• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

couturier on the team?

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-phi...-spot-in-Flyers-lo?blockID=570810&feedID=704\

no offense to the flyers, but i just dont see how two unproven rookies (schenn, couturier) helps our team. if couturier is on the team we have schenn, couturier and also read, all rookies. thats one line of rookies. and also, schenn, couturier and read all need to be in the top 9. the way i see it.. jagr, giroux, jvr, briere, voracek, simmonds, hartnell are already in the top 9. that leaves 2 spots for schenn, couturier and read. just dont see how this helps our team. id much rather have couturier wait a year

Last edited by a moderator:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly i think schenn getting hurt really hindered the FO's ability to make the right play here.. i think its really going to hurt schenn.. because IMO couturier played better this preseason than schenn did.. obviously not a lot to go on because schenn only played what, 2 games? i thought couturier really came on late, especially the game on thursday (didnt watch tonight) and deserves a continued shot

my guess is schenn starts the season in the A.. and couturier centers the 3rd line.. after 9 games, the flyers will have to make a decision.. i also think between now and then the flyers will make a concerted effort to move hartnell, freeing up salary that they could use, plus a spot in the top 9.. if they can find a taker for hartnell, then i think schenn comes up and schenn, couturier, and read all play top 9 minutes..

from everything i've heard/read schenn is good enough to play in the NHL this season, he just got a little banged up and couldn't prove it in the preseason.. i think sending him down (at least for the night of oct. 5th into oct. 6th so they can get lappy on LTIR) is just the easiest way to be cap compliant and keep the players they want to keep

should definitely be an interesting week

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A vexed question. I think Couturier looked like he could belong at times. At times he looked a little out matched. Schenn is ready, the only thing that could hold him back is injury. If Schenn is really healthy, then he is a lock.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-phi...-spot-in-Flyers-lo?blockID=570810&feedID=704\

no offense to the flyers, but i just dont see how two unproven rookies (schenn, couturier) helps our team. if couturier is on the team we have schenn, couturier and also read, all rookies. thats one line of rookies. and also, schenn, couturier and read all need to be in the top 9. the way i see it.. jagr, giroux, jvr, briere, voracek, simmonds, hartnell are already in the top 9. that leaves 2 spots for schenn, couturier and read. just dont see how this helps our team. id much rather have couturier wait a year

If Couturier is in, then read is probably out. Couts has proven himself worthy IMO

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hartnell-Briere-Voracek
JvR-Giroux-Jagr
Simmonds-Schenn-Couturier
Shelley-Betts-Talbot

While I wish Shelley would get sent down, I don't see how Read makes the team barring a long term injury to Schenn.

God that 4th line just makes me want to puke

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Shelly should be out of the line up...stone cold waste...Couturier...has played well but the physical demands of the NHL will take its toll on him...im a big fan...but aleast for the first have of the season he needs to go down...Read should stay up for god sakes sit shelly in the press box...i like Harry Z...nice to have some depth to bring up...dont see nodl on that list PP48...if not now he will have to be worked in or moved...that said im not a nodl fan...

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Shelly should be out of the line up...stone cold waste...Couturier...has played well but the physical demands of the NHL will take its toll on him...im a big fan...but aleast for the first have of the season he needs to go down...Read should stay up for god sakes sit shelly in the press box...i like Harry Z...nice to have some depth to bring up...dont see nodl on that list PP48...if not now he will have to be worked in or moved...that said im not a nodl fan...

We all want Shelley gone, but odds are he sticks around because he is getting paid to be a piece of shit.

I believe Nodl is the first replacement for injury/inevitable suspension. Read should be number 2 if we want to keep him around. Nodl will be around like he always is, but will have trouble cracking the lineup.

Read just does not squeeze in here IMO, especially if Couturier makes the squad.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Couturier is in, then read is probably out. Couts has proven himself worthy IMO

If that's the case then the front office is crazy. Read has proven more so then any other player(prospect) that he belongs in the NHL this season. Read has has played all over the roster for us in every type of game situation and has far exceeded most people's expectation, add in the fact that he's at the top of the scoring lists and he has to make the team and get top 9 time.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's the case then the front office is crazy. Read has proven more so then any other player(prospect) that he belongs in the NHL this season. Read has has played all over the roster for us in every type of game situation and has far exceeded most people's expectation, add in the fact that he's at the top of the scoring lists and he has to make the team and get top 9 time.

i agree w/ this.. read has outplayed couturier in every facet of the game.. he's faster, he's been better defensively, and a ton better offensively.. plus he's looked good everywhere.. top line, 3rd line, pking, pp.. everywhere.. read (based on this preseason) is light years better than couturier

i'm sure couturier will be better than him eventually, maybe as soon as next year, but if couturier makes the team in read's stead i will have lost faith in the organization's ability to develop talent

read has made this team. couturier should get his 9 games in the NHL, and barring significant improvement, should go back to juniors with a list of things to work on. IMO he is the one that doesn't fit right now, everyone in the top 9 has outplayed him significantly, aside from maybe schenn who was hurt

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see all 3(Read, Schenn & Couturier) making the team if the Flyers deciede to move a top 9 forward(most likely Hartnell). I could see them all fitting in well to the top 9 whether it be as the 3rd line or thrown into other lines since Lavi likes to change things up.

The funny thing is before Camp I swore I knew what the forward lines were going to be, and now I'm at a bit of a loss. These may look strange but I have a feeling that we may see something like this to start the season.

Simmonds-Giroux-Jagr
JVR-Briere-Vorachek
Hartnell(Couturier)-Schenn- Read
Talbot-Betts-Rinaldo

I can also see the first 2 being our early season PP lines and having the 3rd liners fighting for time. We'd also have 6-7 PK guys to use(Giroux, Simmonds, Schenn, Read, Talbot, Betts & Couts if he makes it). We're very deep at forward this year and it's different from in past years since I can actually see all 3 lines putting G's in during even strength and guessing there will be lots of competition at practice for top 6 minutes to keep the intensity up.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is how I see opening day. They'll keep Couturier for his 9 games just to give him a peak at the regular season and if Schenn can't play he'll take his place. Unless Couturier plays lights out they'll send him down unless they want him playing a 4th line role this year but I doubt it. Rinaldo and Read will have a good 10 games to see how they fit in but I bet they stick as they've looked good. Harry Z showed lots of spunk but Rinaldo's tougher and they need some toughness in the lineup.

JVR-Giroux-Jagr
Hartnell-Briere-Vorachek
Simmonds-(Couturier)Schenn-Read
Talbot-Betts-Rinaldo
Reserve-Nodl

On D Lilja may be waived as Gusty is capable of coming up if they get plagued by injuries. I think they want Walkers toughness in the lineup as the B's pushed them around last year he's earned a spot anyway. I'd rather have him make the team than keeping Shelley around!

Pronger-Carle
Timonen-Mez
Coburn-Walker
Reserve-Bartulis

Anyway that's my take unless they make a trade...

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has Couturier been playing wing in the preseason? Regardless, I wouldn't worry too much about who gets picked now because it will probably be a revolving door throughout the season. People get hurt, guys need nights off, all will most likely get decent playing time throughout the season and then you can decide who's playoff worthy.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree w/ this.. read has outplayed couturier in every facet of the game.. he's faster, he's been better defensively, and a ton better offensively.. plus he's looked good everywhere.. top line, 3rd line, pking, pp.. everywhere.. read (based on this preseason) is light years better than couturier

i'm sure couturier will be better than him eventually, maybe as soon as next year, but if couturier makes the team in read's stead i will have lost faith in the organization's ability to develop talent

read has made this team. couturier should get his 9 games in the NHL, and barring significant improvement, should go back to juniors with a list of things to work on. IMO he is the one that doesn't fit right now, everyone in the top 9 has outplayed him significantly, aside from maybe schenn who was hurt

This is right on.
Read has earned his spot.
Let Shelley rot in the press box.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant we send Shelly to the minors and not have his contract count against the cap?

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couturier may be our best FO player, has a good shot and is very responsible in his own zone. He had a good preseason and was +4. He will be here for 10 games. If he proves himself, Homer will find a way to keep him.

Read has made the team. He will be given every chance to stay and will only be sent down if he stinks up the ice.

Homer really wants Schenn on this team. High cap hit and nursing an injury. They cannot use Lappys money (for cap purposes) until thursday. Roster submitted Wednesday.

I expect all 3 to be on the team and play. Schenn is the only of the 3 that did not earn it in preseason. I think he was only able to play 2 games because of injury.

Look for Nodl and Rinaldo to be off the roster Wednesday and then moves made on Thursday.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant we send Shelly to the minors and not have his contract count against the cap?

Has to go on waivers. Maybe no one takes him on way down, but he gets claimed if recalled.