• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Damon Severson (NJD 2nd Rd 2012): Who He Is, and Why You Should be Paying Attention

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'll be posting a more thorough write up in the near future, but here's a quick rundown.

6'2" 200 lbs Defenseman RIGHT HANDED SHOOTER

Massive improvement on the +/- front.

updatedseverson.png

Hockey's Future Writeup
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/damon_severson/

Here are some quotes from the ledger when the Devils drafted him last summer:

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2012/06/nhl_draft_2012_devils.html

In Saturday’s second round of the 2012 NHL entry draft held at the Consol Energy Center in Pittsburgh, the Devils used the 60th overall pick to select 17-year-old defenseman Damon Severson, who aspires to play like Weber.

“We had no choice but to take a defenseman because he was the best player there,” general manager Lou Lamoriello said. “Even though we felt that defense was something we didn’t have to address, we just had to take the best player. He was that far up on the list with our western scouts and cross-over scouts that it was a no-brainer for us.”

Severson, 6-2, 198 pounds, turns 18 in August. He scored 37 points (seven goals, 30 assists) for the Kelowna Rockets of the Western Hockey League last season and is viewed by the Devils as a future quarterback on the power play

Last edited by a moderator:

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
what league is this

He's in the WHL. I believe when I posted this he was tied for 3rd for Dman scoring in the WHL.

Note: The OHL, WHL, and QMJHL are the three different leagues in Canadian Juniors (CHL)

Here are some quotes from the ledger when the Devils drafted him last summer:

In Saturday’s second round of the 2012 NHL entry draft held at the Consol Energy Center in Pittsburgh, the Devils used the 60th overall pick to select 17-year-old defenseman Damon Severson, who aspires to play like Weber.

“We had no choice but to take a defenseman because he was the best player there,” general manager Lou Lamoriello said. “Even though we felt that defense was something we didn’t have to address, we just had to take the best player. He was that far up on the list with our western scouts and cross-over scouts that it was a no-brainer for us.”

Severson, 6-2, 198 pounds, turns 18 in August. He scored 37 points (seven goals, 30 assists) for the Kelowna Rockets of the Western Hockey League last season and is viewed by the Devils as a future quarterback on the power play.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Updated Severson's stats at the top, also posting below here:

Played four games since the last update, 4 more assists, +3. Continuing with his nice season. He's 3rd in WHL defensemen scoring, and I believe top 5 for defensemen +/-.

updatedseverson.png