• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Country Music's Greatest One Hit Wonder

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Country still produce one hit wonders? Seems today once a Country Music artist has a hit, the public will buy whatever that person puts out no matter how crappy it might be.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Country still produce one hit wonders? Seems today once a Country Music artist has a hit, the public will buy whatever that person puts out no matter how crappy it might be.
Sunny Sweeney was technically a one hit wonder, but said fuck Nashville and went to Austin to start making real music

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sunny Sweeney was technically a one hit wonder, but said fuck Nashville and went to Austin to start making real music

Commercial radio is mostly dead now. They just get the top performing artists and play the same stuff over and over again. But that is the crowd they are playing too. Most of what is on radio is not Country anymore. There are only a few mainstream artists that I would consider Country anymore. The chart topping ones are getting worse in what they are doing.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Commercial radio is mostly dead now. They just get the top performing artists and play the same stuff over and over again. But that is the crowd they are playing too. Most of what is on radio is not Country anymore. There are only a few mainstream artists that I would consider Country anymore. The chart topping ones are getting worse in what they are doing.
If it doesn’t come out of Texas, Oklahoma or Kentucky, it ain’t country these days

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it doesn’t come out of Texas, Oklahoma or Kentucky, it ain’t country these days

The one artist I like from California who is mainstream is Jon Pardi. There are a few I listen to who play Country are from Texas. They don't get played on Mainstream radio

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one artist I like from California who is mainstream is Jon Pardi. There are a few I listen to who play Country are from Texas. They don't get played on Mainstream radio
I’ve never heard of the Pardi guy. Tyler Childers is my favorite modern act. Saw him and Sturgill Simpson right before the pandemic kicked in back in early March

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve never heard of the Pardi guy. Tyler Childers is my favorite modern act. Saw him and Sturgill Simpson right before the pandemic kicked in back in early March

Pardi is old school. Hard to believe he is from California and what he is putting out is far different from what the other mainstream artists are putting out today. A few of his songs made it up high in the charts. He is the only one with that sound I can think of that charts anymore. A few of the other artists I am okay with, cause the music is okay even though it isn't real country while most of it is just awful.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pardi is old school. Hard to believe he is from California and what he is putting out is far different from what the other mainstream artists are putting out today. A few of his songs made it up high in the charts. He is the only one with that sound I can think of that charts anymore. A few of the other artists I am okay with, cause the music is okay even though it isn't real country while most of it is just awful.
California has a rich history for producing country artists

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ yea, this. EOT........ don't know how it's even debatable. considering how much that one fucking song was played on the radio non stop until your ears bled. :poke:
He wasn’t a one hit wonder. Busy Man and Some Gave All we’re also hits

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tenor.gif

Lol - I was born in the late 80's.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00