• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboy fans only Cole Beasley

Are you happy with him as the Slot Reciever?

• Total voters

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you happy with him as the Slot Reciever?
This doesn't mean he isn't replaceable only do you think he fits.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends who is playing QB...

Seems like Romo can coax production out of him, but he didn't do squat with anyone else at the helm last year.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends who is playing QB...

Seems like Romo can coax production out of him, but he didn't do squat with anyone else at the helm last year.
Neither did anyone else including Dez (even on a per game basis), Witten, Williams, etc.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, I ask for Cowboy fans to vote to see what we think about Beasley and PE1 "The Eagle fan" votes. But no he's not a troll.
PE1, this tread is simply to see what the fans of the team thinks about him, maybe I'm wrong, I'd like to find out.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Beasley he has a knack for being at the right spot at the right time. I wouldn't say he makes big plays on a grand scale, but he makes timely plays. I'm not going to lie and say I wouldn't like an upgrade because I really wanted the team to draft Russell Shepherd because on paper he offers more, but on a Romo Quarterbacked team Beasly is a nice fit.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Beasley he has a knack for being at the right spot at the right time. I wouldn't say he makes big plays on a grand scale, but he makes timely plays. I'm not going to lie and say I wouldn't like an upgrade because I really wanted the team to draft Russell Shepherd because on paper he offers more, but on a Romo Quarterbacked team Beasly is a nice fit.
I agree, we could find better, just that I for one think Beasley fills the role he's asked to play very well. So yes we could do better, but we could do worse.
Besides outside of a rookie, would his better replacement salary be worth it?

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh im good with Beasley especially for the reasons you have stated, put me on an island I'm actually more worried about Witten and we all know Escobar sucks. Is Witten still a 50 plus catch TE?

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh im good with Beasley especially for the reasons you have stated, put me on an island I'm actually more worried about Witten and we all know Escobar sucks. Is Witten still a 50 plus catch TE?
I think Witten is but he's dangerously close to the edge of that cliff.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither did anyone else including Dez (even on a per game basis), Witten, Williams, etc.

Oh, boy do I know. I was critical of Dez last year for not producing with Romo out. I give Dez an "Incomplete" for last year due to injury, but after his performance in '15 Dez is firmly out of the "top 5" Wrs in the game conversation for me. Somewhere in that 5-10 range for me - not sure exactly where.

Witten isn't what he used to be and should not be counted on for big production anymore. Williams is strictly a complimentary player who was thrust into a #1 role.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a soft spot for Cole. From my little area of the world and playing on the greatest team ever so I root real hard for the kid. I also felt his pain when he royally fucks up, which he did a few times last year.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Beasley but I also think he could be replaced
Jason Witten is a all-time great TE and will be dearly missed when he retires. 2-3 more seasons is about all he has left but I am no coach or scout

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Beasley but I also think he could be replaced
Jason Witten is a all-time great TE and will be dearly missed when he retires. 2-3 more seasons is about all he has left but I am no coach or scout
Couldn't agree more about Witten. I only voted yes because Manster said it didn't mean he wasn't replaceable only if you think he fits. Truth is, Beasley and Dunbar type guys should be replaced in time with better talent. These type guys should be 4/5 year career type guys anyways. Now Witten? He can stay for as long as he wishes

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm here just because you said I couldn't be. :heh: Seriously do have a soft spot for the Cowboys. I grew up in Spokane, WA and was in the 7th grade before the Seahawks were even a team. My bedroom in grade school was a shrine to Roger Staubach. I would still be a Cowboy fan if Jerry Jones hadn't treated Tom Landry and Tex Schramm so shitty!

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm here just because you said I couldn't be. :heh: Seriously do have a soft spot for the Cowboys. I grew up in Spokane, WA and was in the 7th grade before the Seahawks were even a team. My bedroom in grade school was a shrine to Roger Staubach. I would still be a Cowboy fan if Jerry Jones hadn't treated Tom Landry and Tex Schramm so shitty!
I don't mind you being here, just trying to guage if Cowboy fans think we should dump Beasley ASAP.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think they should dump beasley. Romo and Beasley seem to always be on the same page. Beasley has had some critical fumbles, but his good work overall seems to negate those. You bring in some unknown to replace him and it could be Roy Williams all over again. The passing offense was awful last season as Bryant missed most of training camp was never close to 100%. We have a decent core as long as there are no injuries.

tylerTX88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a Beasley fan. He and Romo click. I like his quickness and I have no problem with a guy getting first downs. Sure the 65 yard catch and run is awesome but that is not who he is. I think he fills a good niche here.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm good with him until we find someone better. As long as he is cheap, healthy, and engaged I'm good with him. If JG were to come out and say we had moved on from him I wouldn't mind. But I hope we have a replacement of the same type...small, shifty, and good hands.

Of all the people on the roster, I think Zeke makes Cole the most expendable. I don't want my RB running crossing routes, but the little RB flare out into the flat or to sit in the short-middle.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cole (and guys like him) have had an impact in today's pass happy NFL. You can find guys as skilled as him everywhere you look, but you'll have to look harder to find guys that are willing to put ego aside and put in the work to earn a modest NFL paycheck like he has. That aspect is just as valuable as the skill-set, if not more.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cole (and guys like him) have had an impact in today's pass happy NFL. You can find guys as skilled as him everywhere you look, but you'll have to look harder to find guys that are willing to put ego aside and put in the work to earn a modest NFL paycheck like he has. That aspect is just as valuable as the skill-set, if not more.

I can't decide which direction the NFL is going. Are they moving to more small guys going over the middle...considering all the protections WR's get now. Or is the NFL moving to big TE's who can stretch the field or go over the middle or block. I personally think a pass catching TE is more valuable than a small guy like Cole.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't decide which direction the NFL is going. Are they moving to more small guys going over the middle...considering all the protections WR's get now. Or is the NFL moving to big TE's who can stretch the field or go over the middle or block. I personally think a pass catching TE is more valuable than a small guy like Cole.
Those big bodied TEs are a little more rare, and ones that can block as well as stretch the field are even more and will get paid in that manner. I think the blueprint is to have all these different types of players on your team, so you can match-up to your opponent's weaknesses. Vertical WRs as well as quick cutting ones and big physical possession types all have their place, and if you can couple that with a TE teams covet and a RB that can fully function as a receiver is an OC's dream.