• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Conspiracy Theory

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After Peter Laviolette failed to make the list of finalists for the Jack Adams Award Monday, Philadelphia was officially shut out from the NHL postseason awards recognition. [Perhaps] I should investigate into the actual existence into the N.H.W.A.P.F -- the National Hockey Writers Against the Philadelphia Flyers -- which is simply an extension of the P.H.W.A. (Professional Hockey Writers Association). Just how many members comprise the N.H.W.A.P.F., I'm not quite sure. However, this group of secretive scribes has not only excluded Laviolette as an Adams finalist in the past few weeks, but also Claude Giroux as a finalist for the Hart Trophy as MVP and Matt Read as one three finalists for the Calder Trophy.

CSN Philly

Fuckers

The whole lot of 'em

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really mind Giroux not getting the Hart. It's not supposed to be a points trophy, and quite frankly I think we are still in the playoffs without him. Probably a lower seed, but still in. I'd probably nominate Quick, Lundqvist, Malkin, with G at number 4. Stamkos is at number 150, right behind Simmonds and Couturier.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really mind Giroux not getting the Hart. It's not supposed to be a points trophy, and quite frankly I think we are still in the playoffs without him. Probably a lower seed, but still in. I'd probably nominate Quick, Lundqvist, Malkin, with G at number 4. Stamkos is at number 150, right behind Simmonds and Couturier.

i dont mind the G one either.. the GM of the year is the one that irks me the most..

disagree on stamkos though.. my guess is your opinion stems from them not making the playoffs which is completely legit and why i dont think he should be a finalist.. but that team is straight dog shit without him, so he's probably top 10 to me still haha

i dont like MVP's being goalies just because they're kinda by nature an MVP.. though, this season is a little different because quick/lundqvist have pretty decent backups too, same goes for thomas, so they might've been ok without them.. plus they have thier own trophy (vezina)

IMO it should hands down go to malkin this year.. without him the pens woulda been screwed this season

other finalists.. i dont really know.. if karlsson wasn't the engine that drove the sens, he was at least steering.. i'd be ok w/ him getting a nomination.. giroux, sorta, the flyers won cause of depth, not really cause of giroux (though he was very solid).. i thought giroux's biggest claim to the Hart came in round 1 of the playoffs, which doesnt count in the voting.. i think backes is absolutely critical in st louis.. IMO one of the best captains in the league, especially when dealing w/ hitch (there was an article a while back about how much hitch needs a good captain like primeau cause he relies on them so much)

in all honest i dont think anyone really compares to malkin in terms of value to their team this year

fanwagon

G for C
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue that folks, hockey writers miss is that being a finalist is an award in and of itself. The flyers have a very good team so g being left out doesn't bug me either. Lavi and homer have basically rebuilt the team in less than a year. After the Pens series, the flyers are now talked about as one of the favorites. How you justify not making them finalists is beyond me

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill say it again.

The only way to show they were wrong is to win the only trophy that matters.

The Stanley Cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read got overshadowed by his teammates, and his scoring stats and season got lost in the shuffle of all the Flyers scoring for this year. Put him on most other teams, and he would have been a candidate for ROTY.