• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Defensive Backs

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...out of the 3, the FO will make a bigger effort to keep Dupree even if it comes down to the tag imo as well.

I think Barron, Hargrave, and Hilton will be on new teams next year. I agree on Sutton taking over the slot...based on his play of late, that should not be a big drop off.

The issue will be inside...I don't think they will have much of a problem finding a run stuffing NT, but a penetrating playmaker like Hargrave, I doubt it from the draft...another reason they will make every effort to retain Dupree for 2020.

Well...next year is not quite here yet, but looking at the roster...we knew Hargrave, and most felt Barron would be gone. Hilton is still here. We need to see Nelson repeat his level of play and maybe Edmunds improves slightly, but this is the strongest secondary we've seen in PIT in a long time.

NT...Sounds like they're going to throw some bodies at the position and see who sticks. I'm still concerned they have not paid enough attention here. We shall see.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I don't disagree with what you told us initially, and I saw similar reports. I was not digging at you. He just seems to be a really nice fit here. For what the chiefs were doing, he wasn't needed. Heck you still when healthy had a top ten D...

Chiefs play a lot more man than PIT does...maybe that was his issue in KC...but when asked to play man here he did a good job....I still need to see Nelson do it again, but LY was good.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...next year is not quite here yet, but looking at the roster...we knew Hargrave, and most felt Barron would be gone. Hilton is still here. We need to see Nelson repeat his level of play and maybe Edmunds improves slightly, but this is the strongest secondary we've seen in PIT in a long time.

NT...Sounds like they're going to throw some bodies at the position and see who sticks. I'm still concerned they have not paid enough attention here. We shall see.
NT... Quality vs Quantity... It appears Tomlin has opted for quantity this year in hopes that someone rises from the ranks. Not a bad choice in theory lol. Especially if you're only looking to plug a hole and not necessarily replace someone's impact.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's absolutely worth that 2nd round tender. Glad no one bit.

one-year, $3.259 million.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's absolutely worth that 2nd round tender. Glad no one bit.

one-year, $3.259 million.

Agreed...your #1 Slot guy is playing 70% of the snaps...worthy of ah 2nd imo.

Teams just are reluctant I guess to part ways with a 2nd rounder for a guy that was undrafted...even if he's one of the top players at his position.

Idk why the FO hasn't been a little more aggressive signing this guy long term...I'm a Sutton guy, but he's better than Sutton, so what's the hold up?

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed...your #1 Slot guy is playing 70% of the snaps...worthy of ah 2nd imo.

Teams just are reluctant I guess to part ways with a 2nd rounder for a guy that was undrafted...even if he's one of the top players at his position.

Idk why the FO hasn't been a little more aggressive signing this guy long term...I'm a Sutton guy, but he's better than Sutton, so what's the hold up?
He's better, but Sutton developed really well this past season. And in moneyball that might be close enough.

I still hope they try, though.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's better, but Sutton developed really well this past season. And in moneyball that might be close enough.

I still hope they try, though.

Yep...Sutton is a little bigger (almost 6'), they will give him snaps outside whereas they mostly view Hilton inside.

The guy that needs to be getting ready is Justin Layne...but it's (development) going to have to be in practice...barring injury...ST is the only field action I can see for him until Haden retires.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hilton... Very happy that nobody jumped on him. He’s earned a better contract many times over. I wonder if he holds out if they don’t offer him anything this summer. He’s done everything right so far, at least in terms of good faith. Ball is in Colbert’s court to do the right thing.

Layne... Hoping to see this kid get some relief snaps this year. I was a big fan of his college film. Need to see him take a step up this year.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pay the man!

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feel bad for the guy.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even understand how this makes sense... Joe & Nelson have been gettin cooked this year

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even understand how this makes sense... Joe & Nelson have been gettin cooked this year

I don't think that's seeing the whole picture.

They have lost on some big plays, but overall those pass rushing stats our front 7 are posting are helped by good coverage down the field.