• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Could Earl Return?

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most of us would take a healthy ET back, but I don't think he would want to come back.

What difference would it make if he's still miffed about breaking his leg? He is under contract after all, and if he's healthy he should be professional enough to do the job he's paid for. And like I mentioned earlier, if Seattle wins it's wildcard game and goes to the second round of the playoffs they will be only 2 wins away from another shot at a title. I know Earl is pissy because he didn't get the contract he wanted and he ended up getting hurt, but the guys who want to be remembered as the best ever at their position have a deep desire to win championships. If ( a very big "IF") we made it to the SB (or even Conference championship game) and Earl was healthy, there is no way in hell he'd not want to play in that game. Guy's like him just want to win this time of year.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What difference would it make if he's still miffed about breaking his leg? He is under contract after all, and if he's healthy he should be professional enough to do the job he's paid for. And like I mentioned earlier, if Seattle wins it's wildcard game and goes to the second round of the playoffs they will be only 2 wins away from another shot at a title. I know Earl is pissy because he didn't get the contract he wanted and he ended up getting hurt, but the guys who want to be remembered as the best ever at their position have a deep desire to win championships. If ( a very big "IF") we made it to the SB (or even Conference championship game) and Earl was healthy, there is no way in hell he'd not want to play in that game. Guy's like him just want to win this time of year.

I agree with everything you say and yes most guys would want to return to play in the most meaningful games of the year but don't you think ET has mentally checked out months ago only thing on his mind is that final contract in FA.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with everything you say and yes most guys would want to return to play in the most meaningful games of the year but don't you think ET has mentally checked out months ago only thing on his mind is that final contract in FA.

Nothing that Earl Thomas has ever done in his career leads me to think he's mentally weak or that he would check-out of a game simply because he was mad at the team. Hell, he was playing great football for us in the 4 games before he got hurt, and he was definitely playing while pissed at the team for those games. And for a playoff game I think he'd be ready to go and he'd give it everything he's got. I just think that's type of personality he has.

And if he could put together a couple really good playoff games and show his health isn't an issue it can only help him when the season ends and he goes looking for his next big payday and contract. Honestly, if he's healthy he should be DEMANDING to play.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing that Earl Thomas has ever done in his career leads me to think he's mentally weak or that he would check-out of a game simply because he was mad at the team. Hell, he was playing great football for us in the 4 games before he got hurt, and he was definitely playing while pissed at the team for those games. And for a playoff game I think he'd be ready to go and he'd give it everything he's got. I just think that's type of personality he has.

And if he could put together a couple really good playoff games and show his health isn't an issue it can only help him when the season ends and he goes looking for his next big payday and contract. Honestly, if he's healthy he should be DEMANDING to play.

A healthy ET only makes the team stronger, that I agree but you have to look at his attitude from the start of last years off season up till the time he got carted off the field. If Seattle can move on to the second round, I hope ET proves me wrong and plays.

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had too many players whose self importance had become so great that it was detrimental to the team. We are doing more this year with less talent then we did last year. Why, more heart and more players buying in. Thank you Earl for your time with the team but we are now probably better off without you. Large amounts of money and games changes many people and not for the better. Sherman, Thomas and Bennett just were not the same people they were in 2013

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good point... If he played great in the postseason, it would only help his case when looking for a new team/contract next year… He'd have a chance to how teams that the injury isn't going to effect him next season...

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would keep a eye on Cleveland as well.

They have 58 million in cap room, 86 if trim fat, and they are a up and coming team.

Damn, Feels like a long time since I said that. Cleveland being up and Coming.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tag Earl and trade him for Antonio Brown.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$13m for one of the best WRs in the league doesnt seem like that much, especially if the trade is basically free for us.

Extremely unlikely to happen either way.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$13m for one of the best WRs in the league doesnt seem like that much, especially if the trade is basically free for us.

Extremely unlikely to happen either way.

AB isn't going anywhere. Steelers would have 21Mil dead cap this up coming year and somewhere north of 12Mil the following year.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AB isn't going anywhere. Steelers would have 21Mil dead cap this up coming year and somewhere north of 12Mil the following year.

Not exactly - if they trade him pre-June 1, and eat the $21 million dead cap (which actually saves them a million before any other conciderations), then they'll be done with his cap number after 2019. If they trade him after June 1, then they'll only cover $7 million in dead money in 2019 and then pay the remaining $14 million in 2020.

I don't think it's realistic to think this would be a deal that would happen anyway - even if the Seahawks wanted him. If this did even come close to happening - then Baldwin would be done here and they'd have to cut him to make up for the salary Brown brings in this situation - and I'd rather have Doug.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can Earl return? No he was not designated as a return when put on IR.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not exactly - if they trade him pre-June 1, and eat the $21 million dead cap (which actually saves them a million before any other conciderations), then they'll be done with his cap number after 2019. If they trade him after June 1, then they'll only cover $7 million in dead money in 2019 and then pay the remaining $14 million in 2020.

I don't think it's realistic to think this would be a deal that would happen anyway - even if the Seahawks wanted him. If this did even come close to happening - then Baldwin would be done here and they'd have to cut him to make up for the salary Brown brings in this situation - and I'd rather have Doug.

Well damn it, that article I read forgot about those stats.

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can Earl return? No he was not designated as a return when put on IR.

You don't have to designate the player as IR-return ahead of time anymore. They changed that rule a year or two ago. You just have to designate them as such when you want to activate them to try and get them back to the active roster.