's creativity. I love this move.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you answered your own concern. The Sowell transition to TE is brilliant on Nagy's part. It's almost like getting a free OL on plays where we're a yard or less from moving the chains. And think about those goal line situations with Nagy's creativity. I love this move.

Well, they were already using him as an eligible receiver near the goal line to both block and occasionally leak out as a pass target. So, this really doesn't change much. If anything it simply takes away the element of surprise. Listed as a TE with a number in the 80's - it's not exactly going to surprise anyone when he runs a route into the end zone on a pass play.

Sowell seems like a good athlete and obviously can block better than most TE's. So, I am all for this as he was never going to crack the lineup as a tackle. However, the whole "razzle dazzle" element with him is gone.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sowell seems like a good athlete and obviously can block better than most TE's. So, I am all for this as he was never going to crack the lineup as a tackle. However, the whole "razzle dazzle" element with him is gone.

The razzle dazzle element is gone only if Nagy runs the same formation or something close to it. Besides, based on what you just said, that makes his move over to TE that much better because now the opposing D will have this on their minds. Even if he's just in there as a decoy, he's helping to accomplish the task at hand.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The razzle dazzle element is gone only if Nagy runs the same formation or something close to it. Besides, based on what you just said, that makes his move over to TE that much better because now the opposing D will have this on their minds. Even if he's just in there as a decoy, he's helping to accomplish the task at hand.

I mean, they're going to have Bradley Sowell on their minds anymore than any other blocking TE? "Oh no, BRADLEY SOWELL is in the game!" Lol. Sorry, but the thought of Bradley Sowell being such a weapon that we can deploy him as a decoy... or that he's someone a defense needs to game plan around in the red zone is rather silly.

Bradley Sowell is no longer a tackle eligible guy that we can leak into the back of the end zone without detection. He's now Brandon Manamaleuna or Logan Paulsen... for example.

He's now just another TE whose primary skill set is blocking, but is capable of catching a pass here and there. Every team has one of those. Sowell was athletic for an OT. Now he's just a good blocking TE with subpar athleticism. If he can find a regular role, awesome... good move.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't overdramatize rich just to try and make your point. I never suggested that making him a TE is a game changer, it just adds another wrinkle to the O, another focal point for the opposing D to contend with. Relax.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(rolls eyes)

The stupidity is strong in this thread.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't overdramatize rich just to try and make your point. I never suggested that making him a TE is a game changer, it just adds another wrinkle to the O, another focal point for the opposing D to contend with. Relax.

Sorry if that came off a certain way to you man. That's certainly not how I intended it. I was surprised to see this as a response, to be honest.

I really didn't mean it in an aggressive fashion. The joke I made wasn't an intention to mock :suds:

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry if that came off a certain way to you man. That's certainly not how I intended it. I was surprised to see this as a response, to be honest.

I really didn't mean it in an aggressive fashion. The joke I made wasn't an intention to mock :suds:
It's all good, buddy. Life's too short to take things too seriously, so it was obviously me misinterpreting what you said. We're all loyal and diehard Bears fans and I really enjoy the exchanges of opinions that take place in here.