• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Costas fired by NBC

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Costas after hearing he was dumped from the SB coverage.

:hurt:

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen, when your career is fading fast and you were a smug little shit in your prime anyway ..

It's helpful to make shit up about why your are losing gigs. (and painting yourself as some half-assed hero to boot)

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBC had the right to drop him as he's more concerned with giving his political point of view rather than cover the SB objectively.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen, when your career is fading fast and you were a smug little shit in your prime anyway ..

It's helpful to make shit up about why your are losing gigs. (and painting yourself as some half-assed hero to boot)

Yes he likes to portray himself as a crusader rather than a serious sports journalist.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Costas had two solid things going for him when he was an up-n-comer: A great broadcasting 'voice' and a sharp insight to whichever sport he was broadcasting, baseball in particular. But then his annoyance began when he became national and therefore felt he had the right to opine on all matters, even those non-sports related. He developed this annoying habit of talking in measured, often lecturing terms, as if he's implying to everyone, "Listen carefully to what I'm saying because it's very important and you know I'm right." When folks like him start taking on that personna, that's when I start changing the channel.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it funny how strictly the NFL & NHL try to control their narratives... Especially in this day & age of social media & opposing media outlets.

Do they really think censoring these people is a good idea? The backlash from these stories coming out just makes them look worse.

Don't feel any pity for Costas though. You have to be pretty arrogant if you think marring the image of your employer on national TV is a good career move.

But I find it hysterical that the loudest voices against the NFL are the ones who have taken NFL money for years.

And when the NFL money stops ...suddenly they become angels of righteousness who have sacrificed everything for the cause.