• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

D2

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I could brag about my 4 second-round picks - 2 WR and 2 RB ranked in the top 12 rookie dynasty rankings. Don't feel I reached at all. Unlike our NFL GM counterparts, all 4 were more-or-less, "best available" at the time I picked. But hey, they're just rookies. No guarantees. Lots to prove.

If aging veterans AJ Green and TY Hilton continue to digress, at least I have their supposed heirs in Higgins and Pittman. It was kind of nice that the whole "handcuff" thing just coincidentally fell into place as well. Ironically, a day after these two WR selections, both popped up on Rotoworld, essentially saying both were already penciled in as week 1 starters. That was reassuring to read.

Picking up Ito Smith at the top of the 5th... was surprised he was there some 50 picks in. Sure I get the apprehension. Two concussions last year make him a risk. But Atlanta really didn't address the RB position other than signing Todd Gurley. (And releasing Freeman.) Gurley himself has his own injury concerns. So why not Ito?

Honestly, my biggest concern will be cut day. If you look at my roster, it would probably be very easy to figure who the top 3 consensus "cuts" should be. Maybe 4. Deciding on that definitive 4th and 5th player will be difficult.
Ito was the only guy I was considering with my 5th round pick.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ito was the only guy I was considering with my 5th round pick.
Actually, Ito was 1 of 4 veterans I had targeted.
But I won't comment on the other 3 until the draft is over.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, Ito was 1 of 4 veterans I had targeted.
But I won't comment on the other 3 until the draft is over.

Almost took him a few times. The Gurley cuff didn't entice me enough here, as Ito is more the change of pace guy... (good pick)

I went with the little, very little, new New Englander. Kevin Faulk, James White 3.0?... doubt it.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost took him a few times. The Gurley cuff didn't entice me enough here, as Ito is more the change of pace guy... (good pick)
With more and more teams adopting the RBBC approach to the tune of maybe even 3 or 4 backs, I figured it was a low risk to get (what should be) a 3rd-down RB in a PPR league. Especially since my lead RB are nothing to rave about (yet).

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious to see the market for David Montgomery. Almost sent a couple offers, but thought I'd give a shout out first.

When I traded for him earlier this off season, I had a different team and plan, so to speak.

I'd be interested in either a WR1 or some combo package of RB/WR. My side pieces would be Boykin and/or maybe Brate.
I would be interested.
But i already have Robinson & Miller. Really dont want another Bear. I have Singeltary to dangle.
I dont think id be able to tie a nice package together but maybe you could?
Not that i would accept.... :L

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be interested.
But i already have Robinson & Miller. Really dont want another Bear. I have Singeltary to dangle.
I dont think id be able to tie a nice package together but maybe you could?
Not that i would accept.... :L

Gotta say. I like most players on your team. I just had way too many patterns.

Best if you shoot first... but I'll check.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I could brag about my 4 second-round picks - 2 WR and 2 RB ranked in the top 12 rookie dynasty rankings. Don't feel I reached at all. Unlike our NFL GM counterparts, all 4 were more-or-less, "best available" at the time I picked. But hey, they're just rookies. No guarantees. Lots to prove.

If aging veterans AJ Green and TY Hilton continue to digress, at least I have their supposed heirs in Higgins and Pittman. It was kind of nice that the whole "handcuff" thing just coincidentally fell into place as well. Ironically, a day after these two WR selections, both popped up on Rotoworld, essentially saying both were already penciled in as week 1 starters. That was reassuring to read.

Picking up Ito Smith at the top of the 5th... was surprised he was there some 50 picks in. Sure I get the apprehension. Two concussions last year make him a risk. But Atlanta really didn't address the RB position other than signing Todd Gurley. (And releasing Freeman.) Gurley himself has his own injury concerns. So why not Ito?

Honestly, my biggest concern will be cut day. If you look at my roster, it would probably be very easy to figure who the top 3 consensus "cuts" should be. Maybe 4. Deciding on that definitive 4th and 5th player will be difficult.

Joe,

what the hell are you doing man?

4 rookies in 1 round?

You must have had an aneurysm. Hope you are okay!

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be a mobile issue. It's been pretty spotty for me the past week.

I'm on laptop, and having issues pulling up stuff for D2 league on fantrax, but not my other leagues on fantrax.

They must either be overwhelmed or doing upgrades. weird that my other leagues I can access everything and it just clocks when I try to get into D2

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@MilkSpiller22
Thanks for the offer.
Declined without a reason.
Was running short on time - preparing for my other dynasty draft.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last call on Josh Rosen...

If ya want to throw me a WR, now is the time.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last call on Josh Rosen...

If ya want to throw me a WR, now is the time.
Not really interested in Rosen, but I may be willing to deal one of my bench WRs for a pick next year.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really interested in Rosen, but I may be willing to deal one of my bench WRs for a pick next year.

Sure!

I think I have a 4th left. But my 5th is all yours! ;)