• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Crucial turning point

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not only did Cox get beat because he wasn't expecting to have to do anything, but he also got hurt on that play.

Love you Fletch, but I hope you change this.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Play of the season for them and a kill shot to us.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More than likely Sean Payton knew it was his chance to injure Cox. You can engage him and then have another player hit him while engaged. It works in this play because the refs are caught off guard and just trying to find the ball. Payton was suspensed for a whole season for figuring out the best sneaky ways to injure opposing players. His offense was getting abused. Perfect time to target Cox's knees.

Don't think we'll see Cox on special teams anymore. Not worth it.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow...He got just f*cking called out hard...and for good reason. Just inexcusable.

It's a shame, though, because Cox is a beast and his presence alone changed everything for the Saints offense.

I've been big on Akiem Hicks all year (for good reason)...Cox played every bit as good as ol' Akiem...if not better. Stud.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More than likely Sean Payton knew it was his chance to injure Cox. You can engage him and then have another player hit him while engaged. It works in this play because the refs are caught off guard and just trying to find the ball. Payton was suspensed for a whole season for figuring out the best sneaky ways to injure opposing players. His offense was getting abused. Perfect time to target Cox's knees.

Don't think we'll see Cox on special teams anymore. Not worth it.
Nobody targeted Cox's lower body. He got bent over backwards because he didn't attack the line.

Sparky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do I know the fake is a possibility and those guys in the field don't?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody targeted Cox's lower body. He got bent over backwards because he didn't attack the line.
Hitting him high still stresses his lower body as he tries to hold. He's already engaged at this point so his body is stiff instead of flexible.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's keep in mind who Jeff McLane is as we consider his angles in reporting.

This is the same schmuck who wrote Schwartz was taking Pederson's job at the beginning of last year. He didn't write an article destroying Mike Lombardi. He wrote an article practically praising the fat blowhard.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait.....they put Cox on ST? Fucking nonsense.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait.....they put Cox on ST? Fucking nonsense.
In "punt safe", the regular defense stays on the field to deter fakes. Thought being that since the punt team "OL" isn't usually a bunch of linemen, they'd be content to kick it away rather than press their luck against the regular D.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is the same schmuck who wrote Schwartz was taking Pederson's job at the beginning of last year. He didn't write an article destroying Mike Lombardi. He wrote an article practically praising the fat blowhard.

:agree: McLane is a very negative writer. Arrogant. Not well-liked by the other media guys, especially Les Bowen, who is a gentlemen, and objective.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok....I was just able to really watch the video. Oh, Fletcher. They read you and were prepared for that shit right away. Damnit!

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok....I was just able to really watch the video. Oh, Fletcher. They read you and were prepared for that shit right away. Damnit!
I don't know if the Eagles stop it anyway, but this might be the only play in the game where Cox goes backwards.

I think it still winds up working because they had really narrow splits and the DEs were too far outside, but if Cox is firing, there's at least the chance that he knocks the LB head-up to him backwards.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if the Eagles stop it anyway, but this might be the only play in the game where Cox goes backwards.

I think it still winds up working because they had really narrow splits and the DEs were too far outside, but if Cox is firing, there's at least the chance that he knocks the LB head-up to him backwards.

Cox is the most dominant player on the team in my view....for sure.
However....watching the other plays form past games where he just stands up on the hike and gets off the field quick....eh. I get it....when does anything actually happen on these plays. That complacency made him a target for such a critical moment.

I am not putting the play on him.....as you said it likely goes anyway. It is just bad form and gross. Obviously if it were almost any other player on the defense I would be actually pissed. Hopefully Cox realized his health could be effected by this approach.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

he was merely passing along the report from another. les was denying the original report, but the video evidence supports the claim.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he was merely passing along the report from another. les was denying the original report, but the video evidence supports the claim.

Did he ask the special teams coach about it to get a full story? No, he didn't. He just gleefully blasted it out.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to me, the play that killed them was not picking up the brees fumble. it would have been 14-0 with the ball around the saints 35. should have easily been 17-0, maybe even 21-0.