• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dallas Mavericks what they should do

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,201.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeAndre Jordan opted out of his deal with the Clippers......he's going to sign with the Mavs.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather see them give the money to Cousins or Randie and just keep rebuilding young
Except Cousins won't be ready to play win the season starts - Wouldn't rather wait and see if he recovers first?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except Cousins won't be ready to play win the season starts - Wouldn't rather wait and see if he recovers first?

Teams don't have that luxury. He is a free agent right now. Well, tomorrow.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,201.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams don't have that luxury. He is a free agent right now. Well, tomorrow.

BOOM.

I can see him getting a shorter deal from a team that is worried/concerned about it, say a 2 year deal instead of a 3-4 year deal.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BOOM.

I can see him getting a shorter deal from a team that is worried/concerned about it, say a 2 year deal instead of a 3-4 year deal.

Possible.

I can also see a more desperate team offering him long term just to lock him up. And Cousins might want to bet on himself, but it would be a huge risk for him.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,201.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possible.

I can also see a more desperate team offering him long term just to lock him up. And Cousins might want to bet on himself, but it would be a huge risk for him.

Yeah. And I don't see him wanting to go to a team that has a shot to win. I think he's all about himself.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Mavs are going after DeAndre Jordan now. Fuck that guy.

Which tells you all you need about Cuban. I'd rather have Capela than someone that embarrassed us. This just means we're throwing away our dignity.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeAndre Jordan signs a 1 year deal with the Mavs. Already planning a next move?

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which tells you all you need about Cuban. I'd rather have Capela than someone that embarrassed us. This just means we're throwing away our dignity.

Is Capela leaving Houston? I thought they were keeping that team together since they aren’t on LeBrons radar

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeAndre Jordan signs a 1 year deal with the Mavs. Already planning a next move?

I don't get signing Jordan to a one year. Why not use the money to offer Capela a max deal, or sign Randle to play PF and Len to play the 5 and continue to build a talented young team?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get signing Jordan to a one year. Why not use the money to offer Capela a max deal, or sign Randle to play PF and Len to play the 5 and continue to build a talented young team?

Because they are restricted FAs.

If their teams decide to match (Houston would have, LA might have), then Dallas is out of luck. Also, they would have to watch on the sidelines as players like DJ and Cousins sign elsewhere because their money is tied up in offer sheets.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because they are restricted FAs.

If their teams decide to match (Houston would have, LA might have), then Dallas is out of luck. Also, they would have to watch on the sidelines as players like DJ and Cousins sign elsewhere because their money is tied up in offer sheets.
I know they are restricted, doesn't matter. The Mavs could have offered $15 million per to Randle and the Lakers would not have matched. They would have still been able to offer $11-12 to Len, which wouldn't have been matched. One year for Jordan may work fine for Dallas though, with Jordan coming off and Dirk retiring, they'll have a ton of cap space next year too

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know they are restricted, doesn't matter. Houston just gave Paul $40 million per, I doubt they'd match a Max offer on Capela. The Mavs could have offered $15 million per to Randle and the Lakers would not have matched. They would have still been able to offer $11-12 to Len, which wouldn't have been matched. One year for Jordan may work fine for Dallas though, with Jordan coming off and Dirk retiring, they'll have a ton of cap space next year too

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know they are restricted, doesn't matter. The Mavs could have offered $15 million per to Randle and the Lakers would not have matched. They would have still been able to offer $11-12 to Len, which wouldn't have been matched. One year for Jordan may work fine for Dallas though, with Jordan coming off and Dirk retiring, they'll have a ton of cap space next year too

Actually, the way things are currently looking the Lakers probably would match $15 million. And the Mavs get nobody.

And Alex Len sucks. Doesn't fit the modern game.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, the way things are currently looking the Lakers probably would match $15 million. And the Mavs get nobody.

And Alex Len sucks. Doesn't fit the modern game.
Len is what, 25, averaged 9 and 8 and was miscast. Dallas has one of the best HC's in the game, I'd take my chances. I doubt the Lakers would have matched on Randle

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Len is what, 25, averaged 9 and 8 and was miscast. Dallas has one of the best HC's in the game, I'd take my chances. I doubt the Lakers would have matched on Randle

Len wasn't miscast.

Big men who can't guard pick and roll or defend in space are unplayable today unless they can score enough on the other end to make up for the defensive liability. Len is solid offensively, but not good enough.

Lakers may or may not have matched Randle. It would have been a risk though. I am not saying Dallas made the right move by signing DJ, just answering why they choose him over an attempt at Randle.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Len wasn't miscast.

Big men who can't guard pick and roll or defend in space are unplayable today unless they can score enough on the other end to make up for the defensive liability. Len is solid offensively, but not good enough.

Lakers may or may not have matched Randle. It would have been a risk though. I am not saying Dallas made the right move by signing DJ, just answering why they choose him over an attempt at Randle.
Jordan is still a heck of a player, but this Mavs team would still be lucky to win 40 games, which is why I was more for the Randle/Len angle. In truth, Len would have just been an affordable starting center, getting Randle was the key. Pairing him with DSJ, Doncic and Barnes would have given them a nice young core for the next 4-5 years

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan is still a heck of a player, but this Mavs team would still be lucky to win 40 games, which is why I was more for the Randle/Len angle. In truth, Len would have just been an affordable starting center, getting Randle was the key. Pairing him with DSJ, Doncic and Barnes would have given them a nice young core for the next 4-5 years

I agree they aren't going anywhere anytime soon. Randle would have been a good addition, just not sure you would really want him at the cost it would take to get the Lakers not to match. Mavs are much better off signing a guy like DJ on a 1 year deal, allowing Doncic and DSJ to learn the NBA game, then use that cap space to get a real difference maker in a year or two.