• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

damn 1%ers

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Heard driving into work today a player was " " off the record of course. That fher is telling the players to hold off a little longer and he can get them a better deal. The player also said that the players at the top of the $$$$ want to hold out. the player is told to be a depth player. Which leads me to believe if they put any proposal to a vote they would take the owners offer easily.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've felt this way for awhile now. I think most players just want to play and it's mostly Fehr that is holding this thing up. He doesn't care about the sport, he's a union guy that only cares about the union. As long as he wins it doesn't matter what damage has been done.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's the player's own fault though. They knew exactly what they were getting with Fehr. He already significantly hurt baseball and the MLB players. The same thing was bound to happen to the NHL.

a 50/50 revenue split with no lockout is probably going to be more money to the players than a 55/45 split after missing a year. Fehr already turned down the best offer that he will ever get but will still brag about negotiating a 'better' deal by holding out.

The part I hate the most is that Fehr is already auditioning for his next job. He's going to be let go after the lockout and to him all that matters is showing an improved deal over consecutive offers.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've felt this way for awhile now. I think most players just want to play and it's mostly Fehr that is holding this thing up. He doesn't care about the sport, he's a union guy that only cares about the union. As long as he wins it doesn't matter what damage has been done.

I disagree...Fehr doesnt care about the union either...just his reputation as a hard bargainer...and thats it. It's all about Fehr

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree...Fehr doesnt care about the union either...just his reputation as a hard bargainer...and thats it. It's all about Fehr

I won't argue that either. Regardless, he doesn't care about hockey.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I would love to know what bob goodenow thinks of this lockout