• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Crazy Keeper Question

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and im not trying to argue to argue. I will have to try and find the literature. But Its compelling. Whether people choose to believe it or not.......thats another story. But heres where it started for me looking for some advanced metrics. SOme are in favore of henry, gordon, gurley, some a very very very very against

for the record ben baldwin is the guy whose work breaks this down. He is also a GIANT todd gurley supporter, so its nto him just damning some of this stuff.

To me its like anything, what stats do you want to believe.

And im just using this as an example. CJ anderson is chugging out yards for the rams, conner did for pgh, gus edwards is #1 in football outsiders WAR. there are stats everywhere that support, and dont support a guy.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But with Henry it was all about touches.

He had 12 touches or fewer in 9 of the first 12 games. Awful hard to post fantasy numbers if you are a 2 down grinder getting less than 12 touches.

Last 4 games he averaged 22.5 touches and the Titans won 3 of 4.

They seemed to recognize their identity down the stretch. And I would be shocked if they didn't come out of the gates riding Henry in 2019. He will have some duds because he is a 2 down back. But he is easily a top 12 RB in standard, and top 15 in PPR heading into next year.

Kerryon's value may rise before draft season. But right now, Henry's is much higher. He is the better bet.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But with Henry it was all about touches.

He had 12 touches or fewer in 9 of the first 12 games. Awful hard to post fantasy numbers if you are a 2 down grinder getting less than 12 touches.

Last 4 games he averaged 22.5 touches and the Titans won 3 of 4.

They seemed to recognize their identity down the stretch. And I would be shocked if they didn't come out of the gates riding Henry in 2019. He will have some duds because he is a 2 down back. But he is easily a top 12 RB in standard, and top 15 in PPR heading into next year.

Kerryon's value may rise before draft season. But right now, Henry's is much higher. He is the better bet.

I agree and disagree with this. Yes the Titans should recognize that they were a much better team riding Henry, but they also ran into some teams that had no desire to play defense in the 2nd half of the season (the Jaguars in possibly the worst tackling performance by a defense ever). The big question is whether Tennessee is going to stay competitive early in the season when all the teams are still actually trying to win. He wasn't getting as many touches because he's not going to be on the field when they are down by more than two scores or on 3rd downs, so if that happens in five of the first eight weeks, then he's not going to be a very valuable fantasy commodity. It's funny that you have Jordan Howard too, because they are almost the exact same back in the exact same situation. Their touches are going to be capped unless they get a huge lead. The problem with that is neither team is really built to ever have a huge lead. I just couldn't keep Henry or Howard, so I would actually go with Johnson by default. Henry and Howard just both seem like guys that are going to get drafted higher than they should every year and then disappoint you in the end.