• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dalton to Dallas

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One year $7 million. Major upgrade at QB2

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The irony is almost too much to take...:pound:

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Insurance policy?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe this either gets Dak's ass into "virtual" camp or maybe this is a sign that they expect him to hold out. If the latter this is a fantastic move. You just can't let a player hold all the cards or end your season if he thinks $175M for 5 years is unfair to him for God knows what reason and doesn't show up. If they really think Dak will sign soon, I'm a little confused.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Adam Schefter is reporting that the Cowboys have signed Andy Dalton to a one year contract. For 7 million, 3 million guaranteed."

This makes a lot more sense now. $3M guaranteed. For $3M it's fantastic when Rush was going to make $2.1M. $900K for a huge upgrade. $7M was a little bit of a head scratcher to me. And now the kid can be a #3 if he shows promise and take over as #2 next year hopefully

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love it. He's just good enough to apply pressure and be dependable in a worst case scenario but not so good that people will be calling for him to take over the first time Dak has a bad pass.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 mill for Dalton. Hard not to like this deal even he just carries the clipboard all year. Insurance policy and will be a great asset in the Qb room as well .
We just went from the worst backup in the league to one of the top 2-3, possibly the best. Huge pickup

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andy Dalton is returning home.

Released by the Cincinnati Bengals on Thursday, Dalton agreed to a one-year deal with the Dallas Cowboys on Saturday, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter. The quarterback's deal has a base value of $3 million and could be worth up to $7 million, the source said.

Before being selected by the Bengals in the second round of the 2011 NFL draft, Dalton played at TCU in Fort Worth, Texas. He lives in Dallas, which means he will not have to move his family during an offseason that has been made uncertain due to the coronavirus pandemic.

3M if he doesn't play and up to 7M if he does.

I have no problem with this and extremely happy it wasn't Cam

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe this either gets Dak's ass into "virtual" camp or maybe this is a sign that they expect him to hold out. If the latter this is a fantastic move. You just can't let a player hold all the cards or end your season if he thinks $175M for 5 years is unfair to him for God knows what reason and doesn't show up. If they really think Dak will sign soon, I'm a little confused.
Maybe it means Jerry's gonna play hard ball with Dak.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it means Jerry's gonna play hard ball with Dak.

He sure can if he wants to...Dalton has been a solid starter with less talent around him

Dak is still our guy. I wouldn't frame it as play hardball with him per se`. I'd frame it as not having to bend over and give him whatever he wants like some people seem to be saying the team should. It's nuts how you read people actually act like the team should just give Dak whatever he wants and like they are the only ones at fault. This is insurance in case Dak refuses to show up early enough to learn the new Offense in time for games or refuses to show up at all, or if he gets hurt. I think we all hope that none of those things will be the case, but it just got a little less worse if one ends up happening.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak is still our guy. I wouldn't frame it as play hardball with him per se`. I'd frame it as not having to bend over and give him whatever he wants like some people seem to be saying the team should. It's nuts how you read people actually act like the team should just give Dak whatever he wants and like they are the only ones at fault. This is insurance in case Dak refuses to show up early enough to learn the new Offense in time for games or refuses to show up at all, or if he gets hurt. I think we all hope that none of those things will be the case, but it just got a little less worse if one ends up happening.

LOL...okay, I'll bite on this one. Exactly who has said the bold part?

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

By hardball I mean "Don't give in" as Jerry is know to do.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By hardball I mean "Don't give in" as Jerry is know to do.
if what's reported which is the money is agreed to but the term is the hold up, Dallas wants 5 years and Dak wants 4.
Now considering Dak wants to bet on himself again and the guaranteed money will be less on a 4 year deal. Yes I think it's stupid of Jerry to hold firm on 5 years and I can only assume that is why the above post was written.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if what's reported which is the money is agreed to but the term is the hold up, Dallas wants 5 years and Dak wants 4.
Now considering Dak wants to bet on himself again and the guaranteed money will be less on a 4 year deal. Yes I think it's stupid of Jerry to hold firm on 5 years and I can only assume that is why the above post was written.
Yes by reports its all about 4 vs. 5 years, I'm hoping Jerry stick to the 5 as it helps spread the signing bonus around. I the do give him his 4 year deal they need to drop the reported 35M down a few and keep the signing bonus lower too.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes by reports its all about 4 vs. 5 years, I'm hoping Jerry stick to the 5 as it helps spread the signing bonus around. I the do give him his 4 year deal they need to drop the reported 35M down a few and keep the signing bonus lower too.
so, draw the line in the sand with your franchise QB over a year while you gave in to all the other players.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I think the years is something Dak is gonna have to get past if he wants to stay here long term, I really do. It's a big deal. The Cowboys don't mind doing those huge QB deals, but they like to extend them every few years and use them as ways to create cap space while keeping the QB from hitting the open market again. And after seeing the hard line Dak has taken this time around, I'm sure they realize he will be wanting $45-50 million in 4 years if he is an UFA and will take it to the franchise tag again.
I think the Cowboys absolutely love Dak to death and want him as their QB for the next 10 years, but I think signing Dalton is their way of saying sign the five year deal by the time the season starts or we'll roll with Dalton and the two #1's we will get from whoever we trade you to