• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Damn Registration Sticker

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I am about to go on a long drive for at least a month but am waiting for my Registration to come in, it expired aug 2013. I had to do a smog check, which I did 3 weeks ago, and then sent in the paperwork (had already paid the fee). Yet still no registration. Its is now September and I still do not have my sticker. I was pulled over and my car IS Registered. Yet I have not been able to leave for 2 days now. If it is not in the Mail tomorrow, I will be pissed!!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I am about to go on a long drive for at least a month but am waiting for my Registration to come in, it expired aug 2013. I had to do a smog check, which I did 3 weeks ago, and then sent in the paperwork (had already paid the fee). Yet still no registration. Its is now September and I still do not have my sticker. I was pulled over and my car IS Registered. Yet I have not been able to leave for 2 days now. If it is not in the Mail tomorrow, I will be pissed!!

Apparently they handle that differently in your state...in GA once you pass the emissions test and pay the tag/ad valareum tax you get the updated registration/sticker immediately.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
emissions test.???
who has those anymore.

come on out and drive around Oklahoma until it comes in. we don't have no stinking emissions tests or stickers anymore.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tx has inspection stickers then registration stickers. One comes in the mail, the other takes about 15 minutes at a shop.

Isn't there any receipt you can print to show you paid and are jsut waiting?

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tx has inspection stickers then registration stickers. One comes in the mail, the other takes about 15 minutes at a shop.

Isn't there any receipt you can print to show you paid and are jsut waiting?

I have the passed Smog Check paper and the thing that says it was mailed in, my car is also registered with California till 2014. But the sticker still says Aug 2013 on my car, so I will be pulled over a bunch of times just to show them the paper work until I get my 2014 sticker. Mail should should be here in the next 30 minutes, so we will see if I leave tonight.

Its noting major, just a hassle. Plus I guess the smog place also Emailed the results in, so I have no clue why I still do not have my sticker.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get those stickers. Why not just peel one off someone else's car and save yourself the trouble and expense?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I drove around with an expired tag in Cali for over a month when I bought my last car, never got pulled over. I had my information in the back window from when I bought the car, but it wasn't something that could be read. Never got hassled over it.

As a matter of fact, not only did I drive in Cali for a month, I then went and drove cross country to Tennessee and then drove around for another month here before I got my updated sticker. Then turned around a week later and had to get my car re-registered for Tennessee(they gave me my plate and sticker at the counter, they even put the sticker on).

Also, California registration: $125.
Tennessee: $26.

Fuck Cali DMV. Also, a few days before I got my Tennessee registration, California sent me mail saying they were going to suspend my registration for no insurance. I had west coast insurance, but when I moved they wanted me to switch companies because they didn't cover people past Arizona. So I did and never didn't have insurance, but California makes you fill out paperwork anytime you change insurance. Never did it, just changed it over anyway.

And while I'm ranting, fuck California window tint laws. Had to wait til I got to Tennessee to do that because California won't let the drivers side be less than 70%, which makes your car look stupid.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get those stickers. Why not just peel one off someone else's car and save yourself the trouble and expense?

I think it is what they use for the glue. The ones in Kansas only stick one time, peel one off and it is basically useless. Assuming you can get it off in one piece.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In Texas the registration and inspection stickers are both on the inside of the windshield. Did away with the stupid license plate stickers a long time ago.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
California was a cool place to be until the government Liberals went and ruined it. I would never live there My Sis moved out there from Texas and they live in wine country but as much as they enjoy the weather they miss Texas even with all the stinking Heat and humidity in Houston :)