• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Crazy Harper Idea - One Year Deal?

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure Boras is pulling hair out of his toupee watching his blue chip client strike out and loaf around the bases...and, surely Harper's FA value will be severely damaged if he doesn't go on a crazy hot streak in the 2nd half and get his BA way above the .210s.
Any chance Harper signs a one year deal (ideally in a favorable park like New Yankee) in an attempt to regain leverage for a big long term FA deal to follow by getting back closer to his peak production?
Definitely a very risky move and I suspect it wouldn't work because I think the contract pressure is what's causing him to wilt this season.
Still, could be a tool to use if Harper and Boras are disappointed in the long term deals offered in the coming offseason, which I suspect will be the case. And Harper would still be a young ballplayer after a one year deal, so any team signing him long term could still expect to get a good piece of the heart of his career.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think its crazy at all. I think hes more crazy to sign a long term deal given the year he is having.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will get a 10 year contract from someone. Probably 400 million at least. One year deal not needed!