• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dajuan Coleman needs surgery, will miss rest of season

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Syracuse sophomore center Dajuan Coleman needs surgery to repair a leg injury and will miss the rest of the Orange season.

This is the second year for Coleman to sustain a season ending injury. Coleman can't redshirt cause he's played too many games. A season lost. Lame.

This hurts the team more than most know. His five fouls and wide body did more than many gave him credit for. He'll be missed on the baseline.

Link: Syracuse center Dajuan Coleman needs surgery, will miss rest of season | syracuse.com

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a big loss as far as I am concern, yes, he adds depth, but his performance thus far in two season hasn't impressed. This means someone will have to step up and I am sure that body will. Go 'Cuse!

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the guy. But he needs to get in better shape so his body can withstand the punishment. That's on him.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Troy Nunes is a Magician

The issue becomes when there's back-to-back games, like their would be in Greensboro, NC during the Atlantic Coast Conference Tournament. Also, there's concern when Grant, Christmas and Keita get into foul trouble how will things play out?

The obvious answer is to give freshman forward Tyler Roberson more minutes, but a few really bad things happen if that becomes an option:

1) Roberson maybe tossed into a situation he is not ready for (remember Boeheim's hesitation to play him against Miami's zone defense earlier in the season?); and

2) the Orange's 2-3 zone defense suffers. The latter is the biggest issue of them all because defense will be the difference on whether or not SU makes another deep run into the NCAA Tournament.

The overall conclusion, which was the main point during a TNIAAM roundtable a week ago, is there's less room for error for the Orange with Coleman out. Syracuse players will need to be play smarter on defense to avoid foul trouble and slow starts to game become tougher to overcome because there will be less rest for some players during the game.

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jonvi, I agree totally on the getting in shape comment. DC just didn't impress me for some reason, just an opinion based on the 12 games I saw him play. It seemed like he was just taking up space until Grant came into the game. Tyler Roberson now has to step up. You've been around Syracuse basketball long enough to know Jimmy B will coach to his teams strengths. He's not a hall of famer for nothing. We've had many issues where players have been either injured or suspended and we have played pretty well. All we have to do is get seeded in the east. That means we won't leave the state of NY until the final four in Dallas. I like our chances if that happens. Go 'Cuse!