• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Dallas @ Seattle - 1:25 PST

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's a little early, but fuck it.

I REALLY hope Ken Norton pulls his head out of his ass this game, otherwise I'm going to be taking blood pressure medication 3 hours after the game starts, again. Wilson will probably throw all over Dallas as their defense sucks and nobody can match up with Lockett/Metcalf.

Only thing that will lose us this game is Ken's bullshit rush 3 prevent defense once we have the lead...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's a little early, but fuck it.

I REALLY hope Ken Norton pulls his head out of his ass this game, otherwise I'm going to be taking blood pressure medication 3 hours after the game starts, again. Wilson will probably throw all over Dallas as their defense sucks and nobody can match up with Lockett/Metcalf.

Only thing that will lose us this game is Ken's bullshit rush 3 prevent defense once we have the lead...

You really think that the only problem with our defense is Ken Norton? How bout the problem that we have zero pass rush without blitzing?

You can't blitz everytime. And when you can't get pressure with 4 sometimes it makes sense to rush 3 and have an extra defender in your zone coverage.

What we need is to get some actual pressure on the QB. We are facing another mobile QB that will likely force us into zone a lot. That makes blitzing more difficult.

We lost our best pass rusher so we better hope that Alton Robinson is a true diamond in the rough.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really think that the only problem with our defense is Ken Norton? How bout the problem that we have zero pass rush without blitzing?

You can't blitz everytime. And when you can't get pressure with 4 sometimes it makes sense to rush 3 and have an extra defender in your zone coverage.

What we need is to get some actual pressure on the QB. We are facing another mobile QB that will likely force us into zone a lot. That makes blitzing more difficult.

We lost our best pass rusher so we better hope that Alton Robinson is a true diamond in the rough.

He blitzed ONCE after we had a two score lead against Newton... and guess what? It WORKED as the pass was nowhere near the receiver.

As I said to you earlier this week (don't think you responded), I get we can't blitz every down and mobile QBs make blitzing tough if you miss, but we have to dial up a couple packages other than a passive rush 4 (OR THREE when you have the opposing QB within their own 10 yard line WTF) and DROP everyone. It's not even about blitzing, when you drop both safeties in a deep cover and play every corner off the line... it's pretty easy for teams to move down the field. Yah it takes time off the clock, but Seattle goes SUPER passive once they have the lead. Cam completed a deep pass that was basically impossible to defend and Norton/Carroll went full, "OMGOMFOMFOFMOFMFFFFF DROP EVERYONE" derp.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He blitzed ONCE after we had a two score lead against Newton... and guess what? It WORKED as the pass was nowhere near the receiver.

As I said to you earlier this week (don't think you responded), I get we can't blitz every down and mobile QBs make blitzing tough if you miss, but we have to dial up a couple packages other than a passive rush 4 (OR THREE when you have the opposing QB within their own 10 yard line WTF) and DROP everyone. It's not even about blitzing, when you drop both safeties in a deep cover and play every corner off the line... it's pretty easy for teams to move down the field. Yah it takes time off the clock, but Seattle goes SUPER passive once they have the lead. Cam completed a deep pass that was basically impossible to defend and Norton/Carroll went full, "OMGOMFOMFOFMOFMFFFFF DROP EVERYONE" derp.

I agree that it is frustrating that they move to umbrella coverages late in the game. But that is on PC as we have ALWAYS done that during the PC era.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be a stiff early season test for our run defense, which I thought was a bright spot in the last game that maybe got a bit under-recognized. Of course I would like to see more QB pressure, but we cannot afford to have them control the game with Elliott. The weather forecast may help our pass D a little bit, but that works both ways.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak 400 passing over/under- (Dallas losses but Dak is talked about MVP after the game)

Shaggy

Administrator
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do you think Seattle will easily win over Dallas? They way Dallas was playing in the first quarter last game, I would say yes, but.. The really winning factor here is that Wilson is playing lights out and I don't see him stopping anytime soon.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do you think Seattle will easily win over Dallas? They way Dallas was playing in the first quarter last game, I would say yes, but.. The really winning factor here is that Wilson is playing lights out and I don't see him stopping anytime soon.
Easy wins are awfully hard to come by in the NFL. Football blowouts are for Saturdays.

The team is taking on a new shape. Instead of grinding opponents for the first 2.5-3 quarters to keep the game close, then grab a late lead and trust the D to hold it, we are being much more aggressive early in games and hopefully just putting up more points with RW "cooking" than what we think the other guys can score. Whereas a few years ago the definition of a successful series for the D was a punt from the far side of the 50, nowadays it's pretty much hoping they only give up 3.

So I am not expecting "easy" but I do feel like RW should be able to control this game and just be too good to lose.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't expect a "easy" game at all. I actually expect another "heart attack" game. Think the Cowboys have under performed thus far and the coaching staff is going to want to change that ASAP and the Cowboys will be fired up IMO. Obviously the problem with the pass rush needs to corrected if possible. Blitzing can bite you in the ass, as it leaves the secondary on a island. Need to just mix it up and leave the opposition guessing.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be a stiff early season test for our run defense, which I thought was a bright spot in the last game that maybe got a bit under-recognized. Of course I would like to see more QB pressure, but we cannot afford to have them control the game with Elliott. The weather forecast may help our pass D a little bit, but that works both ways.

Our run defense is going to be amazing this year because Wilson is throwing all over everyone and defenses don't stand a chance which means their offense has to pass...

I expect the same with Dallas because their secondary sucks and Wilson just abused the fuck out of a very good secondary. Wilson MVP!

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't expect a "easy" game at all. I actually expect another "heart attack" game. Think the Cowboys have under performed thus far and the coaching staff is going to want to change that ASAP and the Cowboys will be fired up IMO. Obviously the problem with the pass rush needs to corrected if possible. Blitzing can bite you in the ass, as it leaves the secondary on a island. Need to just mix it up and leave the opposition guessing.

Yah... I'm sure I'll hit 190 in a few nights. I get you can't blitz every down, but rushing 3 and not keeping Jamal Adams in the box is a recipe for disaster...

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tell ya hwut Seattle should win this on paper but I know they ain't winning by much if they do. Gonna throw some $ down on Dallas to cover.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas 34 - Sea 31
You really think the score will be that low? I wouldnt be suprised if we see a game that has the same score as the Chiefs Rams game from the other year

Shaggy

Administrator
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our run defense is going to be amazing this year because Wilson is throwing all over everyone and defenses don't stand a chance which means their offense has to pass...

I expect the same with Dallas because their secondary sucks and Wilson just abused the fuck out of a very good secondary. Wilson MVP!
So true. Defenses have to play the pass more then the run and that will hurt any team playing against them as Carson isn't a slouch either. I'm honestly glad the Cards aren't play then until what, the 5th week? Gives the Cards a little more time to working on the defensive kinks if any.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seattles defense has been blitzing on over 40% of their calls so yeah they did blitz more than once with the lead. lol. No team in the NFL right now Blitzes more than the Seahawks which shocked me when i heard them say that on NFL Network. kind of shows you how EXTREMELY bad they are even when blitzing so much.