• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Completely Non-FF Thoughts

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They gave Fields away. I still think they should've kept him and drafted Harrison Jr. If Marvin is as good as people think, he and DJ Moore would potentially give Fields a killer combo to throw to.

Why they tried to make Fields a running QB, I'll never understand. It was not his forte in college and every time I saw the guy take off, I cringed and thought "this guy's gonna get killed doing this."
I think the problem is that Fields wouldn't listen to the coaches. He said something about them giving him too much to think about and they just needed to let him play. A lot of that running QB stuff came from him. Maybe he'll mature out of it now that he's been demoted, and realize he needs to earn - and keep earning - a starting spot in the NFL.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the problem is that Fields wouldn't listen to the coaches. He said something about them giving him too much to think about and they just needed to let him play. A lot of that running QB stuff came from him. Maybe he'll mature out of it now that he's been demoted, and realize he needs to earn - and keep earning - a starting spot in the NFL.
You may be right. Such a terrible mindset.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the rub with him. Is the idiocy baked in, or can it be cured? Great landing spot if the latter.
I think after he clicked with DJ Moore last year, his eyes were opened.

Unfortunately, we'll never know how that scenario would've played out.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hindsight is 20/20.
I can garauntee the same folks who continue to say the Bears could've had Mahomes (when Trubisky was the consensus #1) will be the same ones who will say the Bears could've had Daniels, Maye, McCarthy, Penix, or Nix - if Caleb Williams blows chunks and one of them becomes elite.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well here's the thing with Fields.. bottom line flat out-

All 30 other teams just told you, all GM's, all HC's, OC's, scouts..all those people just declared, quiet loudly in fact, that none of them view Feilds as an NFL starting caliber QB, not now, nor in the immediate future. If they had, they'd have given more than a day 3 pick, and there would've probably been a bit of a bidding war. But they didn't, and there wasn't.

Now you can buy the BS about the Bears 'doing right by Justin" all you want, and maybe the they did, but there is ZERO chance they turned down anything higher than a surefire 4th rounder from anyone else to 'do right by Justin' and accept a conditional 6th-to maybe a 4th from the Steelers. There's just no possible way they turned down a day 2 pick to do that, none. And if that's the case, than the only thing that can be true is that the entire league does not consider Feilds to be a starting caliber QB.

They didn't give him away, that's the best they could do. That's what a backup, project QB goes for..see Trey Lance.

Side note, related, but only marginally-
Some dude's mock draft has the Cardinals selecting JJ McCarthy at #4, then trading Murray to the Vikes for #11 and a future 3rd.

I'm like.. wait a minute, Feilds goes for a 4th..best case... and this joker thinks the Cardinals can get #11 overall for Murray?? What's this JAG smoking?

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you can buy the BS about the Bears 'doing right by Justin" all you want, and maybe the they did
I dont buy it. :hellno:
I think that was a story started by Justin's agent that grew legs. Poles wont be a GM long if he's sacrificing business deals for personal deals.

With so much riding on getting this QB decision CORRECT, i would like to believe Poles and the whole Bears brass were doing their due diligence on Caleb and all the other QB (including Justin). And a deal didnt get done sooner because, well, the Bears had to work around all these pro days, etc.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well here's the thing with Fields.. bottom line flat out-

All 30 other teams just told you, all GM's, all HC's, OC's, scouts..all those people just declared, quiet loudly in fact, that none of them view Feilds as an NFL starting caliber QB, not now, nor in the immediate future. If they had, they'd have given more than a day 3 pick, and there would've probably been a bit of a bidding war. But they didn't, and there wasn't.

Now you can buy the BS about the Bears 'doing right by Justin" all you want, and maybe the they did, but there is ZERO chance they turned down anything higher than a surefire 4th rounder from anyone else to 'do right by Justin' and accept a conditional 6th-to maybe a 4th from the Steelers. There's just no possible way they turned down a day 2 pick to do that, none. And if that's the case, than the only thing that can be true is that the entire league does not consider Feilds to be a starting caliber QB.

They didn't give him away, that's the best they could do. That's what a backup, project QB goes for..see Trey Lance.

Side note, related, but only marginally-
Some dude's mock draft has the Cardinals selecting JJ McCarthy at #4, then trading Murray to the Vikes for #11 and a future 3rd.

I'm like.. wait a minute, Feilds goes for a 4th..best case... and this joker thinks the Cardinals can get #11 overall for Murray?? What's this JAG smoking?
I saw that mock! Jeezus, I'll suffer through Darnold for a year. :pound: :pound: :pound:

However, snagging Fields for a 6th? I'm the Vikes, I'm all over that.

Throwing to Jefferson and Addison? Yeah, I'd take that chance.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont buy it. :hellno:
I think that was a story started by Justin's agent that grew legs. Poles wont be a GM long if he's sacrificing business deals for personal deals.

With so much riding on getting this QB decision CORRECT, i would like to believe Poles and the whole Bears brass were doing their due diligence on Caleb and all the other QB (including Justin). And a deal didnt get done sooner because, well, the Bears had to work around all these pro days, etc.
Well I would buy that they turned down a 5th, to take the conditional 6th/4th. Or MAYBE Evan a straight up 4th rounder, especially if that 4th was an NFC North team.. but that's be as far as I would buy any of that nonsense. No one takes a 6th/4th over a 3rd, to 'do right' by a player. Maybe if we're talking a legendary player whose time is coming and the organization wants to send him off right, give him that chance to win a ring as he rides off into the sunset. Maybe. If we're talking about let's say..Urlacher..I would buy that the Bears traded him cheap to 'do right by the player ' but not a young QB, with 2 possible years on his rookie deal. Just doesn't happen

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitts not selling enough #8 jerseys his first few years in the league to be able to afford to change numbers with Cousins is hilarious.

But also, kudos to both Pitts and Cousins for not forking over the cash just to change jersey numbers

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Barilko

These guys will be doing a leg of their tour this year in Canada, not sure if anywhere close to you.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs HC Andy Reid said Rashee Rice will participate in the first portion of offseason conditioning virtually.

how exactly does one "attend" conditioning virtually?

Yea sure coach I did my 500 burpees and ran my wind sprints, the camera on my laptop must've froze up or something

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs HC Andy Reid said Rashee Rice will participate in the first portion of offseason conditioning virtually.

how exactly does one "attend" conditioning virtually?

Yea sure coach I did my 500 burpees and ran my wind sprints, the camera on my laptop must've froze up or something
They got cameras in his house he don't know about.