• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Crabtree is the Difference

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This offense has looked 100x better with him playing. Great week this week against TB. Crabtree looks like he is getting better every week. He ran past Revis 3 times in this game and caught a TD pass when Revis was on him.

The offense just looks more open with Crabtree out there. VD breaking lose, Boldin having one on one coverage and just having another sure hands on the field with Crabtree.

Im fired up about this team. We are getting hot at the right time. Kap looks awesome and they are starting to let him do his thing. The throws he made yesterday was amazing. Not many QBs can throw the ball like that. He missed 2-3 (1 I thought VD should of had) Throws but Overall looked very good.

Win out and we get the 5th seed.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We def missed him that's for sure! I wasn't pleased when he threw the ball after the missed pass. Didn't like it one bit. But it's nice having him back!

On another note. I think we need to resign boldin for a couple years. This dude keeps balling and his intensity is needed.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would give him a 2 year deal. How much per year not sure. Maybe 4-5 million per year. He is what making 7 million a year now.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crabtree is the biggest reason Kaep has looked better. He has opened up the field for Kaep and made it easier for him to find an open receiver. I would still like to see Kaep somehow find a way to put touch on a ball at times but he has definitely looked more confident, as of late. I honestly have actual hope that we can make it to the Super Bowl, whereas before I didn't think it was possible.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this has a great chance now if we can just stay healthy. I still would like to get more of a pass rush but overall D has been good. We still haven't had a game where A. Smith and Brooks have been on at the same time. Yesterday it was nice to see A. Smith and J Smith play well.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take back 1 statement: TD was on Banks not Revis.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I wasn't thrilled with the passing game in this one. Kap made some great plays escaping pressure and throwing darts along the sidelines. He also did some serious damage with his legs in those situations. But he's not always going to be able to escape the way he did today. A lot of those big plays would normally have resulted in sacks or incompletions. I'd like to see Kap do a better job of recognizing the pressure before the play and getting the ball out quickly. Things worked out this week, but we can't bank on that going forward.

Our passing offense was also pretty anemic in the second half, though I thought Kap continued to throw the ball pretty well on the whole. Still very much a work in progress IMO, and I'm disappointed we didn't get more from three receiver sets with McDonald out.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this has a great chance now if we can just stay healthy. I still would like to get more of a pass rush but overall D has been good. We still haven't had a game where A. Smith and Brooks have been on at the same time. Yesterday it was nice to see A. Smith and J Smith play well.

Washington game they both were on

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wasn't thrilled with the passing game in this one. Kap made some great plays escaping pressure and throwing darts along the sidelines. He also did some serious damage with his legs in those situations. But he's not always going to be able to escape the way he did today. A lot of those big plays would normally have resulted in sacks or incompletions. I'd like to see Kap do a better job of recognizing the pressure before the play and getting the ball out quickly. Things worked out this week, but we can't bank on that going forward.

Our passing offense was also pretty anemic in the second half, though I thought Kap continued to throw the ball pretty well on the whole. Still very much a work in progress IMO, and I'm disappointed we didn't get more from three receiver sets with McDonald out.

I couldn't have said it any better!! I was very happy to see that he is gaining some confidence and is doing a bit of improvement and keeping his eyes down field looking for open receivers when he breaks the pocket. However, I was disappointed in the fact that he still has a very hard time "playing poker with the LBs" not knowing who's coming and if you know who's coming on the blitz, how do you counter that by making them pay?! Kap needs to do a better job in sensing the threats before the snap and most importantly calling the right audible to make them pay for vacating that area in which the LB or DB had blitzed from. If this were against a better defense, he wouldn't have been able to get free (scrambling) so easily. I hope that he doesn't think that that will work against the Panthers and especially against the Seahawks.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U are crazy if you think this wasn't a great passing game. Offense was spread out and moving. U guys ask for too much. That was a great job today.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I couldn't have said it any better!! I was very happy to see that he is gaining some confidence and is doing a bit of improvement and keeping his eyes down field looking for open receivers when he breaks the pocket. However, I was disappointed in the fact that he still has a very hard time "playing poker with the LBs" not knowing who's coming and if you know who's coming on the blitz, how do you counter that by making them pay?! Kap needs to do a better job in sensing the threats before the snap and most importantly calling the right audible to make them pay for vacating that area in which the LB or DB had blitzed from. If this were against a better defense, he wouldn't have been able to get free (scrambling) so easily. I hope that he doesn't think that that will work against the Panthers and especially against the Seahawks.

The overall point you guys are making I do agree with. But I am seeing some real growth with Kap and the offense these last few weeks. I didn't get to see the 2nd half but Kap checked it down at least 3 times in the 1st half were as he hasn't checked it down at all before. He also stepped up into the pocket better this week and he found lanes to scramble in. Plus he went through some progressions and found the open WR and hit them in stride!

Sure TB isn't an elite defense but with every game Kap is gaining more confidence in himself and the players around him. With Iupati coming back hopefully this week and Snyder hasn't been playing terrible we could be gelling at the right time for the quest for 6. Just keep chugging and beating the teams we should beat and we will be fine my 2 cents

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The overall point you guys are making I do agree with. But I am seeing some real growth with Kap and the offense these last few weeks. I didn't get to see the 2nd half but Kap checked it down at least 3 times in the 1st half were as he hasn't checked it down at all before. He also stepped up into the pocket better this week and he found lanes to scramble in. Plus he went through some progressions and found the open WR and hit them in stride!

Sure TB isn't an elite defense but with every game Kap is gaining more confidence in himself and the players around him. With Iupati coming back hopefully this week and Snyder hasn't been playing terrible we could be gelling at the right time for the quest for 6. Just keep chugging and beating the teams we should beat and we will be fine my 2 cents

:agree: It was nice to see Kap do his thing. I think Coach is starting to let him do him. They held him back and now he is ready to play free.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I don't disagree that he's shown improvement of late. I just want more. He's still getting away with things because of his physical talent. That's fine at times, but I don't want him to rely on that. I want to see him develop as a passer, and that means reading the defense better before and after the snap.

To be fair, Snyder and Goodwin were getting beat like a drum by McCoy most of the game.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Kap's play was good to very good... not on great level, but very good IMO. And I've been one to rag on him when he falters, rightfully so...

If there's a game to clearly show that Goodwin is done, it was that one... I was very shock how apparent Goodwin is the weak link on the line. I know his play has been down from all our perspectives from the start of the season but yesterday was his heisman moment for sucking....

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree that he's shown improvement of late. I just want more. He's still getting away with things because of his physical talent. That's fine at times, but I don't want him to rely on that. I want to see him develop as a passer, and that means reading the defense better before and after the snap.

To be fair, Snyder and Goodwin were getting beat like a drum by McCoy most of the game.

He is reading the Defense fine. 1 Int in the last 4 games with 7 TDs. He is improving in that area. Is he elite at that NO but he is improving every game.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Kap's play was good to very good... not on great level, but very good IMO. And I've been one to rag on him when he falters, rightfully so...

If there's a game to clearly show that Goodwin is done, it was that one... I was very shock how apparent Goodwin is the weak link on the line. I know his play has been down from all our perspectives from the start of the season but yesterday was his heisman moment for sucking....

I would love to draft a center in the 2nd rd. I agree Goodwin has been bad. If I were Defenses I would just Bull up the middle all the time.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Another thing that was great yesterday, giving Hunter and LMJ some sweeps with great success. More of that please.

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'd all like to see more from Kap, but young players progress at their own rate and there's nothing us fans can do about it. It's awesome to see actual progress though. Before it was hard to tell that he was even reading a defense, but you can tell he's now actually going through reads.

With the baiting game with the LB's, he's not doing great at it, but you have to remember he has very limited time to read the LB's. It takes so long to get the two or three play calls into Kap before very play, break the huddle, do whatever motion is called, make his read to make the call to whichever of the two/three plays, and then if there's time, make the call and read on LB's. At the very best, he has 15 secs when we break the huddle to look at things and all year it seems most of our plays we're at less than 10 secs when we break the huddle.

When you look at Brady and Peyton Manning, with their high tempo offense they can literally take about 30 secs to look over a defense and make a decision on things before they need to snap the ball if they want or change a route etc. Kap is just trying to run whatever play is called in time.