• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

credit to the defense

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#10 in yards
#19 in points
#18 against the pass
#5 against the run
#10 in sacks
#6 in 1st downs
#8 1st down percentage
#9 in takeaways
#31 in penalties

so many injuries combined with a lack of talent this year. yet they are only a yard behind the cowboys for moving into the top 10 overall. as they slowly get healthy, they are starting to limit the two areas they have been absolutely brutal at.. penalties and big plays.

they've already dealt with dallas (#1) lions (#5) vikings (#8) and falcons (#9) so far. after the seahawks and patriots.. 4 of the remaining 5 games are against the redskins (#31) dolphins (#30) and giants twice (#24)

by the time the season is up, schwartz will have done another great job with what little he had to work with.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody is truly trying to congratulate #19 in points?

Good job, bottom half of the league defense.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Pro Football Talk and I guess WIP, Doug said that DJax was taken out of yesterday's game for "precautionary" reasons. Supposedly, he will be fine after the bye. We'll see.
As everyone knows, I have been saying for over 2 years now that the wide receivers aren't very good. It would help a lot if they had a deep threat.
The rest of the season will depend on how well they play against New England and Seattle. IF they can find a way to go 2-0, they will win the division. Luckily both games are at home.
What HAS TO happen is that they have to stop with all of the really stupid penalties and hopefully, they won't have any more major injuries.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody is truly trying to congratulate #19 in points?

Good job, bottom half of the league defense.

of course you have a problem with it, because you're nothing but a sarcastic asshole still borderline harrassing my every post.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(for anyone not trying to be a tool.) if the cowboys give up more than around 340 yards tonight, the eagles defense would be ranked 9th in football. it goes to show how important schwartz, his scheme and football IQ is to this franchise.

they are old, lacking talent and have dealt with a ton of injuries. we used our draft picks on the offense. and the offense is ranking poorly, positioned in the bottom half in a lot of categories. they are frequently hurting the defense in terms of field position and pressure.

they've shut down the jets, bill and bears. they did a great job handling the lions (back to back lost fumbles and a kickoff return for a TD killed them.) they strip sacked rodgers to give the eagles the ball at the pack 17 and then picked him off in the endzone to end the game.

people keep underrating schwartz and the overall effort the defense gives.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course you have a problem with it, because you're nothing but a sarcastic asshole still borderline harrassing my every post.

Defend 19 of 32 as a good ranking.

Where does Wentz rank in points scored by QBs out of 32 starters?

Then reevaluate who you bitch at.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defend 19 of 32 as a good ranking.

Where does Wentz rank in points scored by QBs out of 32 starters?

Then reevaluate who you bitch at.

so you want to blame the defense for the lions kickoff return? because those points are added to them. you blame them for the 6 points they gave up on back to back fumbles? you blame them for the eagles having the 2nd most lost fumbles in the NFL? fucking 3 fumbles against the cowboys alone set them up at the eagles 45, eagles 14 and eagles 16.

this is why the overall defensive rank is based on yards per game. and again, the eagles are 10th. two areas they absolutely suck at are penalties and big plays. and of course that isn't shocking considering we have a mediocre at best secondary that was riddled with injuries.

they've done a great job in numerous other areas and are starting to get into a groove as they get more and more players healthy. they don't resemble a division II college team in the secondary any more.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so you want to blame the defense for the lions kickoff return? because those points are added to them. you blame them for the 6 points they gave up on back to back fumbles? you blame them for the eagles having the 2nd most lost fumbles in the NFL? fucking 3 fumbles against the cowboys alone set them up at the eagles 45, eagles 14 and eagles 16.

this is why the overall defensive rank is based on yards per game. and again, the eagles are 10th. two areas they absolutely suck at are penalties and big plays. and of course that isn't shocking considering we have a mediocre at best secondary that was riddled with injuries.

they've done a great job in numerous other areas and are starting to get into a groove as they get more and more players healthy. they don't resemble a division II college team in the secondary any more.

Mr Excuses when something doesn't fit your argument.

They also played 2 below average offenses the last 2 weeks.

Brady passing yards O/U for next week? 400?

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mr Excuses when something doesn't fit your argument.

They also played 2 below average offenses the last 2 weeks.

Brady passing yards O/U for next week? 400?

i don't need it to fit my argument, because they are 10th overall in defense. it's a FACT you cannot counter. why don't you answer the question instead of trolling?

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't need it to fit my argument, because they are 10th overall in defense. it's a FACT you cannot counter. why don't you answer the question instead of trolling?

Yards don't show up on the scoreboard.

downundermike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots beat us 613 to 538 in the Super Bowl. Send the trophy back to them.

source.gif

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots beat us 613 to 538 in the Super Bowl. Send the trophy back to them.

god damn you are one lame fucking troll. the shit isn't even creative.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude is crushing you

possibly? i've naturally assumed he's a socially awkward fat piece of shit, so crushing would be involved. the scarier part is people like yourself who latch on to them for some kind of weird acceptance.