• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Crazy trade idea

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The draft lottery got me thinking so I just thought up a crazy trade idea that sort of makes sense. Cleveland has an ass load of picks (1 overall, 19, 2 or 3 high second rounders, and multiple first rounders in the years to come from various trades). They also have cap space so they can trade with teams over the cap and not have to send back equal salary. So here's my crazy trade:

Cleveland gets: Amare Stoudamire

NYK gets: 1 overall, 19, 1 to 2 2nd rounders, and 1 future first rounder (protected)

Cleveland gets a much needed vet and someone who can be a borderline all-star*. This is big for them since its Cleveland and they suck at attracting free agents. The Knicks remove STAT's huge contract for more salary flexibility and get multiple picks to fill out their roster which we all know they desperately need.

* The big asterisk. Stoudamire's health. If he can't play more than 30 games like he was this year, it's obviously not worth it for Cleveland. But if he can come back and give you 18 and 7, that may be worth looking into.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's the only way they'll get a star their outside of a draft pick. Keeping him if he plays well is a big issue as well

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you trying to help or destroy the Cavs? 100% Amare is not worth half his contract and anyone who does get Amare should get it paid for taking him.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.

If NYK wanted anyone to take on Amare's contract, they would have to give significant assets along with him. Nobody in their right mind would trade any asset, let alone the number one pick for one of the worst contracts in basketball.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you mean one of the worst of all time? because there isn't one worse than his currently or anytime in recent history.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you mean one of the worst of all time? because there isn't one worse than his currently or anytime in recent history.

I was trying to be nice. :lol:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not that bad of a contract if he's healthy. He's got 2 years left. That's my point. If he's healthy (and its a fairly big if), he can play at an all star level. What other player could Cle get via FA? For a bad team with cap room, 2 years of a contract like that isn't nearly as big a deal

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The draft lottery got me thinking so I just thought up a crazy trade idea that sort of makes sense. Cleveland has an ass load of picks (1 overall, 19, 2 or 3 high second rounders, and multiple first rounders in the years to come from various trades). They also have cap space so they can trade with teams over the cap and not have to send back equal salary. So here's my crazy trade:

Cleveland gets: Amare Stoudamire

NYK gets: 1 overall, 19, 1 to 2 2nd rounders, and 1 future first rounder (protected)

Cleveland gets a much needed vet and someone who can be a borderline all-star*. This is big for them since its Cleveland and they suck at attracting free agents. The Knicks remove STAT's huge contract for more salary flexibility and get multiple picks to fill out their roster which we all know they desperately need.

* The big asterisk. Stoudamire's health. If he can't play more than 30 games like he was this year, it's obviously not worth it for Cleveland. But if he can come back and give you 18 and 7, that may be worth looking into.

:wtf2:

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
overvaluing Amare just a bit arent we?

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL!!

Amare makes more money than Carmelo. No team in their right mind would take Amare off the Knicks hands without getting something else significant in the deal.

Yet you think Cleveland should give up the 1st overall pick along with the 19th overall pick & at least 2 second rounders straight up for him. Thanks for the :laugh3:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0% chance. Like a previous poster said, the Knicks would have to give up assets to unload Amare. The Cavs can do MUCH better. I feel the Cavs need to make some sort of move or they are eventually going to end up in a position like Ok City when you have several young players all eligible for big pay raises near the same time.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OP you are on the right track. This draft is not that great and if they could get some young proven talent from their draft picks that is a great idea. Or if they could trade down would be even better. The problem is every one else knows what they know about the draft so they probably won't get the value they want.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OP you are on the right track. This draft is not that great and if they could get some young proven talent from their draft picks that is a great idea. Or if they could trade down would be even better. The problem is every one else knows what they know about the draft so they probably won't get the value they want.

Most of the lottery teams want to trade either down or out entirely. They want the same thing Cleveland does. The talent level in the NBA is getting worse by the year.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
stupid 1 and dones.

I hate that. I hate it so much I am starting a new thread.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Will Joe Johnson please stand up!! He got super star max money and he is a role player at best. I can name at least 15+ 2 guards i would take over him, not including wade and kobe.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
stupid 1 and dones.

I hate that. I hate it so much I am starting a new thread.

Agreed! I understand that once you become an adult you should have the right to earn a living but I love the football approach of letting them develop into young men for 3 years to be in a better position to succeed

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Joe Johnson please stand up!! He got super star max money and he is a role player at best. I can name at least 15+ 2 guards i would take over him, not including wade and kobe.

Joe was actually one of the guys I was thinking of Cavs taking that would be much better than Amare. But then I realized they will need a young but developed team if they want Lebron back....new ownership would help too :D

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe was actually one of the guys I was thinking of Cavs taking that would be much better than Amare. But then I realized they will need a young but developed team if they want Lebron back....new ownership would help too :D

Yea!, they would have to start with new ownership first to pull that off. I would trade picks to New Orleans for Gordon though, we would be an excellent pick up to play along side Irving if he can stay healthy