• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sunday Night Football: Cowboys @ Rams 8:20 NBC

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak did a good job of getting the ball out quickly all night or there could have been double digit sacks. He had no time all night

This man is just unfair as the tweet states...

Despite all the hype and love for QBs, Donald is still the best "player" in the game, imo.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need to be better up front going forward

3. DALLAS WON’T GET TOO FAR IF ITS OFFENSIVE LINE REPEATS ITS WEEK 1 PERFORMANCE

Led by Aaron Donald, the Los Angeles Rams caused Dak Prescott to play under fire throughout their Week 1 matchup. He was under pressure on 19 dropbacks, the second-most of the week. When a quarterback is under pressure that much, not many good things are going to happen for the offense. Prescott did make a great play under pressure early in the second quarter to CeeDee Lamb, but that was just about the only positive outcome on those plays.

And that number of pressured dropbacks could have been much higher had Prescott not had so many short, quick throws to avoid it. He did make all these requisite throws when free from pressure, as he was the sixth-highest graded quarterback of the week on such plays.

Because of Donald and the offensive line not having its best day, we didn’t get to see Prescott uncork many downfield throws. His deep ball was the backbone of his success last year, but he threw a pass 10 or more yards downfield on just over one-fifth of his passes (third-lowest rate of the week) in Week 1.

As a whole, the Dallas offensive line was the third-lowest graded unit of the day and lost the third-most reps. Tackle Tyron Smith and center Joe Looney didn’t play poorly, as they earned pass-block grades of 77.3 and 69.1, respectively, but the other three (Connor Williams, Zack Martin and Terence Steele) offensive linemen struggled. All three were either beaten by a defender or allowed a pressure on six or more pass-block reps. While the Cowboys won’t face a player like Donald every week — and Martin is likely to bounce back, given he was the highest-graded active guard in pass protection from 2014-19 — Williams and Steele are two reasons to worry, especially with facing Grady Jarrett in Week 2.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys put up 400 yards, on the road, with a banged-up O-Line, and playing against Aaron Donald. If they can get healthier they'll be in the mix come January.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys put up 400 yards, on the road, with a banged-up O-Line, and playing against Aaron Donald. If they can get healthier they'll be in the mix come January.
macho man.gif

Cowboys converted 1 third down in the second half and had 134 yards to go with 3 points. It is going to take more than getting healthy. You're talking about the Rams defensive coordinator making the proper adjustments at halftime.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 253406

Cowboys converted 1 third down in the second half and had 134 yards to go with 3 points. It is going to take more than getting healthy. You're talking about the Rams defensive coordinator making the proper adjustments at halftime.
True, but both teams played well and looked to be in mid-season form. The Rams defense projected to be weak against TE & RB passes, which isn't a Cowboys strength. The Cowboys still put up 400 yards and no turnovers against Donald at his absolute best on a night when the Rams controlled the clock. The Cowboys are a slightly shorter price now to win the NFC East than they were before the season, (mostly due to the Eagles losing). Both teams could be a force if they stay healthy. The problem for the Rams is the strength of their division and a brutal schedule, (4 X 10AM PT starting times in the next 7 weeks).

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 253406

On 3rd down, I'll assume you are right, but I'm pretty sure I read they had like 9 or 10 first downs in the 2nd half, so that is kind of a agenda driven way to put it. I don't think the PI was as bad as most people make it out to be and that's Football, but IF the Refs don't call that PI and/or they kick the FG instead of going for it, it's perhaps an entirely different discussion. Let's not act like you won by 30 on the road with most of your starters out

Week 1 with no preseason, on the road and with 3 guys who were expected to be starters not playing and 2 more getting hurt during the game. losing by 3 is no big deal. Plus the RT is an UDFA in his first ever game that most Cowboy fans didn't even pick to make the team and our jaws dropped when he was announced starter. I wish we started 1-0, but it's one week. We lost 3 in a row last year and then crushed you guys even though our QB had a broken finger, so I'll wait a few weeks before I write off the season

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On 3rd down, I'll assume you are right, but I'm pretty sure I read they had like 9 or 10 first downs in the 2nd half, so that is kind of a agenda driven way to put it. I don't think the PI was as bad as most people make it out to be and that's Football, but IF the Refs don't call that PI and/or they kick the FG instead of going for it, it's perhaps an entirely different discussion. Let's not act like you won by 30 on the road with most of your starters out

Week 1 with no preseason, on the road and with 3 guys who were expected to be starters not playing and 2 more getting hurt during the game. losing by 3 is no big deal. Plus the RT is an UDFA in his first ever game that most Cowboy fans didn't even pick to make the team and our jaws dropped when he was announced starter. I wish we started 1-0, but it's one week. We lost 3 in a row last year and then crushed you guys even though our QB had a broken finger, so I'll wait a few weeks before I write off the season
To me it look like two of the better teams in the NFC going at it, both teams didn't look too bad considering there was no preseason, no home field advantage. I wouldn't be surprised at all if there was a postseason rematch. There should be more optimism from that game for both teams than pessimism.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me it look like two of the better teams in the NFC going at it, both teams didn't look too bad considering there was no preseason, no home field advantage. I wouldn't be surprised at all if there was a postseason rematch. There should be more optimism from that game for both teams than pessimism.
I think the Rams dominated them In general, but my point is it was one game, week 1 and still the Cowboys had as good a chance to win it in the 4th.

bigger worry is Tyron Smith missed practice today and the injuries Sunday night

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was Lamb's first professional football game of any kind. To put him into a high leverage situation is asking an awful lot. The Cowboys marched down the field throwing to Cooper. IMO, Cooper would have more likely been at the sticks.

You weren't looking for a big open field play. You were looking for 4 yards.
Like I said, not your average rookie. Big spot, 3rd down, 4th Qtr, goes to Lamb again

Big play after the onside kick, goes to Lamb again to get into FG range. Only two games, but Kid is legit and no situation seems too big for him. Best hands on the team

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, not your average rookie. Big spot, 3rd down, 4th Qtr, goes to Lamb again

Big play after the onside kick, goes to Lamb again to get into FG range. Only two games, but Kid is legit and no situation seems too big for him. Best hands on the team

Looks like he has the Irvin push off figured out already. Lol

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't hate the Playa, hate the game...
Just stating facts. I wouldn’t mind to have him on my team though. Need receivers

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2