• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Could Earl Return?

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete laughed......Frank was right when he said it's no longer Sherms team which also means their time has passed.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earl hasn't practiced or played in months.

Displacing the chemistry of the secondary crew that fought to get Seahawks to where they are would be a big, unforgivable mistake.

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not this year

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even think Earl would come back if he could...

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With him flipping the bird after his injury, we all know the answer. Sad, he has such a great work ethic and was one of the leaders of the defense...

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here’s the big question, is he wearing a Seahawks hat or Cowboys hat during the first round playoffs when they face each other?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there's a greater chance Kam comes back in 2019 than ET comes back to Seattle this season or ever.

Nod4Eight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.26
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s gone. Earl doesn’t want to be there and the young secondary has been playing pretty good. Welol, at least better than expected. Don’t mess with the chemistry they are building.

Thanks for the memories Earl.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His whole family moved out of Washington and back to Texas I think there is a 0 chance he comes back and I don't think management would want him back with the success this team is having without him even though the defense could use some help. I see the team going in another direction with their cap space

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In theory I don't see why he couldn't come back to play for us in the playoffs if healthy enough. He broke his leg about 12 or 13 weeks ago which is definitely enough for the bone to heal. A typical leg break takes about 6 to 8 weeks to heal for most adults. But I don't know what else was involved in ET's leg break. Maybe his rehab will take longer. But if we manage to get to the second round of the playoffs then it will have been nearly 4 months (15 weeks) since ET's injury. So I don't think it is unrealistic to believe he could make it back as far as his health goes.

Next, would be the concern about his willingness to play. And I don't think that would be problem in all honesty. He's a pro and has always acted in pretty professional manner. He'd play for the Hawks even if he was pissed at them. Hell, he already proved he'd be willing to play for them while he's mad during the first 4 games of the season. Not to mention if we make the second round of the playoffs it means we are only a couple wins away from another SB appearance. I think that alone would be motivation enough for Earl Thomas to play hard. And a good showing in the playoffs would be a good way to show teams he's healthy for next season too. It would probably increase his value if can play.

Last, if you are worried that he'll mess with the team chemistry in the secondary I think you can forget about that concern. I'll take Earl Thomas any day in our secondary. He instantly makes that part of the field better as far as our defense is concerned. I'd welcome him back in a heart beat. I mean our defense has been ok but it's not like they've played lights out or anything. Our pass defense is sitting at 20th in the league so I don't see any down side in putting Earl Thomas back there if he is healthy enough to play.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got the money, Earl Thomas with Aaron Donald in front of him, sounds great
A lot like the 2018 Rams defense....sounded great back in Aug, ended up being middle of the pack.

ET is still an awesome player, but I think at this point you have to view him as a player who isn't all that durable at this stage of his career. I guess 2017 wasn't too bad with 14 games played, but he's been injured each of the past 3 seasons. Great talent, but buyer beware.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot like the 2018 Rams defense....sounded great back in Aug, ended up being middle of the pack.

ET is still an awesome player, but I think at this point you have to view him as a player who isn't all that durable at this stage of his career. I guess 2017 wasn't too bad with 14 games played, but he's been injured each of the past 3 seasons. Great talent, but buyer beware.

You can't a great defense, if you have shit at LBer, right now only our defensive line and secondary make plays

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got the money, Earl Thomas with Aaron Donald in front of him, sounds great

Don't the Rams have less cap space than the Cowboys? Why would Earl go to the Rams over the team he's already stated he wants to play for?

Honestly, with Goff looking to make big money the year after next (even his 5th year option would cost north of $28 million) and Earl looking for what Cooks is currently making, it would make the Rams a little too top heavy in their contracts. If that happens, the 2020 Rams would have over half their payroll in 5 players and the next 5 taking up nearly 20% more. With the Rams situation and young talent getting paid - I don't think you really want Earl eating that much money.

Granted, that's what he's looking for - doesn't mean that's what he'll get.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't the Rams have less cap space than the Cowboys? Why would Earl go to the Rams over the team he's already stated he wants to play for?

Honestly, with Goff looking to make big money the year after next (even his 5th year option would cost north of $28 million) and Earl looking for what Cooks is currently making. If that happens, the 2020 Rams would have over half their payroll in 5 players and the next 5 taking up nearly 20% more. With the Rams situation and young talent getting paid - I don't think you really want Earl eating that much money.

Granted, that's what he's looking for - doesn't mean that's what he'll get.

I broke Rams cap situation down in the NFL forum, basically they have 40 million next year, a few moves and it will be 65 million. With no big free agent worth keeping for more than 5 per

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I broke Rams cap situation down in the NFL forum, basically they have 40 million next year, a few moves and it will be 65 million. With no big free agent worth keeping for more than 5 per

Understood, but Cowboys are currently at $51 for next season and $115 for 2020, and that's not even adjusting to create more space by cutting guys like, i.e. Allen Hurns. I've not seen any whispers that say that Thomas is looking to go to the Rams. Not that it isn't true, but it's a little out of left field.

If the Rams get him - they'll get a hell of a player. Maybe they could get him to sign a Richard Sherman type deal.