• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Could Andre Iguodala eventually head back to the Nuggets at some point this season?

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Lakers seemingly having burned their final roster spot on Dwight Howard, Iggy's options likely have gotten somewhat thinner if Memphis were to hypothetically have a change in heart and buy him out.

Denver is one of the teams to have expressed interest, and to those who may have forgotten - He did spend one season as a member of the Nuggets (2012-13). A couple of things to note if this were to come to fruition:

1) Nuggets fans in general are sour on the way he left. Like in my (other) case with Paul George, it wasn't the fact that he left that was the cause of our bitterness towards him. It was strictly about how he left, namely his buddy-buddy antics with Steph Curry during our playoff series with Golden State that prior spring.

2) Also like Paul George, it's also been proven that he made the correct decision to leave, and for multiple reasons.

3) Unlike Paul George, the ultimate excuse-maker, I would be willing to welcome him back to my team if he so chose to, for he would provide some valuable veteran depth.

We'll just have to wait and see how his situation unfolds with Memphis.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not saying much, he'd do it for the chance at a Whopper Jr. as well.

giphy.gif

Can't argue that

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Warriors brought back Chris Webber, anything is possible.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iggy would be a good depth pickup for any team. Denver would be a good landing spot for him.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team that could honestly use him the most is the Bucks. He'd be a crucial secondary play maker off the bench, probably still their best perimeter defender and he's got championship experience to help push that team in the right direction.

But mostly I hope he goes there to remind Giannis how awesome it is to play with Steph Curry.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dwight Howard is a non-guaranteed contract - so the bottom line is they basically signed him with an agreement in place that they could dump his sorry ass any time they want to for a better player which if Iggy became available would send Howard the Coward packing

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dwight Howard is a non-guaranteed contract - so the bottom line is they basically signed him with an agreement in place that they could dump his sorry ass any time they want to for a better player which if Iggy became available would send Howard the Coward packing

Probably not Dwight but more likely THT or Dudley

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team that could honestly use him the most is the Bucks. He'd be a crucial secondary play maker off the bench, probably still their best perimeter defender and he's got championship experience to help push that team in the right direction.

But mostly I hope he goes there to remind Giannis how awesome it is to play with Steph Curry.

He will sign with the Bucks on a team friendly deal. - buckalis

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol

No they won't. They needed a center after Boogie got hurt. Iggy isn't a center.

If Iggy becomes available and they can get him, they'll cut somebody, but it won't be Dwight unless he's acting a fool (in which case, he'd be getting cut anyway).

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

No they won't. They needed a center after Boogie got hurt. Iggy isn't a center.

If Iggy becomes available and they can get him, they'll cut somebody, but it won't be Dwight unless he's acting a fool (in which case, he'd be getting cut anyway).
I will bet you 200 in V cash that he doesnt last the season:lol:

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will sign with the Bucks on a team friendly deal. - buckalis

Andre Iguodala will waive his veteran minimum fee and take a team friendly deal, which includes him providing his own transportation and lodging for away games.

cooljack

Destroyer of Worlds
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mean to sound like Debbie Downer here but who really gives a rat's ass? Iguodala might make Denver about .001% better but he could also make them .002% worse. Just sayi ng.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mean to sound like Debbie Downer here but who really gives a rat's ass? Iguodala might make Denver about .001% better but he could also make them .002% worse. Just sayi ng.

His biggest contribution would be off the court. He will help them on the court because he knows his role, stays in it and knows how to play.

But off the court, he's the perfect veteran to show those kids how to be NBA players. He'll shorten their learning curve fairly significantly, imo.

cooljack

Destroyer of Worlds
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His biggest contribution would be off the court. He will help them on the court because he knows his role, stays in it and knows how to play.

But off the court, he's the perfect veteran to show those kids how to be NBA players. He'll shorten their learning curve fairly significantly, imo.

Good post.