• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Congrats Nikola Jokic

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with what they were saying on both Dan Patrick and Cowherd today. It's a regular season award, so announce it at the end of the regular season, not in the middle of the playoffs.
Especially when they’re trying to sell people on this idea of “valuable”. How valuable are you when you’re done 6 days after the playoffs start.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like 3 of those 20 wins coming against a Draymond less Warriors? And the conferences were anything but equal. The East had more depth and lacked that dominant team because of it. Every game in the last 20 of the Heat Bucks Celtics Sixers had seeding on the line. The West was top heavy with 3 elite teams but a bunch of meh after that. The Lakers fell apart. The Clippers were a Mash unit. More tankers in the West. These two schedules the teams played weren’t equal and really neither were the results. It’s crazy to me that input everything from steals to FG # defense to point per possession to quality of meaty farts in these advanced metrics but now we’re gonna say 48 wins in the West is about equal to 51 wins in the East. Finishing 6 in a top heavy conference is about the same as tying for second in the conference with more depth and more pit fall type of contests.
The conferences were nearly dead even head to head. All you need to say.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially when they’re trying to sell people on this idea of “valuable”. How valuable are you when you’re done 6 days after the playoffs start.

That was kind of their point. There's nothing wrong with giving it to Jokic for the regular season, but by giving it to him when his team has been eliminated leads to comparing it to what Giannis and Embiid are doing in the playoffs, it diminishes the award.

They should either just start announcing it at the end of the regular season or get rid of the finals MVP, include the playoffs in the league MVP and announce the MVP after the finals are over.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sixers will win the ship.

Thanks losers!
Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the radio today they were talking about NBA MVPs, and past snubs and voter fatigue and so on. One of the most egregious is Derrick Rose winning over LeBron in 2011. LeBron was better in pretty much EVERY stat, and not by fractions but significantly better. It's never been a perfect process.
You can play the stats card with LeBron but in 2011 Miami was a super team that no one had ever seen before.

The voters were never going to give him the award considering it was the first year he had arguably two other top ten players on the roster. He won the award each of the following two years, so no one’s shedding tears for him.

While it may seem laughable now considering where his career has gone since, Rose took a .500-ish team in 2010 to the #1 seed in 2011.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can play the stats card with LeBron but in 2011 Miami was a super team that no one had ever seen before.

The voters were never going to give him the award considering it was the first year he had arguably two other top ten players on the roster. He won the award each of the following two years, so no one’s shedding tears for him.

While it may seem laughable now considering where his career has gone since, Rose took a .500-ish team in 2010 to the #1 seed in 2011.
Voter fatigue. That was Lebron's prime and you'd take him over Rose that year all day

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You did and you sound foolish every time you say it.

48 wins equals 19? 41/26% shooting equals 58/34%? 13 rebounds/assists equals 22 rebounds/assists?

ya gotta love this forum.
How clueless are you to directly compare a mvp to a rookie? Both guys played on teams that let them get more stats than their talent earned. You are too stupid to respond to this as you've already proven 3 times.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embiid was so pissed about not winning MVP that they lost by 35.
He got whacked across his broken face. Everyone can hit him but he can't hit anybody. Must be the true most valuable player to get the cards stacked against you like that.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How valuable are you when you aren't skilled enough to play defense?

raider bill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah. I’ll be talking about this for years. He’s the people’s MVP. This just highlights NBA media as being ass clowns. Wait until All NBA comes out and he’s 2nd team. It’s a joke.

But this thread is for Jokic. He had a great season and he’s a great player. It’s not on him that they fucked this up over valuing algorithms created by math geeks like Nate Silver of 538

DId you see jokic's form, yelling "watch the lob" from the bench, with their season on the line?

raider bill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Compare Embiid's FT attempts per game to Jokic's and I rest my case.

Jesus Christ, how is he gonna get fouled standing at the high post dishing?

Completely different games. You gotta take it to the rack to get fouled, and Jokic's foot work is about as good as the old guys I play with at the local park.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol

You need to drop the ''no one had ever seen before'' nonsense

Or do you think that the Showtime Lakers with Magic, Kareem and Worthy and the Celtics with Bird, McHale and Parrish never existed?

PPhan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was kind of their point. There's nothing wrong with giving it to Jokic for the regular season, but by giving it to him when his team has been eliminated leads to comparing it to what Giannis and Embiid are doing in the playoffs, it diminishes the award.

They should either just start announcing it at the end of the regular season or get rid of the finals MVP, include the playoffs in the league MVP and announce the MVP after the finals are over.
It’s not Jokic’s fault his team isn’t very good though. Sure he only played 5 games, but he was dominant. 31 points and 12.4 rebounds, can’t really ask more from him.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s not Jokic’s fault his team isn’t very good though. Sure he only played 5 games, but he was dominant. 31 points and 12.4 rebounds, can’t really ask more from him.

I completely agree. Jokic was dominant and he was without his teams 2nd and 3rd best players.

Unfortunately, the narrative has been that he didn't deserve it because of what Giannis and Embiid are doing. Folks tend to forget that it's strictly a regular season award.

There is virtually always going to be something to complain about no matter who wins the MVP because no one can seem to come to a consensus on what constitutes ''most valuable''.

Also, since it's voted on by humans, bias also effects votes.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How clueless are you to directly compare a mvp to a rookie? Both guys played on teams that let them get more stats than their talent earned. You are too stupid to respond to this as you've already proven 3 times.
I should have went with "oh, the irony" as you were the one who brought up a Jokic/MCW comparison., Not me. Maybe hire someone to keep track of your foolish comments so you don't look foolish in your future comments?

Make it a double...ya gotta love this forum, too.