• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

D2

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a big fan of that idea.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think for draft purposes only, the non playoff teams should use the reverse tie break(team that is ahead in the tie break should have the EARLIER pick) Never understood why we penalize teams for winning the tie break...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking for draft order we could do reverse order of total points we could include bench points to stop tanking if its an issue

If we decide on total points over H2H then yes bench points should be included.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just so I'm clear...
Are we talking about if teams have identical records, we would go by points to determine draft order (tiebreaker)?
If so, then I think bench points would deter tanking.

Otherwise, I'm sure whatever you guys come up with would be fine.
I think we have a good group in D2.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I really don't see the point in punishing a team twice. If you are tanking you should be gone. Clear tanking like A Brown on the bench for N Agholor type of thing. Otherwise owners should be allowed to play who they think gives them the best chance each week. Taking a loss during the season is bad enough. Then nailing them for it during the draft order seems harsh.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't see the point in punishing a team twice. If you are tanking you should be gone. Clear tanking like A Brown on the bench for N Agholor type of thing. Otherwise owners should be allowed to play who they think gives them the best chance each week. Taking a loss during the season is bad enough. Then nailing them for it during the draft order seems harsh.

Let's say that Philly is at home against Cleveland and Pittsburgh is playing at Denver and Big Ben is hobbled. There are a few of us that could look at this and say Agholor is going to outscore Brown this week. But if you are playing Agholor over Brown every week, then it really looks like you are tanking.

We have to look at each one, we can't just go he is tanking and then punish him. It is like a bad trade, the one doing it might have legitimate reasons for doing it that others don't always see at first. Everyone of us has started players that where not the higher projected guy because we were seeing something most others didn't. Right or wrong that has to be allowed including the occasional major difference between Agholor and Brown. Tanking to me is leaving Brown on your bench every day.

Basically I do think we need something in the rules to discourage it and it has already been shown that if it can be proven it you will be evicted from the league.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure we are talking the same subject. Seems to me if your basing the draft order on points scored, then it should include the entire roster. You disagree?

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I disagree. We don't get credit for our entire rosters scores each week. So why use bench scoring to edit draft order? That's like saying you don't know how to run your roster and now we will punish you for it. It's not like we are playing best ball.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I disagree. We don't get credit for our entire rosters scores each week. So why use bench scoring to edit draft order? That's like saying you don't know how to run your roster and now we will punish you for it. It's not like we are playing best ball.
We don't always start the opium line up. We are are trying to give the team with the worse overall roster the best pick in the draft, that may or may not be reflected by starting line ups by the teams in question. over all points seems a more indicative of roster strength and at the same time remove the question of who is starting in the lineup for positioning for a better draft pick, it's a no brainier IMO.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 438.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been reading these. I haven't really commented because I don't feel the need to. I will vote if called upon, but I have liked the comments that I like. Just didn't want you guys to think I was ignoring it or not participating.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have 3 things that I think need to be addressed this off season. I will post them here and everyone is as always welcome to state their opinions. If we need a poll for any of them it will be done right after our draft.

1. We need to welcome our new owner in @bksballer89. He took over Micro's team.

2. Tiebreakers. First off I am going to propose that we add H2H as the first tiebreaker, I don't think it ever came up last year. Second off is Inactives, it is the fourth or fifth thing on the tiebreaker list and most likely will never come into play, but it was also the most talked about area of the league last year. We need to decide what is and what is not an inactive as far as this league goes. Last year I used Fantrax's scoring and at the top of it it would tell you how many players each team used. If you had less then 10 in that you got charged. This led to some discussions in which I was in agreement with the person gripping. But because I had been doing it one way and did not want to change midstream, I continued to do it the same way. I would like to get something in the rules to clarify what is and what is not an inactive. I think we can all agree that someone on the IR, an empty slot, or someone on a bye is an inactive. But after that it is up in the air about someone being out for the week or someone being benched and not playing, but on the active roster.

3 Tanking/Draft order First off no matter what is discussed in this issue or decided the draft order for this year is set and not changing. In D1 we had an owner tanking and it is in the rules as being forbidden. In our league a couple of people asked me about the same person and was he tanking in D2. In D2 there is nothing in the rules about tanking and I believe most if not all of us are against the practice, so we need to discuss adding something to our rules against it. One of the things I thought about and wanted to throw out there to the league was doing a first round lottery like the NBA or NHL does where the ten teams that missed the playoffs all get weighted shots at the top 2 draft picks, to discourage tanking in the future.

On number 3 It doesn't look like we need to do anything, except add to the rules Tanking is reason for expulsion.

On number 2, I haven't seen anybody really say anything on the inactive.

Also if I am missing something y'all think needs to be discussed let us know.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On these I will not put a poll up if I feel that the vast majority is looking to keep the rules the same. If anyone thinks I am wrong feel free to call me out and ask for a vote.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice doing business with you @bksballer89 . :suds:

I traded Tannehill and a first round pick for Dak Prescott.
Nice deal Harold, that line is mostly under contract for a few more seasons, Zeke just getting started, and Dez ain't too old yet for a WR yet. Give the kid a full offseason to prep as the starter and design things around him from the get go? Could be magic

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice deal Harold, that line is mostly under contract for a few more seasons, Zeke just getting started, and Dez ain't too old yet for a WR yet. Give the kid a full offseason to prep as the starter and design things around him from the get go? Could be magic

Think it was a good trade for both parties. I really wanted a QB upgrade and Prescott fits the bill and BK still has Luck so he can use that extra pick for a position of need.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm open to trades. Blount, Brees, Riddick, McKinnon, Ertz, and Martellus are all available. *

* = everybody else is also available too but they either aren't worth much or I doubt I'll get what I want in order to move them (AB, Sammy, Jeffery).

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm open to trades. Blount, Brees, Riddick, McKinnon, Ertz, and Martellus are all available. *

* = everybody else is also available too but they either aren't worth much or I doubt I'll get what I want in order to move them (AB, Sammy, Jeffery).
Would have like to acquire Blount, but think I just used my only worthy trade chip I could spare, if you see any thing you know I'm always open for business.:nod: