• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Congrats Nikola Jokic

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great that he could step up and do that since Embiid not capable of running an offense like a certain big guy.
This is purely novelty. People have been running offense from the forward spot for years with various players. I can remember Barkley doing it in the early 90s as a Sixer. I don’t get the big deal at all. And what you’re putting on display is why so many of these metrics are completely fucked. You have pencil necked geeks like Nate Silver of 538, a political polling website making metrics to judge the quality of a basketball players season. That dude probably never picked up a basketball in his life. What does he create? He creates a system where 15 Chris Paul assists isn’t as valued as 8 Jokic assists because of the novelty of a center doing it. In my book an assist is an assist is an assist. We’ve created some crazy ass bizarro world with these analytics. They’ve already ruined baseball with this nonsense. You watch a game now and it’s either a walk, a strike out, or a homerun. That’s all they’re trying to do. It’s sad.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has turned into another ridiculous philly homer thread. Amazing the level of ignorance that comes with Philly sports.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has turned into another ridiculous philly homer thread. Amazing the level of ignorance that comes with Philly sports.
Across all 4 major sports some of the most knowledgable sports fans you’ll find. Everybody hates us and quite frankly we don’t fucking care.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll just rest on my opinions not jibbing with media types who don’t watch the games but instead flushing with 3/4 of the players who commented on who should have won.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Across all 4 major sports some of the most knowledgable sports fans you’ll find. Everybody hates us and quite frankly we don’t fucking care.
Los Angeles Lakers What GIF by NBA

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes we can see how little you care that "Philly hate" cost you guys an MVP, a GM, and some badly officiated playoff games (in your noncaring opinion)

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They finished 2 games back of the 1 seed and missed Embiid for 10 games due to Covid. Jokic squad was close to the play in game than they were the one seed.

And again…what exactly is the 6th seed in a top heavy Conference with teams left and right tanking or underachieving? Nuggets were 20-23 vs .500 teams.
Jokic team finished, what, 2-3 games back of Philly?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought you knew basketball? Joel Embiid isn’t a playmaker? Yikes. I guess passing out of a double team only counts as play making if it comes with a shiny assist for the box score. Bad take.
Jokic can run the offense. Embiid cannot. Better?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is purely novelty. People have been running offense from the forward spot for years with various players. I can remember Barkley doing it in the early 90s as a Sixer. I don’t get the big deal at all. And what you’re putting on display is why so many of these metrics are completely fucked. You have pencil necked geeks like Nate Silver of 538, a political polling website making metrics to judge the quality of a basketball players season. That dude probably never picked up a basketball in his life. What does he create? He creates a system where 15 Chris Paul assists isn’t as valued as 8 Jokic assists because of the novelty of a center doing it. In my book an assist is an assist is an assist. We’ve created some crazy ass bizarro world with these analytics. They’ve already ruined baseball with this nonsense. You watch a game now and it’s either a walk, a strike out, or a homerun. That’s all they’re trying to do. It’s sad.
It's not a big deal because Embiid can't do it.

Just say that and be done with it next time.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jokic team finished, what, 2-3 games back of Philly?
No they did not. They don’t even play in the same conference and they didn’t play anywhere near the same schedule. Sixers vs .500 or better 26-22. Nuggets vs .500 or better 20-23. That’s 5 more games played against winning teams. That’s 6 more wins against winning teams.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jokic can run the offense. Embiid cannot. Better?
Like a point forward…except this point forward is too unathletic to play forward and guard that position so he’s a 5.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a big deal because Embiid can't do it.

Just say that and be done with it next time.
Nah. I’ll call it what it is. It’s a fascination with a novelty.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll just rest on my opinions not jibbing with media types who don’t watch the games but instead flushing with 3/4 of the players who commented on who should have won.
You are a very knowledgeable poster and I enjoy your opinions as long as it isn't Philly sports related. As soon as you start talking Philly sports to a Philly sports fan they transfer into smug assholes who think they are the be all end all for everything wise. It's like feeding a God damn magwai food after midnight. Boom, instant gremlin.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are a very knowledgeable poster and I enjoy your opinions as long as it isn't Philly sports related. As soon as you start talking Philly sports to a Philly sports fan they transfer into smug assholes who think they are the be all end all for everything wise. It's like feeding a God damn magwai food after midnight. Boom, instant gremlin.
Then I have failed if I don’t always come across that way. Every opinion I maintain is the tits and can not be argued against. If there was a better opinion to maintain I would have already abandoned the other and adopted a new one.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they did not. They don’t even play in the same conference and they didn’t play anywhere near the same schedule. Sixers vs .500 or better 26-22. Nuggets vs .500 or better 20-23. That’s 5 more games played against winning teams. That’s 6 more wins against winning teams.
I mean, the East and West were pretty close to even head to head so hard to say one conference was much better than the other.

All the games count, FYI...no bonus points for beating a winning team nor taken away vs. a lesser team. Never mind the circumstances that might have occurred in those games, especially in a Covid season (players missing for each team).

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the radio today they were talking about NBA MVPs, and past snubs and voter fatigue and so on. One of the most egregious is Derrick Rose winning over LeBron in 2011. LeBron was better in pretty much EVERY stat, and not by fractions but significantly better. It's never been a perfect process.

I agree with what they were saying on both Dan Patrick and Cowherd today. It's a regular season award, so announce it at the end of the regular season, not in the middle of the playoffs.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, the East and West were pretty close to even head to head so hard to say one conference was much better than the other.

All the games count, FYI...no bonus points for beating a winning team nor taken away vs. a lesser team. Never mind the circumstances that might have occurred in those games, especially in a Covid season (players missing for each team).
Like 3 of those 20 wins coming against a Draymond less Warriors? And the conferences were anything but equal. The East had more depth and lacked that dominant team because of it. Every game in the last 20 of the Heat Bucks Celtics Sixers had seeding on the line. The West was top heavy with 3 elite teams but a bunch of meh after that. The Lakers fell apart. The Clippers were a Mash unit. More tankers in the West. These two schedules the teams played weren’t equal and really neither were the results. It’s crazy to me that input everything from steals to FG # defense to point per possession to quality of meaty farts in these advanced metrics but now we’re gonna say 48 wins in the West is about equal to 51 wins in the East. Finishing 6 in a top heavy conference is about the same as tying for second in the conference with more depth and more pit fall type of contests.