• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cubs ongoing 2016 Season Thread

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't have one, so decided to start one. Makes it more organized and easier to follow everything for this season.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MAddon putting Soler right back in the lineup, cant really say that Joe is not giving him every opportunity, but we might see a DL stint and rehab at AAA if he gets another golden sombrero.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling Soler's playing time is to try to raise his stock for a trade. Cubs need another bullpen arm.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling Soler's playing time is to try to raise his stock for a trade. Cubs need another bullpen arm.

I dont know, after his post season last year, basically the only guy that hit thru both series, I still dont like it.

They did sign Joe Nathan to a major league contract yesterday, thats a nice security blanket for August when he should be ready to throw again. He immediately went to the 60 day DL. Christian Villanueva was also transferred to the 60 day on 5-3 from his broken leg.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know, after his post season last year, basically the only guy that hit thru both series, I still dont like it.

They did sign Joe Nathan to a major league contract yesterday, thats a nice security blanket for August when he should be ready to throw again. He immediately went to the 60 day DL. Christian Villanueva was also transferred to the 60 day on 5-3 from his broken leg.

Thought the Nathan signing was a solid one, definitely adds depth for the long run. And he can't be any worse than Richard or Grimm. Would still like to see us make a move for a really good pen arm down the road. Maybe Andrew Miller

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still worry about too many long men, but Cahill is moving away from that role and been pretty solid. You figure another lefty reliever and Richard can go again. I can see trading Soler for a good pen arm and a future starting candidate, but its still too soon. They say its good problems to have.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading Soler for a future starting candidate is the key. We have some aging guys in this rotation, would love to get a pen arm who can start down the road. A young guy at that.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cubs prospects excelling in early on in Minors

heres an idea, maybe you trade Montero to a playoff bound club in trouble and allow Contrares to come up and work with Rossy.

That way you keep Soler and get your young arm, possibly even from the south side.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almora makes three big plays in his debut. Cubs dont get a pick til the third round this year, since they needed Heyward and Lackey on this team.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can find talent all over the draft board in baseball. Unlike football or basketball where the top talent goes in round 1.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can find talent all over the draft board in baseball. Unlike football or basketball where the top talent goes in round 1.

Tell the prospect guys out there.

In other news, cubs replace Chris Coghlin with Arismendy Alcantara to the oakland A's since Coghlin turned back to that shitty player he turned to after winning rookie of the year. Well, at least its not Batista.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason Heyward......Finally starting to get out of this season slump........I was starting to frown upon this guy.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
reading there are grumblings about the Yankees offering Chapman in a trade that is tied with the cubs. They definitely have the prospects to pull it off, guess it depends what the cubs are willing to give up. Just wondering if Coughlin coming back is pointing at a young outfielder or two.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds like Schwarber for Andrew Miller might be the most likely scenario. While Schwarber is a great young bat the Cubs have a lot of those. Even if the DH comes to the NL in the new CBA they would still have Soler, Baez and others to use there, depending on the defensive alignment on a given day. Miller is signed through 2018 so he wouldn't be a rental.

I'd rather give up a package like Vogelbach, Pierce Johnson and Eloy Jimenez. However, I wouldn't be upset about giving up Schwarber for 2 1/2 years of arguably the best left handed reliever in baseball. If you add Miller the bullpen would be very good. Rondon and Miller in the 8th and 9th would be as good as any duo in baseball.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rondon really got pinched against Harper yesterday, to start off another comeback.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, the same pitch that was ball 4 on Harper was strike 3 to end the inning. The strike zone was inconsistent the whole game. I don't mind a big or small strike zone as every ump has a different zone, but an inconsistent strike zone drives me crazy.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard cubs are planning to call up Wilson Contrares today. Strange timing, Theo usually likes to do this on the road. Maybe something is wrong with Ross, very sub par game last time he caught Lester, with the two errors. Maybe he really said bench me or trade me. Hope Wilson gets someone to pair with, to play consistently. Hammel comes to mind but maybe Jake needs a third catcher to throw his third no hitter to.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Contrares getting his first start behind the plate with Lackey tonight. Zobrist leads off, but Contrares, Javy at 3rd and Almora playing CF tonight all in the lineup.