• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dalvin cook vs miles sanders

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would you start this week??? .5 Ppr

I will tell you all I’m leaning Miles sanders. So I need a good sales pitch to talk me out of it.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would you start this week??? .5 Ppr

I will tell you all I’m leaning Miles sanders. So I need a good sales pitch to talk me out of it.
why? what makes you set on sanders, hes banged up, and howard will definitely be used this week as well, and boston scott has performed...there are definite question marks.

FWIW i think sanders is a good play. But they've held cook out, and word is hes fine, so i expect extremely heavy involvement from the highest producing RB in the league..in a must win game

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why? what makes you set on sanders, hes banged up, and howard will definitely be used this week as well, and boston scott has performed...there are definite question marks.

FWIW i think sanders is a good play. But they've held cook out, and word is hes fine, so i expect extremely heavy involvement from the highest producing RB in the league..in a must win game

but can’t you say similar on dalvin cook. I mean, he missed the last 2 games. Also I think the eagles are going to score more than the Vikings. And have a better chance of winning.
It’s also .5 Ppr. Cook hasn’t caught more than 3 balls in a long time. Sanders since earning the rb1 has caught an average of 6. Sure in .5 Ppr that is only 1.5 more points but that is just the starting point.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but can’t you say similar on dalvin cook. I mean, he missed the last 2 games. Also I think the eagles are going to score more than the Vikings. And have a better chance of winning.
It’s also .5 Ppr. Cook hasn’t caught more than 3 balls in a long time. Sanders since earning the rb1 has caught an average of 6. Sure in .5 Ppr that is only 1.5 more points but that is just the starting point.
hes missed 2 games, yeah, hes had plenty of time to heal up. I think he played lsat week if he absolutely had to. But they also came out and flat out said hes unleashed. Sanders practiced limited friday and came out and said hes not 100%.

Well yes, cook caught 3 balls in his last game.Your skewing things a bit, cook had 3 catches against the chargers when he went out, 2 catches the week before that, then 3 the prior week where he only had 12 touches....otherwise hes usually good for 5-7 targets in the passing game. I see the appeal with sanders, i really do. But i also think the reinjury risk is much higher, and i think that the success boston scott has had may make them think twice about running a hobbled back into the ground. Also, a healthier howard. Theres alot of question marks there. Im not questioning dalvin cook at all.....risk-reward i guess

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what it is worth I would start Dalvin if he is playing over Sanders. Just think he is the better player and should be the workhorse. I rode Sanders late to the title in two leagues but he seems to be even more banged up than Cook.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta say, Dalvin was 50/50 from what I was reading going into the GB game and prolly could have played last week if they needed him to. They didn't so he didn't. Sanders has the better match up but the most competition IMO. Dalvin is the play IMO.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be playing DK this week since season long is over and Sanders scares the hell out of me. I could see him fading into the background and/or exiting with the injury again.

His response was "Of course, I'm playing. It's the playoffs."

So, yeah... he'll be out there. But it doesn't sound like he would be healthy enough to play if it was a regular season game. With two other formidable options in the backfield. That should scare you a bit.

Cook didn't play last week but no core pieces for Minnesota did. He's had a while now to heal up. IMO, they'll run him into the ground because that's what they do. It's a tough matchup but he's guaranteed volume. Which automatically makes him a safer play than Sanders.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dalvin Cook could have played week 16.

The Vikings correctly realized that in order to win the division and improve their playoff seeding, they needed to beat the Packers week 16 AND somehow hope that the Lions beat them in week 17.

That was always extremely unlikely.

So they opted to rest him and get him ready for a postseason run instead of continuing to suit him up at less than 100%.

He has been playing hurt since about week 11 or 12. He is as healthy now as he has been since early in the season and will he used accordingly. He is the number 1 RB play this week. Don’t overthink this.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta say, Dalvin was 50/50 from what I was reading going into the GB game and prolly could have played last week if they needed him to. They didn't so he didn't. Sanders has the better match up but the most competition IMO. Dalvin is the play IMO.

Cook 100% could have played against GB.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of questions around Sanders. Ankle injury and Howard is back. But Sanders is the #1 offensive player on the Eagles and the Seahawks defense sucks.

Do you think the Saints will go up 20 by halftime? The Vikings know where their bread is buttered offensively. There path to winning includes Cook going for 150.

Tough call.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of questions around Sanders. Ankle injury and Howard is back. But Sanders is the #1 offensive player on the Eagles and the Seahawks defense sucks.

Do you think the Saints will go up 20 by halftime? The Vikings know where their bread is buttered offensively. There path to winning includes Cook going for 150.

Tough call.
#1 offensive player or not, your not #1 if your're hurt and cant perform.......or are limited...

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1 offensive player or not, your not #1 if your're hurt and cant perform.......or are limited...
Yeah, my guess is you will see a 3 headed monster where Sanders gets as much early stuff as he can handle and Howard gets the rest and Scott will be the COP unless Sanders can't go anymore, then Scott gets his work. Or, I could be completely full of shit and Scott or Howard get the bulk. That's why I say Cook.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope you played Cook!

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never doubt me!

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope you played Cook!

was just gonna play this, i dont think he did

I did come to my senses, and start Cook...

Now onto this weeks big question:

Pick 3 RBs of Damian Williams, Dalvin cook, Derrick Henry or Rasheem Mostert

You would say it is easily Mostert to be the sit, but he is most likely to get multiple TDs IMO... But the yards wont be there...

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did come to my senses, and start Cook...

Now onto this weeks big question:

Pick 3 RBs of Damian Williams, Dalvin cook, Derrick Henry or Rasheem Mostert

You would say it is easily Mostert to be the sit, but he is most likely to get multiple TDs IMO... But the yards wont be there...
Cook, and Henry u lock in imho too much volume not to.

the other two r a toss up imho. I dunno you are right in most wet and the touchdowns . But I personally believe a healthy dam Williams is the guy. Like we saw in week 17 12 caries 7 targets, 5 catches. He's gonna be invoked in the passing game too, I'm playing dam.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cook, and Henry u lock in imho too much volume not to.

the other two r a toss up imho. I dunno you are right in most wet and the touchdowns . But I personally believe a healthy dam Williams is the guy. Like we saw in week 17 12 caries 7 targets, 5 catches. He's gonna be invoked in the passing game too, I'm playing dam.

Williams facing easily the worst defense of the 4. And Mostert has the same committee concerns, although in a run first system.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams facing easily the worst defense of the 4. And Mostert has the same committee concerns, although in a run first system.
Yeah I'm with u cook, Williams, henry