• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CUB'S 2018 Starting Pitching Rotation

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jon Lester ....Lefty.....power
Yu Darvish.......Righty.....power
Jose Quintana........Lefty.....power
Kyle Hendrix.......Righty.....finesse
Tyler Chatwood.......Righty......both......great road era the last two seasons

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jon Lester ....Lefty.....power
Yu Darvish.......Righty.....power
Jose Quintana........Lefty.....power
Kyle Hendrix.......Righty.....finesse
Tyler Chatwood.......Righty......both......great road era the last two seasons
Yu Darvish really worries me. I hope he stays healthy, gets back to form, and gets over his playoff woes.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yu Darvish really worries me. I hope he stays healthy, gets back to form, and gets over his playoff woes.
Playoff woes, as I've read, had to do with him tipping his pitches. Hopefully the Cubs fix that.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playoff woes, as I've read, had to do with him tipping his pitches. Hopefully the Cubs fix that.
Well, he was tipping pitches in the regular season last year as well, was notified before the playoffs, and clearly wasn’t able to fix it.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's also a small sample size (26.1 innings). He was very good in his starts against the Diamondbacks and Cubs. The Astros also happened to have the best offense in the league (and perhaps one of the best in the last few decades). Postseason stats have little (if any) predictive value.

That's going to be a damn good rotation and it could very well challenge the Indians for the best rotation, especially if Lester rebounds and Chatwood can improve his command. It helps that he should be able to use his curveball more effectively now that he no longer pitches at Coors. Hendricks probably won't ever replicate his 2.13 ERA in 2016 again, but he's still a very solid pitcher. Quintana should be fine next year, he looked a lot like the Quintana of old after struggling the first two months. And even then, some of those months look like they were skewed by a few very bad starts (7 ER in 2.2 IP will hurt your ERA)

What the Cubs Might See in Tyler Chatwood | FanGraphs Baseball

Last edited: