• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Concacaf Olympic Qualifying

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USAU23 VS MEXU23 tonight.

Don't know if anyone cares

Winner will win the stacked group A (Mexico wins with a tie on GD). Canada and Honduras will likely come out of group B.

Semis on Sunday. Win the Semi and you're qualified.

Figured people would be interested considering all of our talent seems to be under 23.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately very little of that talent was on the field for the qualifiers. I'm not sure if it was lack of talent or lack of effort yesterday. Sadly, it looked like both. One step forward, two steps back

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately very little of that talent was on the field for the qualifiers. I'm not sure if it was lack of talent or lack of effort yesterday. Sadly, it looked like both. One step forward, two steps back

For some reason they didn't take this seriously.

Clubs don't have to release players for this Olympic format.
But, the announcers kept telling us that all of the players were 'professionals'.

If Pulisic, Reyna, etc. can play in an International 'Friendly' but not an Olympic qualifier where everything is on the line, then I'm not sure what to say.

Were they even eligible?
Maybe they felt if they played and lost they would lose confidence?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason they didn't take this seriously.

Clubs don't have to release players for this Olympic format.
But, the announcers kept telling us that all of the players were 'professionals'.

If Pulisic, Reyna, etc. can play in an International 'Friendly' but not an Olympic qualifier where everything is on the line, then I'm not sure what to say.

Were they even eligible?
Maybe they felt if they played and lost they would lose confidence?
The senior team was together for just a short while for last weeks games. The Olympic qualifying team was together for weeks and the roster was set a while ago. So while it seemed odd that yesterday both played it wasn't practical for the top players from European clubs to play in the qualifiers without being released by their club teams for a long time. MLS didn't start yet so no issue for those players.