• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cubs at Phillies Series Game Thread

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drawing the connection I wonder how much Mallee’s hit coaching was impacted by Flex in his ear, or even in the players ear.

While it’s a really small sample size (and I could be guilty of looking for positive trending way too early) there was another sound byte last night. Harper talking about walking up to the plate and feeling no nerves. Comparing it to all the big games played as a kid. As a kid he wasnt walking to the plate thinking “62.53% of the he throws a slider inside on the heels of a fastball”.....he was thinking how we were all taught “see the ball, hit the ball”.
I didn't hear the sound byte but yeah, if the pitching coach is filling players heads with a bunch of stats like that they might be overthinking it. I think analytics are good but they seem most valuable to the front office or manager. The hitting coach should just work with the player's abilities and let the manager worry about analytics when deciding how to use him.
Then again, those guys are getting paid to work in mlb while I"m just babbling on some internet forum so.........

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then again, those guys are getting paid to work in mlb while I"m just babbling on some internet forum so.........
Yeah, but you only turned down the Phillies Manager gig because you were working for the FBI at the time. Granted, things took a turn for the worst after you shot that guy that you thought was connected to the Black Panthers, but you did have a promising career ahead.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, well there was also some bs allegations by the Phanatic that I had nothing to do with. There's a lot of politics involved in mlb