• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

COUNTING UP THE BOISE STATE FOOTBALL SCHOLARSHIPS

Bronco754

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By my count Boise State currently - after TE Garrett Collingham was put on scholarship yesterday - has a total of 82 players on their team roster who are on scholarship. 40 of the 82 are Offensive players and 40 are Defensive players and 2 are Special Teams players.

IF that is correct it would mean that Boise State still has 3 scholarships left to give out for next fall. Either to other deserving walk-on players other than Garrett Collingham (Bruno De Rose perhaps). Or to incoming transfers from another school or a Junior College - such as the LB who tripped to Boise State last weekend.

Bronco754

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With yesterday's commitment of MLB Josh Booker-Brown, a transfer from Pearl River C.C. in Mississippi, to Boise State that now brings the "count" of scholarship football players at Boise State up to 83 now.

Boise State football nabs late 2019 commitment in junior college linebacker

Things I am curious to know is why is Josh Booker-Brown just a "commitment"? Why not sign the Letter of Intent and be actually committed rather than just verbally committed at this point? The first game is less than 3 months away now.

Secondly why go after a Middle Linebacker when what Boise State needs DESPERATELY is another Cornerback? The lack of depth at BOTH cornerback spots for 2019 is (or SHOULD BE) alarming. Also Boise State already has 3 guys who are very capable who can play the MLB spot, i.e., Benton Wickersham (JR - started 1 game last fall at MLB), Ezekiel Noa (RS SO - Started 3 games at WLB last fall but has the size to play MLB) and RS Freshman D. J. Schramm. Plus incoming True Freshman Lolani Langi.