• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cousins is the better QB

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
End of story said it last year and say it again.

Leroy Brown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
End of story said it last year and say it again.

Most definitely....RGMe never should've been a starter out the gate. Too much of a sense of entitlement for me. I remember how in training camp he was talking about "coming in and leading these guys" like he was a ten year vet. I distinctly don't remember that type of talk from any of the greats during their rookie year.

I'm not saying that was the smoking gun, but that was the first thing that bothered me about this dude.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at his hips for one,,,they protrude out,yah he is fast but very VERY injury prone it screams,ask Harold i said TWO years ago i bet he will not last four years.

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most definitely....RGMe never should've been a starter out the gate. Too much of a sense of entitlement for me. I remember how in training camp he was talking about "coming in and leading these guys" like he was a ten year vet. I distinctly don't remember that type of talk from any of the greats during their rookie year.

I'm not saying that was the smoking gun, but that was the first thing that bothered me about this dude.

Robert had all the talent in the world coming into the league, but he went in with an overly cocky attitude into a bad situation. I still remember the guy being in Subway commercials representing the NFL before he ever even took his first snap in the league. He must have let that kind of crap get to his head. Combine that with being on a team with one of the worst fields in the NFL and his stubbornness against changing his style of play to help protect himself better, and the way things played out seemed inevitable.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was that ever a question?

I think why rg3 playing is because he has more potential and if he can stay in the game is dual threat.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree ... Sad that Cousins is the true future knowing they gave up so much for RGIII.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robert had all the talent in the world coming into the league, but he went in with an overly cocky attitude into a bad situation. I still remember the guy being in Subway commercials representing the NFL before he ever even took his first snap in the league. He must have let that kind of crap get to his head. Combine that with being on a team with one of the worst fields in the NFL and his stubbornness against changing his style of play to help protect himself better, and the way things played out seemed inevitable.

How many commercials has Johnny done?

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree ... Sad that Cousins is the true future knowing they gave up so much for RGIII.
And now hoping to receive at least a 3rd round pick for him in return.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt someone's gonna say/think I've skin grafted myself to Griff's nutsack by some of the things I say here. but this is what I see/have seen after this week.

Griff - He was too damn cocky last year and too damn emotional this year. He also wants to be a QB he might simply not be cut out to be. Plus he talks too damn much and he's injury prone or so it seems. Not a great or even good list of attributes, or more to the point, deficiencies, for a QB to have, but especially for one who's team traded the farm to get him.

Cuz - 99% of the game today he looked like he could be/or become an elite QB in the NFL. Unfortunately on the other 1%. He threw an all kinds of fucked up off target pass to a wide open Andre Roberts on a 3rd 10. Roberts surely gets the first down and looked to have a lotta room to run. The score was 27-27 at the time and the Skins were on their own 35 yards line and at worst end up in Philly territory with a 1st down and mo on their side. The 4th down play on the Skins last possession was another all kinds of fucked up pass to Garcon who again was wide open. Not sure who was at fault on that play, maybe it was Garcon, but if it was Cuz. I've seen this movie before. A Skins QB lights it up for a game, but in critical mass time of the game just doesn't come through.

Only two Redskins QBs have thrown for 400+ yards in a game in the 2000s. Donny McDirtball in 2010 against the Texans, 426 yards. Kirk Cousins today against Philly, 427 yards. McNabb's Redskins lost to Houston 30-27 in OT and KC's Skins lost today 37-34 to Philly. Not exactly the greatest of company especially considering on Mcnabb's last pass of that game. He overthrew an open Santana Moss who at worst would've given the Skins a 1st n goal inside Hou's 10 yd line in OT and a great chance to win that game.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might be mental for RG3. He looks like he's playing scared sometimes.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RGIII can play. My bet is Redskins will trade Cousins by year's end. If RGIII comes back healthy (which he will), they can likely get a 1st Round pick for Cousins.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 0.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an Eagles fan I would certainly rather face RGIII, I can tell you that much. Cousins was excellent today--until the fourth quarter. It seemed the pressure of the game got to him late and he threw a bad pick and missed some open guys. But all in all, he played well enough to win a game if his defense had been even halfway decent today, his special teams unit didn't give up a 102-yard kickoff return and his kicker didn't miss a chip shot.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still 0 successful QBs to ever come out of the Big 12. Bradford and RG3 the latest to fail. Literally every single one of them are busts.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well I said this on the cowboys board when I heard RGIII got hurt.
I don't know if Cousins is better than RGIII, but he definitely a better fit for that offense.
I would rather our team face RGIII than Cousins. The injury might be a blessing in disguise for the redskins.
There offense just seems more in sync with Cousins in there.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RGIII can play. My bet is Redskins will trade Cousins by year's end. If RGIII comes back healthy (which he will), they can likely get a 1st Round pick for Cousins.

Doubtful. Kirk Cousins isn't that good; it's just that RG3 has been so bad that it's clear that Cousins is the better QB for Washington right now.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see if Cousins continues to play well and RG3 recovers this season. Do they keep Cousins as the starter? Do they try to trade one of them in the offseason?

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Cousins coming out of the draft and it looks like Shanahan was smart as hell to draft the kid even after giving up the farm to get RG3 ... It's all about results and Cousins is providing results for the Skins offense...

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO...the OP is right...today Cousins is a better NFL QB than RG3.

To be honest, it's almost unfair to these read option QBs coming into the league with a lot of hype to make a transition to a pro style OFC in a 1 or 2 years. RW in SEA has been able to do it on a fairly high level playing on a great team that doesn't rely on the QB to carry the team, nor was he hyped a lot...to some degree Cam Newton has made the transition.

WAS has a tough decision on their hands...clearly RG3 is a more talented football player, (meaning better arm, more mobile, higher ceiling) but he's more raw in terms of an NFL prospect than Cousins is who played in a more pro style OFC @ Mich St....it's a win now league so I can understand the 'Skins fans that want the more ready player in there.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator: