• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Defensive Backs

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EOp-6CnXkAUvCtO

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. I knew Nelson was a good get but this was QUIET.

And Gilmore is the one that everyone is talking about for Defensive MVP. Over Watt.
Lookin at the overall numbers I think Nelson was easily a top 10 outside CB last year, if not top 3-5. Stellar year.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lookin at the overall numbers I think Nelson was easily a top 10 outside CB last year, if not top 3-5. Stellar year.
What an excellent signing. 3/25mill is a bargain for that level play.

Man... I missed a lot trying to keep up with my lush Aunt this year haha.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What an excellent signing. 3/25mill is a bargain for that level play.

Man... I missed a lot trying to keep up with my lush Aunt this year haha.
Defense is stacked. Only question marks are ROLB (Dupree) & DT/NT (Hargrave). Both are set to hit the market. Many of us are suspecting the tag is in play for Dupree. Also Hilton may have priced himself out of PIT. Steelers are cap strapped right now. But I'm not as worried about losing him with Sutton playing so well.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense is stacked. Only question marks are ROLB (Dupree) & DT/NT (Hargrave). Both are set to hit the market. Many of us are suspecting the tag is in play for Dupree. Also Hilton may have priced himself out of PIT. Steelers are cap strapped right now. But I'm not as worried about losing him with Sutton playing so well.
It can go from stacked, to a liability in an instant.

Look at how much it changed with just the addition of Minkah.

You create another hole with a LB who plays like Dupree pre-2019, or lose the pressure percentages of Javon, and things can turn sour real quick.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You create another hole with a LB who plays like Dupree pre-2019, or lose the pressure percentages of Javon, and things can turn sour real quick.
Fair point. I've been of the belief that the secondary needed a field general type FS for many years. But the battles are won & lost up front. Getting Tuitt back healthy is going to help. He makes anyone's job easier on the outside edge.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair point. I've been of the belief that the secondary needed a field general type FS for many years. But the battles are won & lost up front. Getting Tuitt back healthy is going to help. He makes anyone's job easier on the outside edge.
Tuitt is a freaking monster. But he's brittle. A lot like McDonald.

A shame. I think I'd rather trade away Tuitt to keep Javon if I could only keep one, and was able to make that choice.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep...out of the 3, the FO will make a bigger effort to keep Dupree even if it comes down to the tag imo as well.

I think Barron, Hargrave, and Hilton will be on new teams next year. I agree on Sutton taking over the slot...based on his play of late, that should not be a big drop off.

The issue will be inside...I don't think they will have much of a problem finding a run stuffing NT, but a penetrating playmaker like Hargrave, I doubt it from the draft...another reason they will make every effort to retain Dupree for 2020.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's going to thin out.

DL...Hargrave is soon to be gone. Maybe they try work with McCullers as the run stopping NT. I don't think Buggs is that guy. I do think Buggs steps into the depth rotation in lieu of Alualu. Tuitt coming back makes replacing Hargrave a little easier because they can settle for a 2 down big body.

ILB probably won't be as stacked as it is now...Barron is almost a certain cap casualty, Can Matakevich survive another season as the ST defacto leader?

OLB...Chick is too expensive for his production, especially if they buck up for Dupree.

Slot CB...Hilton will move on to a richer cap team and Sutton will likely be the new starting slot (who will be the new dime? Layne?)

CB...Burns will find another home, they are going to roll with Haden, and Nelson

Safety...imo they are set with Fitz and Edmonds...backups are totally up in the air.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't have a Safety or DB thread so I'll just put this here...

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Haden
2. Nelson
3. Hilton
4. Sutton
5. Layne

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from weakness to strength. Remember when we thought layne may be a top 2-3 on this team
Yep. Before we really knew anything about Nelson. Very under the radar signing at the time. Colbert knocked it outta the park. Not to mention the top 3 CBs on this team weren't drafted by Colbert. Awesome FA work.

I seem to remember, at the time, we were under the belief that they were still hell-bent on resurrecting Artie Burns lol.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Before we really knew anything about Nelson. Very under the radar signing at the time. Colbert knocked it outta the park. Not to mention the top 3 CBs on this team weren't drafted by Colbert. Awesome FA work.

I seem to remember, at the time, we were under the belief that they were still hell-bent on resurrecting Artie Burns lol.
I think they still were hell bent on resurrecting him. I believe @There is A Moose at 3rd said we Would be very disappointed in Nelson, as did a lot of prognosticators. I'm happy AF with him.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they still were hell bent on resurrecting him. I believe @There is A Moose at 3rd said we Would be very disappointed in Nelson, as did a lot of prognosticators. I'm happy AF with him.
We will see. He seems to fit better in Pittsburgh than what KC was doing with Sutton.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will see. He seems to fit better in Pittsburgh than what KC was doing with Sutton.

Sometimes it the coaches. They don't use a guy correctly and he "never fits". Another coach sees something different in the same guy and plays him in a different grouping. He seems to come out of a hell and excels. Was it the coach or the group of guys he's playing with. Many things make a player and being able to define what that player can do best is the key.

Why was Carl Van Noy unknown or never given a chance in Detroit? Why did he blossom in New England? He got put in the right position with the right surrounding players. I think it can be said for nearly every player in NFL. Wrong spot, wrong team mates equals failure. Right spot, right team mates equals success,

Would Tyreek Hill be as successful if he was with the Jaguars or Jets?? Would Mahomes be as successful with the Bengals or Chargers? Andy Reid and the Chiefs are the perfect setting for both men, no denying. It makes one wonder how many other players will never polish their start because they're in the wrong place and have the wrong coach.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I don't disagree with what you told us initially, and I saw similar reports. I was not digging at you. He just seems to be a really nice fit here. For what the chiefs were doing, he wasn't needed. Heck you still when healthy had a top ten D...