• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Defensive Backs

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can sign whomever they want to put in that secondary, but until I see better scheming it’s nothing more than lipstick on the pig.
Yep. It just doesn't matter who you run out there if you aren't going to put them in position to succeed.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. It just doesn't matter who you run out there if you aren't going to put them in position to succeed.
That's why it's important to make FA acquisitions at CB, rather than draft.

Dudes who were trained by someone else, not our idiots.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wonder if theres anyone else out there, lower level , that can be of use

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, new agent.

Can't blame him for wanting a long term deal...2 seasons of near starter like snaps and played pretty well, but no leverage though.

If he doesn't piss off anybody in the FO or staff, I can see them giving him a low level deal similar to AVill….when can they afford to do it is the question....this is where they really get fucked on the Brown deal. Fortunately it's only one season....no carryover to 2020 with him.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's a weird situation...for a team that's struggling to get even 4 good DBs on the field, they've found a diamond in the rough but for some reason reluctant to give him a longer term deal.

I know they are tight on the cap, but I have to think once they get this huge dead money hit off the books they will lock him up...or at least I hope.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems silly to do it before camp...i dunno....
The only reason to do this before camp is they won’t have to pay him a bonus. But waiting until after mini camp is odd because I don’t see what he will do to prove his worth then vs the last few years?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason to do this before camp is they won’t have to pay him a bonus. But waiting until after mini camp is odd because I don’t see what he will do to prove his worth then vs the last few years?
Exactly... it’s football in shorts. Tomlin knows he won’t get anything more out of him in minicamp. This story feels like a mute point.

I think Artie will get his bonus and fight for a spot in training camp.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think I read somewhere he has an 800k bonus due at some point in the near future...I think the bottom line here...do they want to spend 800k to get 1 more look at this player, or do they feel there is enough talent in the CB room to cut their losses now.

I have a sense they probably think there is enough talent in the CB room, but could also be waiting it out to see if they get a call for him in a trade. They may feel a late round pick is worth 800k...either way I don't expect him to be on the 53 this yr unless somebody goes down in camp.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly... it’s football in shorts. Tomlin knows he won’t get anything more out of him in minicamp. This story feels like a mute point.

I think Artie will get his bonus and fight for a spot in training camp.

I think they may be willing to sacrifice the 800k just to see what he looks like in camp and maybe they get a fish on the hook for a trade.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I read somewhere he has an 800k bonus due at some point in the near future...I think the bottom line here...do they want to spend 800k to get 1 more look at this player, or do they feel there is enough talent in the CB room to cut their losses now.

I have a sense they probably think there is enough talent in the CB room, but could also be waiting it out to see if they get a call for him in a trade. They may feel a late round pick is worth 800k...either way I don't expect him to be on the 53 this yr unless somebody goes down in camp.

Yeah it is due at the start of training camp.
And I agree I doubt he makes and team and that seems to be the only logical thought is a trade with the hope a team realizes they have zero depth at CB after mini camp.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it is due at the start of training camp.
And I agree I doubt he makes and team and that seems to be the only logical thought is a trade with the hope a team realizes they have zero depth at CB after mini camp.

Young, has a good skillset in terms size, speed, etc...1st rd pick...there is a chance a team might feel he's a better scheme fit for them and make an offer. With a cap hit around 3 mil and some savings if released, he would need to have a huge camp to make it....Bucs have upgraded their starting CBs but I can see them looking for depth, Arians likes Steeler cast offs....he won't last long on the waiver wire, but may not yield anymore than 6th-7th rd pick in trade.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D89gl87WkAA6vRW

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:hope:

They can put 3 NFL caliber CBs out there this yr.
Hope so! Looking forward to seeing what Nelson brings. Although I’m still going to remain pessimistic about the secondary until proven wrong!

Would like to see them lockup Hilton long term though. But they may opt to get Haden extended first.