• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Congrats On A Great Season

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No shame in that game last night. I was really hoping the Bengals would pull out the win. Looking toward the offseason I do feel they need to address that O Line to me it is the one glaring weakness. Best of luck next year, Congrats on a great year

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach messed his BVDs on the final drive. Mxon should have been handed the ball on every play. Rams were teeing off and stunting. Twice, Mixon had run past the DL. McVay would have beefed up the line and brought up the safeties . Then you throw the ball. Of course the officials would have hit the Bengals with offensive holding to keep the game on track.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach messed his BVDs on the final drive. Mxon should have been handed the ball on every play. Rams were teeing off and stunting. Twice, Mixon had run past the DL. McVay would have beefed up the line and brought up the safeties . Then you throw the ball. Of course the officials would have hit the Bengals with offensive holding to keep the game on track.
I know many will focus on going to the backup RB on 3rd and 1 (They did it TWICE in the game, and both times failed) - and rightfully so - but the last play for CIN really encapsulates the game/season for me.

On 4th and 1 - with Donald lined up over LG - Spain - and no pressure coming, Hopkins, the C, inexplicably blocks....NO ONE. He saw Spain matched up with Donald 1-1, and watched Donald beat him and take his lunch money, and didn't do a damned thing - and that really just illustrated the entire OL from LG through RT (Though RT played about as good as you can ask for, IMO).

Now, that's been going on all season, but really big time here because - Ramsey fell down on that play, and Chase was streaking towards the endzone uncovered. Just 1 more second, and that game is likely over, with CIN on top.

Hell of a ride, but as I keep telling others - this off-season we will find out just how invested this franchise is in winning. They've started to spend some in F/A and nailed their defensive approach. But this franchise for 30 years has refused to pay OL, including some of their own. Will they finally pony up to protect Burrow? I wish I could say "YES", but the truth is - I don't know. They have to get no less than 2 top tier OL in F/A. The guard and C market have some really, really good players available. If they don't target 1 OG and 1 C, as mad as everyone may be about Carson's comments about Burrow not staying after his contract - he may not be wrong.

I remain skeptical - but optimistic for the first time in a long time.