• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Connolly moved to Boston, Acquire Coburn from Flyers

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
- Tampa Bay traded Brett Connolly to the Boston Bruins in exchange for two second round picks.

Don't like this trade. I think Connolly was a nice 3rd line forward who could score and get in on the fore-check and hit. I guess Connolly future was unclear given our young forward group but for this year I think he found a nice home on the 3rd line. Fair enough you move him for the reasons you have but not a divisional foe!!! The trade of Connolly could grant Drouin a bigger role and perhaps a recall of Vladdy but to me I would prefer it if Yzerman acquires a forward to replace Connolly's shoes.

- Acquired Braydon Coburn from the Flyers for a first round pick, third round pick, and Radko Gudas.

Don't like this trade either. Coburn is an established top 4 dman and I think he's a good one but I don't like the price given he only has this year and next year left on his deal. To give up a 1st, 3rd and Gudas makes me think this is an overpayment especially given alternate options on the market. I suppose Coburn brings an element of size and physicality to our blueline something we desperately needed to add.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like these deals with vladdy coming and erne sooner or later killorn or connolly needed to move. gives yzerman 2 2nd rounders so over paying for coburn does not seem so bad. on to coburn we do analytics in tampa lightning hire those people analytics people love coburn. Hedman can stop playing with sustr now what a nightmare that was! I also don't think we are done I think we add a forward before 3 p.m today. BRENDAN O'DONNELL is also coming in next year plays in college was really good in prospect camp last year. Bolts are loaded at forward and could afford to spare connolly gives al murray two 2nd round picks to keep restocking the system.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like these deals with vladdy coming and erne sooner or later killorn or connolly needed to move. gives yzerman 2 2nd rounders so over paying for coburn does not seem so bad. on to coburn we do analytics in tampa lightning hire those people analytics people love coburn. Hedman can stop playing with sustr now what a nightmare that was! I also don't think we are done I think we add a forward before 3 p.m today. BRENDAN O'DONNELL is also coming in next year plays in college was really good in prospect camp last year. Bolts are loaded at forward and could afford to spare connolly gives al murray two 2nd round picks to keep restocking the system.

Petry goes for a 2nd and a 5th to Montreal, Michalek and a 3rd goes to St.Louis for a prospect, both of which are better deals. Yzerman grossly overpaid for Coburn, he won't pay over a 2nd for a rental but is willing to give up a 1st, 3rd and Gudas for a guy who only has this year and next year left on his deal. It also meant moving Connolly so we could get under the cap. Keep Connolly and get a rental like the Wings who have just picked up Zidlicky for a 3rd. If you are paying that for Coburn, why not pay Connolly, Gudas and a 1st for Yandle? I'm sorry but I think Yzerman got badly screwed.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong I think Coburn is a good pickup in terms of providing some much needed size physicality but the price!! I don't see the value in the deal especially when you compare it to some of the other defenseman who have been traded.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both deals suck! The Village Idiot isn't fixing what's broken he's f#*king up the team! I've been looking around the league and most teams are fixing what they're lacking...not the Lightning! Radko was a give away that WILL bite them in the arse with his hard hitting and physical play!!!!! We didn't get shit for Connolly!!!!! C'mon Village Idiot, the Bolt's Net-minders can't be the D too!!!!! Better sharpen your friggin pencil arse wipe!!!!!

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not against Gudas going, he was good at first but has evolved into just a good hitter and the rest of his play left a lot to be desired. Connolly took a long time to develop for a first rounder but recently has been a very good hustler and scorer and now I'm sorry to see him go.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coburn will wear #55, keep in mind we added a #55 by the name of Darryl Sydor at the trading deadline in 2004 and we all know what happened that year.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did we over pay for Coburn yes! people got to start seeing now we are not a rebuilding team anymore. Rangers got no first round picks till 2017 and traded there best prospect for yandle! yzerman has the rangers 1st rounder in 2015 and boston 2nd rounder in 2015, oilers 3rd rounder in 2015! we improved are present and did not destroy are future. Now for 2016 we got are first round draft pick and boston 2nd rounder and are 2nd rounder! We gave up a low first round draft pick in 2015 and a low 3rd round draft pick in 2015 and a # 6 defenseman for a # 3 defenseman in Coburn. It is a pretty fair deal when you look at it and a steal for the lightning since we had extra draft picks! nice move by yzerman I think.

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eric Brewer didn't stay with the Ducks too long, they traded him to Toronto.