• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Contract year players

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Contract-year RT La'el Collins hopes to re-sign with the Cowboys.
"I would love to stay in Dallas my entire career," Collins said. "I love everything about the whole organization and what they’ve done for me as a person and as a player." Unfortunately for Collins, the Cowboys have more pressing concerns when it comes to contract extensions, but he is coming off the best season of his career and could make a case for a new deal with another strong campaign. Collins is currently scheduled to earn around $8.5 million in the final year of his deal.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Collins will sign elsewhere and William's will be the RT next season. Collins has been a solid player,but to me he just seems like an underachiever.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The players I think are high priorities are Dak,Zeke,Amari,Jaylon Smith .

Byron Jones needs to start picking the ball off or no extension if I were the GM.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Collins will sign elsewhere and William's will be the RT next season. Collins has been a solid player,but to me he just seems like an underachiever.

I was higher on him than should be. 8.5 seems like too much and not where he should start the next contract.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Relations between Ezekiel Elliott, Cowboys aren't strained but this week's contract talks will be crucial

Elliott's potential options

1. Sit out of camp & dig in for a prolonged holdout

2. sit out the start of camp but report by Aug 6th, which would preserve his accrued 4th season & keep him on track for unrestricted FA following his 5th season

3. report to camp under his current deal & continue to press the extension

This is why you wont see much holding out on a rookie deal.

he will only realistically do #2 or 3. Which I am cool with either.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Ezekiel Elliott’s 3 potential options
The source said Elliott and his camp made plans to take this week to assess the options on the table before coming to a consensus before camp starts. The source added that options are basically broken into three tiers:

• Elliott sits out of camp and digs in for a prolonged holdout.
  • Elliott sits out the start of camp but reports by Aug. 6, which would preserve his accrued fourth season and keep him on track for unrestricted free agency following his fifth season.
  • Elliott reports for camp under his current deal and continues to press for an extension."
If he picks option 1, screw 'em. Let him sit out until he is homeless.
If he picks option 2, I'm fine with that. No real long term harm and gives us a chance to see the kids a little.
If he picks option 3, good for him. Do things the right way. Nothing wrong with sticking up for yourself, but when you hurt the team you need to pay the price.

I still say Zeke won't miss a game. If he does sit out, I wouldn't be shocked if Jerry caves. He brings up the Emmitt hold out all the time. He has always based his decisions on past events. I don't think he can see the long term harm it would cause a team with a bunch of young stars to let one of them force a new contract this way.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
y
"Ezekiel Elliott’s 3 potential options
The source said Elliott and his camp made plans to take this week to assess the options on the table before coming to a consensus before camp starts. The source added that options are basically broken into three tiers:

• Elliott sits out of camp and digs in for a prolonged holdout.
  • Elliott sits out the start of camp but reports by Aug. 6, which would preserve his accrued fourth season and keep him on track for unrestricted free agency following his fifth season.
  • Elliott reports for camp under his current deal and continues to press for an extension."
If he picks option 1, screw 'em. Let him sit out until he is homeless.
If he picks option 2, I'm fine with that. No real long term harm and gives us a chance to see the kids a little.
If he picks option 3, good for him. Do things the right way. Nothing wrong with sticking up for yourself, but when you hurt the team you need to pay the price.

I still say Zeke won't miss a game. If he does sit out, I wouldn't be shocked if Jerry caves. He brings up the Emmitt hold out all the time. He has always based his decisions on past events. I don't think he can see the long term harm it would cause a team with a bunch of young stars to let one of them force a new contract this way.
yeah thats my point too. He will miss zero games. maybe a little less wear from camp. That is if he ever really was considering holding out.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
y

yeah thats my point too. He will miss zero games. maybe a little less wear from camp. That is if he ever really was considering holding out.
I dont get the holdout talk. I could see it happening next offseason,but now seems kind of early.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont get the holdout talk. I could see it happening next offseason,but now seems kind of early.
that is the thing. With a rookie contract. it isnt even realistic.
Someone probably asked Zeke in a certain way a question. & is using it as yep he is on his way to holding out.
No offense. but Rookies has zero leverage. It is what it is.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone the other day on tv suggested that the Zeke holdout talk was created by JJ as a ploy to help in the contract negotiations with Dak. To say hey Dak we gotta re-sign Zeke or you are gonna be in a rough spot with out your star RB, if he misses games. Maybe that way he agrees to a small discount. I dont know how much water this could hold but it makes for an interesting conversation. If it created enough buzz for each of them to agree to take a few less dollars to help out the team and each other, it would make sense. Hell if I was running the team, I would probably take the chance and see if it would work, seems you dont stand to lose much if you are intent on signing them both anyway.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone the other day on tv suggested that the Zeke holdout talk was created by JJ as a ploy to help in the contract negotiations with Dak. To say hey Dak we gotta re-sign Zeke or you are gonna be in a rough spot with out your star RB, if he misses games. Maybe that way he agrees to a small discount. I dont know how much water this could hold but it makes for an interesting conversation. If it created enough buzz for each of them to agree to take a few less dollars to help out the team and each other, it would make sense. Hell if I was running the team, I would probably take the chance and see if it would work, seems you dont stand to lose much if you are intent on signing them both anyway.
Two problems here. 1. Jerry doesn't leak he likes to just say whatever face in camera. 2. If thus isn't Zeke,wouldn't it be cleared up with one phone call.

Now I suppose anything is possible, but it sounds like those guys were just throwing shit against the wall for a conversation piece.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is the thing. With a rookie contract. it isnt even realistic.
Someone probably asked Zeke in a certain way a question. & is using it as yep he is on his way to holding out.
No offense. but Rookies has zero leverage. It is what it is.
I was thinking he (or his agent) floated the rumor on purpose to try to get a deal but that he has no intention of sitting out. It's just horrible timing for him for so many reasons

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I suppose anything is possible, but it sounds like those guys were just throwing shit against the wall for a conversation piece.
This

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking he (or his agent) floated the rumor on purpose to try to get a deal but that he has no intention of sitting out. It's just horrible timing for him for so many reasons
I heard it was B.S. rumor stated by Mike Florio.